Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Your kids actually head on holiday with you CT? (the grown ones obviously)

My ma moans all the time about me never wanting to go on holiday with them, figured i'd have been in the majority there but possibly not!, haven't been away with them since i was 15 or something.

The real reason he needs a roof box.

" You're coming!

Now get .....

In.......,

There!"

Your kids actually head on holiday with you CT? (the grown ones obviously)

My ma moans all the time about me never wanting to go on holiday with them, figured i'd have been in the majority there but possibly not!, haven't been away with them since i was 15 or something.

The older ones do their own foreign holidays as well but whenever possible they all want to join in. (Even the boyfriends).

I'm extremely family orientated so love it.

Next year we're all doing Majorca in a villa or touring Scotland in a motor home and tents.

You should check out airbnb.com CT. some great places to stay at reasonable rates.

Thought you'd like this , as an example :lol:

https://airbnb.com/rooms/29018

We found a nice place in Corsica on there, just booked the flights. Looked up Scooter rental, and I found someone had already asked on trip advisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187141-i3644-k3783024-Scooter_or_car_in_Bastia_Corsica-Bastia_Haute_Corse_Corsica.html

Might give it a miss. :lol:

You should check out airbnb.com CT. some great places to stay at reasonable rates.

Thought you'd like this , as an example :lol:

https://airbnb.com/rooms/29018

:lol: I've stayed here before, but that definitely wins.

Can also vouch for airbnb, by the way. We stayed in two lovely places in Malmö through there and will be doing the same in Leuven later in the year.

Saw the Pixies at Glasgow Secc a few years back. I was disappointed tbh, I don't think their heart was in it and it showed. Purely a commercial exercise for FB now imo, glad I saw them in their heyday.

Saw the Pixies at Glasgow Secc a few years back. I was disappointed tbh, I don't think their heart was in it and it showed. Purely a commercial exercise for FB now imo, glad I saw them in their heyday.

In 2009? I was at that gig right at the front, one of my favourite gigs ever.

Just got tickets for Manchester, London date sold out within 90 seconds, wow.

In 2009? I was at that gig right at the front, one of my favourite gigs ever.

Just got tickets for Manchester, London date sold out within 90 seconds, wow.

Aye, maybe I'm just old and jaded, but for me it didn't have the same buzz as in the early 90s, probably my expectations were too high. Didn't like the venue much either compared with the Mayfair ;). Thing is, the Pixies were never really 'replaced' so I can see the reason for the continued interest.

On a related note, in general I find most these reunions depressing. Not very rock and roll is it?

Disaster.

Had two tickets on gigsandtours but it wouldnt recognise my login so I re-registered by which time the fuckers sold out.

Waiting for an extra gig to come up now.