Cooking

Gemmill

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

:lol: 

It's not that expensive man. Got a good deal on accommodation, the woman who worked where we were staying gave us a map where she'd written on notes of where to go, what to avoid and all that. We ate amazing food for reasonable prices and took in the museums and galleries, even got to see some opera singers perform arias in a small church. Just avoided buying anything on the Bridge, took a picnic up Michaelangelo's hill, had breakfast at the place we were staying.

#CultureDave

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

What the fuck?

Couldn't find tomatoes, used chilli pepper ketchup instead. Then I couldn't find pizza base, so just used a folded up Ikea bag. And then I couldn't find cheese, so I just jizzed on the top.

Jesus Christ, I might have to phone the Italian embassy to apologise.

Honestly, if you need heat, there's bound tobe a place that does Nduja and gorgonzola, or wild boar and green chillis, or something.

What do you think is the main ingredient in homemade chilli ketchup FFS ?? It's not the chilli btw 🙄

Just now, Toonpack said:

What do you think is the main ingredient in homemade chilli ketchup FFS ?? It's not the chilli btw 🙄

Probably the same main ingredient from a homemade Bloody Mary, but I'm not sloshing that on a pizza base and calling it anything but a clusterfuck.

Just now, The Fish said:

Probably the same main ingredient from a homemade Bloody Mary, but I'm not sloshing that on a pizza base and calling it anything but a clusterfuck.

It's bloody tomatoes you arse, fresh tomatoes, made into a sauce - you know like the eyeties do 

Just now, Toonpack said:

It's bloody tomatoes you arse, fresh tomatoes, made into a sauce - you know like the eyeties do 

It's ketchup, with scotch bonnets in it, you bloody savage.

Might as well spread some Heinz spaghetti hoops on a stottie and call that a fucking pizza.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I feel bad that you've never had good pizza. 

There are two excellent pizza places near me, and we make our own. Genuinely tempted to get a pizza oven in the back garden. 

If you're based in Newcastle, I'm sure some on here could direct you to an excellent place for a slice of wonderful.

Scream For Pizza (Sandygate) and Flint (Chillingham Road) are the two best in Newcastle imo. Cal's has gone right off the boil since he started offering by the slice. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Scream For Pizza (Sandygate) and Flint (Chillingham Road) are the two best in Newcastle imo. Cal's has gone right off the boil since he started offering by the slice. 

They look very good indeed. Cheaper than a fucking Dominoes as well

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

It's ketchup, with scotch bonnets in it, you bloody savage.

Might as well spread some Heinz spaghetti hoops on a stottie and call that a fucking pizza.

So what exactly goes onto a pizza, sauce wise, if not a tomato sauce ?? before you stick other stuff on it ??

6 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

So what exactly goes onto a pizza, sauce wise, if not a tomato sauce ?? before you stick other stuff on it ??

You're not honestly trying to convince me that a scotch bonnet ketchup is the same as the tomato base on pizzas? Jesus, this si the pizzas are just cheese on toast thing again.

Honestly, you're a barbarian.

36 minutes ago, The Fish said:

They look very good indeed. Cheaper than a fucking Dominoes as well

Both had a really good set up during Covid as well. Ability to book a pickup slot and place your order days in advance, which has meant they've both been absolutely chinning it despite the pandemic. So much so that SFP are taking the week off prior to whichever date it is that restaurants can let people back in again. 

40 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You're not honestly trying to convince me that a scotch bonnet ketchup is the same as the tomato base on pizzas? Jesus, this si the pizzas are just cheese on toast thing again.

Honestly, you're a barbarian.

A tomato base is a tomato base, added to it was Scotch Bonnet to add the bonnet flavour (which is lush) and a (very) little heat.

A ketchup is simply a smooth sauce made from tomatoes, any pizza with a tomato sauce base has ketchup on it, literally. 

26 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

A tomato base is a tomato base, added to it was Scotch Bonnet to add the bonnet flavour (which is lush) and a (very) little heat.

A ketchup is simply a smooth sauce made from tomatoes, any pizza with a tomato sauce base has ketchup on it, literally. 

Do you like ketchup on your pasta too? It's the new CT. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

It's not that expensive man. Got a good deal on accommodation, the woman who worked where we were staying gave us a map where she'd written on notes of where to go, what to avoid and all that. We ate amazing food for reasonable prices and took in the museums and galleries, even got to see some opera singers perform arias in a small church. Just avoided buying anything on the Bridge, took a picnic up Michaelangelo's hill, had breakfast at the place we were staying.

ah, the ponte vecchio, best avoided as the giant rats are more than capable of leaping up there to attack tourists.

and another thing.... why have the statues got such small willies?

it's hardly befitting the Italian male macho image!   :)

Edited by thebrokendoll

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

ah, the ponte vecchio, best avoided as the giant rats are more than capable of leaping up there to attack tourists.

and another thing.... why have the statues got such small willies?

it's hardly befitting the Italian male macho image!   :)

That's going to confuse Gemmil. It's where he gets his entirely undeserved sense of self worth from. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

That's going to confuse Gemmil. It's where he gets his entirely undeserved sense of self worth from. 

The one with the smallest of them all is called David. No reason, I'm sure. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

No it, literally, doesn't. That's why they call it a tomato base/sauce, rather than ketchup. It doesn't have vinegar, or half the sugar for a start. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

The one with the smallest of them all is called David. No reason, I'm sure. 

Michaelangelo is quoted as saying "I madea de willie smalla. Life size, woulda haffbeen too beeg fora Uffizi!'

18 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Do you like ketchup on your pasta too? It's the new CT. 

It's  name for a sauce FFS :):):):) Not out of a bottle - geezus

Edited by Toonpack