Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Paws is nearly right, the 60 gig model is the first one which is compatibly with most PS2 games. The newer versions do not support PS2 games at all. (40g/80g)

Even then the 60g wont play all of your PS2 games.

Cheers fellas - bunch of toss. Ah well, 60GB it is.....

Can't understand why they won't make it backwards compatible though - I take it the original Playstation games have no chance?

I think it was something to do with the cost of the chip required to run both PS2 & PS3 games. Sony are (or were originally at least) making a loss on every PS3 they sold.

The cynic in my says it's so that people ditch their PS2 and switch fully to PS3.

I have no such compatibility issues with my 360 - it just isn't <_<

EDIT: I should also say, the HDD is dead easy to upgrade in the PS3 - Sony even tell you how to do it on their website. IIRC, it wont invalidate your warranty either (M$ - take note at the nice console company). I know this because one of the lads in the office has done it. You can even migrate your files across to the new drive.

Buy the 60gb version and upgrade the HDD - Win Win.

Edited by maggiespaws

you paid 250euros to frame a shirt!? Was it solid gold plated or something!

I actually rang around 5-6 places and they were all quoting the same or more. I charged it through work anyway as it was a corporate gift.

I wouldn't worry about hard drive size anyway.

I have the 40gb, nowhere near full and it has quite a lot of content on it, If I was struggling I would use a wireless media server or an external hard drive anyway.

p3086437dt.jpg

Time to rid meself of that gut and get fit for the GNR!

is it any good? I got one off my sister for xmas but it didn't arrive from amazon in time so i'm getting it off her next week when i'm back up for the derby. Heard good things about them