Top Gear

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Hammond always been so annoying? Or is it only since he got the long hair and leather jacket.

hes always been annoying, but hasnt always been as annoying as he is now

Tom cruise is on next week

I'm going to stick my neck out and say he'll blitz the timesheets.

One of my good mates used to manage the Daytona Karting Centre at Milton Keynes and regularly had Tom Cruise turn up for the races (and more often than not won them).

Supposedly been a massive petrol head ever since Days Of Thunder.

Has Hammond always been so annoying? Or is it only since he got the long hair and leather jacket.

hes always been annoying, but hasnt always been as annoying as he is now

I thought he gone a bit weird ever since the accident IMO.

The programme has changed. When May could be May and Hammond could be Hammond it was fine but for a few years now, ever since they started throwing them together for challenges every other week, they just seem to be trying to act like mini-Clarksons. It's hugely annoying because when May is a fantastic broadcaster in his own right, he doesn't need to try and act like a bloke who has made a living out of being a prize cunt.

Hammond was always slightly annoying, but he's an awful actor too so it's painfully obvious when he's doing the scripted bits. And that fucking hairstyle is woeful.

Edited by Ketsbaia

Indeed. Clarkson for once nailed it when he said that he was much more than "That F1 driver who died".

Simply the best in the time I've watched the sport and certainly one of the top 3 of all time.

Indeed. Clarkson for once nailed it when he said that he was much more than "That F1 driver who died".

Yeah, that was Roland Ratzenberger.

Decent piece, obviously, but I'm buggered if I'm giving anyone credit for noticing that Senna was quite good at what he did.

Decent piece, obviously, but I'm buggered if I'm giving anyone credit for noticing that Senna was quite good at what he did.

I think the fact that was being pointed out Martin is that we're a generation on and those that are too young to remember Senna, or weren't even born when he died have little or no appreciation for his talent - he was just 'that driver who died'.

I think the fact that was being pointed out Martin is that we're a generation on and those that are too young to remember Senna, or weren't even born when he died have little or no appreciation for his talent - he was just 'that driver who died'.

No, Craig, I think you'll find the point was that I'd had a glass of wine too many and was in a bit of a strop. :unsure::lol:

Have to admit that the piece on Senna was pretty damn good. Some of that footage of his qualifying laps and racecraft show that he was an absolute master of his craft. Clarksons point about him being consistently brilliant rings true. It also shows that the level of talent he had in the wet and qualifying was frightening.

Also the race in f3 when he took brundle out…. Jeezus I’d have given up motor sport after that.

For a pair of yanks diaz and cruise were quite quick.

No, Craig, I think you'll find the point was that I'd had a glass of wine too many and was in a bit of a strop. :unsure::lol:

Flounce alert :lol:

good episode last night. you could tell cruise is a petrol head. he came across much better than when he was on jonathan ross. suprised he got the top lap time mind given the last corner was taken on two wheels!

the senna piece was class too. he was a bit of a schumacher mind when it came to barging opponents off the road. shocking what he did to alain prost when all he had to do was make sure he didn't finish to secure the championship.

Aye, he could be a right cunt. It's one of those things I suppose, if it was a team sport like football then you'd want him on your side rather than playing against you, but when it's individual (and let's be honest, the constructor's championship matters to nobody other than the constructors themselves), it's far dodgier. You probably either have to be a Schumi-style robot or have a few screws loose to properly make it in motorsport though, so it's horses for courses I guess.

Clarksons a tw*t he's a tory ffs. I know his bodyguard Clarkson's a boffin who stays in reading books real life. The whole stuff on top gear is an act. Wossys the same hes got a book club on twitter. He also builds castles with match sticks.

Edited by kophead

Clarksons a tw*t he's a tory ffs. I know his bodyguard Clarkson's a boffin who stays in reading books real life. The whole stuff on top gear is an act. Wossys the same hes got a book club on twitter. He also builds castles with match sticks.

yeah reading's for steers and queers. Nobody got no where from reading. Boffins!

way to enforce a stereotype Kophead. You're a credit to your "people"

yeah reading's for steers and queers. Nobody got no where from reading. Boffins!

way to enforce a stereotype Kophead. You're a credit to your "people"

Clarksons a tw*t he's a tory ffs.

You'll be telling us he's into cars next.

Clarkson knows jack shit about cars mate. The producers write the show Clarkson and his henceman just act your typical blokes. The truth is Clarkson, May and Hammond a buch of toffs that went to public school. James May a polo player ffs. Even Clarkson said "I can just about change a tyre engines are like dutch to me"

Edited by kophead

Can't read his Sunday Times pieces without doing it in his voice, complete with 'dramatic' pauses btw. Makes them almost entertaining.