What are you reading?

khay

Started on this last night.

225px-OpenVeinCover.jpg

Finished it today and I found it quite an eye opener, it did drag on in parts but the amount of pillaging that has went on in South America has been utterly appalling and I never realised to the degree how much that whole area has been exploited over time.

''Nobody Ever Says Thank You''

Possibly the best book I've read on Brian Clough, very enjoyable. A good mix of facts & comedy, whilst revealing a lot of Clough's character, good and bad. It's a shame David Peace didn't have a book like this to read before he wrote The Damned United.

(Provided you don't kiss me - by Duncan Hamilton being the other I've read)

• 4 weeks later...

51kRj0E%2B1lL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-st

Read half of this as a lighthearted read on the plane inbetween the novel I was reading at the time and forgot to get back to it until last night. Ex-NUFC player of the seventies, Cannell wasn't a great player but was a bit of a boy and this book is worth reading alone just for his career in the USA. Genuinely funny stuff in here as well as him exposing Jimmy Hill as a bent owner who had to leave the States as he had a warrant for his arrest as well as 'Whitey' tales, shagging, getting paid Nike sponsorship in the US and agents trying to convert it into cocaine to avoid him paying tax over there.

Just had a look and it's £1.53 on kindle. Worth it at that price, definitely. :good:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...