Cooking

Gemmill

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I bet this dirty cunt likes doner meat on his. 

There was this ropey old pizza place I used to order from during student days which did a doner pizza. The same place did a four cheeses where one the cheeses was cottage 🤢 

• Haha 1

Fucking hell :sick:

I knew a lad at Uni who’d get a takeaway when he was pissed and then he’d make himself sick on the way home every time. At one stage I’m sure a few of his mates were joining in :lol: 

18 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

if the best meal you've ever had in your life was in florence, then it's safe to assume you must be fucking loaded mate.

florence... some nice buildings, shitloads of giant fuck off rats swimming about in the arno and a population hell bent on ripping you off of every euro you own with the most extortionate prices anywhere in europe outside of switzerland!

:)

:lol: 

It's not that expensive man. Got a good deal on accommodation, the woman who worked where we were staying gave us a map where she'd written on notes of where to go, what to avoid and all that. We ate amazing food for reasonable prices and took in the museums and galleries, even got to see some opera singers perform arias in a small church. Just avoided buying anything on the Bridge, took a picnic up Michaelangelo's hill, had breakfast at the place we were staying.

18 hours ago, Toonpack said:

OK so I should have said shortcrust pastry, you wouldn't make a beef wellington with choux pastry now would you.

Look Italian food is nice apart from Pizza which is massively over-rated (and nowt nor something).

I feel bad that you've never had good pizza. 

There are two excellent pizza places near me, and we make our own. Genuinely tempted to get a pizza oven in the back garden. 

If you're based in Newcastle, I'm sure some on here could direct you to an excellent place for a slice of wonderful.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I feel bad that you've never had good pizza. 

There are two excellent pizza places near me, and we make our own. Genuinely tempted to get a pizza oven in the back garden. 

If you're based in Newcastle, I'm sure some on here could direct you to an excellent place for a slice of wonderful.

I have had plenty that purport to be "good pizza" always thoroughly underwhelming. Choice of last resort on any menu for me.

Nearest I ever got was 100% homemade, using eldest sons Scotch Bonnet chilli ketchup as tomato base. (not overly hot but flavour came through, scotch bonnet the king of chilli's for me).

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I have had plenty that purport to be "good pizza" always thoroughly underwhelming. Choice of last resort on any menu for me.

Nearest I ever got was 100% homemade, using eldest sons Scotch Bonnet chilli ketchup as tomato base. (not overly hot but flavour came through, scotch bonnet the king of chilli's for me).

What the fuck?

Couldn't find tomatoes, used chilli pepper ketchup instead. Then I couldn't find pizza base, so just used a folded up Ikea bag. And then I couldn't find cheese, so I just jizzed on the top.

Jesus Christ, I might have to phone the Italian embassy to apologise.

Honestly, if you need heat, there's bound tobe a place that does Nduja and gorgonzola, or wild boar and green chillis, or something.

Edited by The Fish