Cooking

Gemmill

I can't believe these last few pages! 

Italian food is consistently amazing and I've had one of the best meals of my life in Florence. (Il Santo Bevitore). Even the most basic, sandwich van pisses all over normal British food.

Saying pasta is flavourless is mental and I can only assume you're not cooking it properly, or buying shit pasta. And Pizza is shit? Pizza is a versatile, delicious and easy meal. Load it up with veg, cheeses and meats. You don't even need a tomato base, you don't necessarily need cheese.

I'm livid.

21 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Might be time to delete it. 🤨

and lose gems like this?

On 16/01/2007 at 09:24, Gemmill said:

I turned my skills to the kitchen yesterday, knocking together a pasta dish from Jamie Oliver's latest book. And let me tell you, it was TO DIE FOR! :lol:

Think I might make something else from it later on in the week when I've worked my way through what's left of this pasta. Anyone else on here a budding GENIUS in the kitchen like me?

And never mind the "cooking is gay" stuff either. I'm impervious to it. :lol:

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Italian food is consistently amazing and I've had one of the best meals of my life in Florence. (Il Santo Bevitore). Even the most basic, sandwich van pisses all over normal British food.

Saying pasta is flavourless is mental and I can only assume you're not cooking it properly, or buying shit pasta. And Pizza is shit? Pizza is a versatile, delicious and easy meal. Load it up with veg, cheeses and meats. You don't even need a tomato base, you don't necessarily need cheese.

I'm livid.

So is cheese on toast

32 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

So is cheese on toast

How undertoasted is your toast? 

Saying pizza is cheese on toast, is like saying beef wellington is a sausage roll!

Where are you from? This philistinian attitude yo food is very American.

18 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The only way you could prefer cheese on toast to pizza is if you had somehow travelled into the future from 1978 and hadn’t actually processed everything yet.

Steady on-That’s like saying you can’t prefer Lamb to Beef. 

A well made doorstep of bubbling and “just starting to brown” cheese on toast, with a splash Lea and Perrins, is a thing of beauty, as is a good pizza. 
porque-no-los-dos-gif.gif

20 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The only way you could prefer cheese on toast to pizza is if you had somehow travelled into the future from 1978 and hadn’t actually processed everything yet.

27 minutes ago, The Fish said:

How undertoasted is your toast? 

Saying pizza is cheese on toast, is like saying beef wellington is a sausage roll!

Where are you from? This philistinian attitude yo food is very American.

Pizza is bread with a topping (or toppings) as is cheese on toast

Beef wellington is beef in pastry (with a mushroom coating preferably) no sausage involved, so it's a pie not a sausage roll

Personally I would rather have the toppings on the side with a nice chunk of rustic loaf and a balsamic/oil dip and then Pasta

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Steady on-That’s like saying you can’t prefer Lamb to Beef. 

A well made doorstep of bubbling and “just starting to brown” cheese on toast, with a splash Lea and Perrins, is a thing of beauty, as is a good pizza. 
porque-no-los-dos-gif.gif

Where does cheese on toast end and Pizza begin ????

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Pizza is bread with a topping (or toppings) as is cheese on toast

Beef wellington is beef in pastry (with a mushroom coating preferably) no sausage involved, so it's a pie not a sausage roll

Personally I would rather have the toppings on the side with a nice chunk of rustic loaf and a balsamic/oil dip and then Pasta

Sausage doesn't have to be pork.

Pies don't have to be beef.

Pies don't have to be filling wrapped in pastry, a pastry topped dish is still a pie, Shepherd, Huntsman & Cottage pies don't have any fucking pastry at all.

So your defence has more holes than ciabatta.

You're so many types of wrong, there's only one thing with more variety; Italian food. But that has good taste.

57 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Sausage doesn't have to be pork.

Pies don't have to be beef.

Pies don't have to be filling wrapped in pastry, a pastry topped dish is still a pie, Shepherd, Huntsman & Cottage pies don't have any fucking pastry at all.

So your defence has more holes than ciabatta.

You're so many types of wrong, there's only one thing with more variety; Italian food. But that has good taste.

Sorry like, but who mentioned pork, a sausage has to be a sausage irrespective of dead animal (or plant) involved, a beef fillet is never a sausage unless processed into one. Ergo a beef wellington could never be considered a sausage roll.

I would agree pies don't have to be filling wrapped in pastry, BUT I am struggling to think of anything pastry wrapped that isn't a pie, a beef Wellington is basically a posh steak bake.

I like Italian food but pizza is just glorificato formaggio sul toast

Edited by Toonpack

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

I'm livid.

Basically something actual Italians are too arrogant/stubborn to do, hence the comment about pizzas being improved outside of Italy.

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

Sorry like, but who mentioned pork, a sausage has to be a sausage irrespective of dead animal (or plant) involved, a beef fillet is never a sausage unless processed into one. Ergo a beef wellington could never be considered a sausage roll.

I would agree pies don't have to be filling wrapped in pastry, a pastry topped dish is still a pie BUT I am struggling to think of anything pastry wrapped that isn't a pie, a beef Wellington is basically a posh steak bake.

I like Italian food but pizza is just glorificato formaggio sul toast

Samosa, Pasty, Cannoli, strudel, profiteroles, tarts.

7 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Basically something actual Italians are too arrogant/stubborn to do, hence the comment about pizzas being improved outside of Italy.

Yeah, you wouldn't catch an Italian putting tomatoes, basil, salami, and mozzarella on their pizzas...

Oh fanculo.

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Yeah, you wouldn't catch an Italian putting tomatoes, basil, salami, and mozzarella on their pizzas...

Oh fanculo.

"Load it up" suggests toppings, as does the plural on cheese and meat, then you've just listed a few core ingredients and salami

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

"Load it up" suggests toppings, as does the plural on cheese and meat, then you've just listed a few core ingredients and salami

I'm guessing you want 4 different types of meats, maybe some blue cheese, enough chilli peppers to get you into orbit and some fucking pienapple, do you?

A good pizza place makes amazing pizza with just a few ingredients. The pizza it sounds like you want were last seen on a laminated menu covered in pictures and "GREAT FAMILY DEALS".

Feral oaf..

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

I'm livid.

if the best meal you've ever had in your life was in florence, then it's safe to assume you must be fucking loaded mate.

florence... some nice buildings, shitloads of giant fuck off rats swimming about in the arno and a population hell bent on ripping you off of every euro you own with the most extortionate prices anywhere in europe outside of switzerland!

:)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 3

I didn't look at the prices mate, I was too scared!

I worked at the fucking huge hitachi train manufacturing plant at nearby pistoia and they charged about €8 for a lunchtime meal of slop.

and by god it was fucking slop mind, guaranteed to sway the opinion of even the most ardent of italian food lovers in here!

:)

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Samosa, Pasty, Cannoli, strudel, profiteroles, tarts.

OK so I should have said shortcrust pastry, you wouldn't make a beef wellington with choux pastry now would you.

Look Italian food is nice apart from Pizza which is massively over-rated (and nowt nor something).

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I'm guessing you want 4 different types of meats, maybe some blue cheese, enough chilli peppers to get you into orbit and some fucking pienapple, do you?

A good pizza place makes amazing pizza with just a few ingredients. The pizza it sounds like you want were last seen on a laminated menu covered in pictures and "GREAT FAMILY DEALS".

Feral oaf..

I mean you said meats and cheeses, not me