What are you reading?

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Re-read that recently, about 25 years after the first time round. I wasn't disappointed 2nd time round but I found it quite depressing rather than some exciting road trip (or series of road trips and adventures) they're all just a bunch of lost souls chasing some impossible dream really, aren't they? Would recommend Big Sur and The Dharma Bums.

Aye, I didn't take anything necessarily positive out of it but not sure anyone has ever so beautifully described the chase to get rid of ennui. 

And people say this place is up it's own arse.

I'll have a look at those two, Alex. Been meaning to dig into his other books since I "acquired" his bibliography so I'll hoy them on my Kindle.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ssssshh, ssssshh.

Pork Bjork. That rhymes.   I have nothing else to add

I'm still disappointed they didn't have kids so they'd have to give them the surname Goldiesson.

Posted Images

Currently onto book four of the Bernicia Chronicles, loving them all so far. Basically it's set in 7th century Britain and is based around the life of one warrior, but also attempts to factor in real life events. So Oswald of Northumbria has quite a prominent role in things at the moment. I'm a proper nerdlinger for anything Anglo-Saxon, so if that's what you like then I can't recommend them enough.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Tooj said:

Currently onto book four of the Bernicia Chronicles, loving them all so far. Basically it's set in 7th century Britain and is based around the life of one warrior, but also attempts to factor in real life events. So Oswald of Northumbria has quite a prominent role in things at the moment. I'm a proper nerdlinger for anything Anglo-Saxon, so if that's what you like then I can't recommend them enough.

I'm happy to read owt, but I'm not paying that!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1508995702/ref=tmm_pap_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=&sr=

18 hours ago, Tooj said:

One of my fave rides locally takes me past Marston Moor and I always stop at the memorial there.  Every time I get home I always mean to do some research into it but never do.  So I've just now finally ordered some books!  Nice one @Tooj

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/09/2017 at 7:41 PM, Tyne Bridge said:

Anyone listen to audiobooks? I love a read but like to listen when running. 

Recent recommendations from friends\colleagues have been underwhelming. 

The Alan Partridge books are absolutely class, but you won't be able to listen to them while running.  They're the sort of books that make you look a cunt on public transport by trying to stifle your laughter. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...