*OWEN ARRIVES IN NEWCASTLE FOR TALKS**

Optimistic Nut

Looks like Delaval Hall to me that does.

21875[/snapback]

Looks like the big hotel/ conference place up at Morpeth, wherever it is, it must have a golf course otherwise Shearer wouldnt be there. :D

21879[/snapback]

Longhirst Hall?

CBH107c01rgblo.jpg

Edited by Geordiesned

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon behind closed doors the foundations are already being put in place for Shearer to take over. The fact that he was at the meeting, is in a coaching role, has 1 season left all hints that this might be the situation. It doesnt have to be ideal for any of us fans - it ties in nicely with FFs decision to have a Geordie manager at the helm. If this is the case, then i hope to god that he is semi successful because anything less would result in his god like status being removed.

21833[/snapback]

Only people without a brain consider him a "god"

To me he is just a journeyman centre-forward who couldn't hit a cows arse with a handful of rice.

21836[/snapback]

Sima, a bitter Scot perchance? You surely cant be serious?

Edited by NewJerseyMag

21897[/snapback]

Deadly serious.

He's not a Premiership forward anymore. He's ineffective every time he walks out onto the pitch pocketed by even average defenders nowadays.

I see he is 5/1 not to beat Milburn's record, not a bad bet. Mind you not as good as the 16/1 you can get for us to get relegated.

I reckon behind closed doors the foundations are already being put in place for Shearer to take over. The fact that he was at the meeting, is in a coaching role, has 1 season left all hints that this might be the situation. It doesnt have to be ideal for any of us fans - it ties in nicely with FFs decision to have a Geordie manager at the helm. If this is the case, then i hope to god that he is semi successful because anything less would result in his god like status being removed.

21833[/snapback]

To me he is just a journeyman centre-forward who couldn't hit a cows arse with a handful of rice.

21836[/snapback]

21897[/snapback]

Even if he was a Scot what would he have to be bitter about?? :D

21897[/snapback]

Deadly serious.

He's not a Premiership forward anymore. He's ineffective every time he walks out onto the pitch pocketed by even average defenders nowadays.

I see he is 5/1 not to beat Milburn's record, not a bad bet. Mind you not as good as the 16/1 you can get for us to get relegated.

21906[/snapback]

I agree about anymore, but that was only since half way thru last season. I remember similar declines in Beardsley and Bob Lee. Legs just suddenly went in a matter of months.... before that Shearer was 20+ goals every year for 10 years, hardly average.

21833[/snapback]

21836[/snapback]

21897[/snapback]

21910[/snapback]

A blind hatred of anything English, perhaps? I'm half Scottish so I've seen it from my relatives!!! Why else would someone describe Shearer as that, when its clearly bollocks.

Edited by NewJerseyMag

Both BBC and SKY Sports websites have rephrased their headlines regarding Owen, before they both refered to Owen having talks with Newcastle, now they refer to having talks with Liverpool also today, and BBC say this:

Owen favours a move to Liverpool, but the club only want to pay a similar fee to the £8m Madrid paid for him.

Newcastle have already agreed a £17m fee with Real, but a return to Anfield seems more likely in the next 24 hours.

21833[/snapback]

21836[/snapback]

21897[/snapback]

21910[/snapback]

A blind hatred of anything English, perhaps? I'm half Scottish so I've seen it from my relatives!!!

21914[/snapback]

Its been a while since we have had a Scottish generalisation on here..... :D

I agree about anymore, but that was only since half way thru last season. I remember similar declines in Beardsley and Bob Lee. Legs just suddenly went in a matter of months.... before that Shearer was 20+ goals every year for 10 years, hardly average.

21912[/snapback]

Halfway through last season? he's been garbage for at least a season and a half now mate.

Edited by Sima

21897[/snapback]

Deadly serious.

21906[/snapback]

And Milburn *god rest his soul* cant hit a ball like he used to but hes still a Geordie hero. Regardless of Shearers current plight he will always be one of the greats for us.

21897[/snapback]

Deadly serious.

21906[/snapback]

And Milburn *god rest his soul* cant hit a ball like he used to but hes still a Geordie hero. Regardless of Shearers current plight he will always be one of the greats for us.

21919[/snapback]

Where is that in doubt? All I have said is that he is useless now.

From the official club website:

Talks Held With Owen

ENGLAND striker Michael Owen held talks with Newcastle United on Monday about a move to St. James' Park.

Owen and his representatives met up with a delegation from United at a Northumberland hotel on Monday afternoon.

Real Madrid accepted a club record offer from Newcastle last week, and it is now up to the player to decide where his future lies.

Where is that in doubt?  All I have said is that he is useless now.

21920[/snapback]

I think it was this line that gave it away...

21935[/snapback]

Ah but that second comment was blatantly at dig at all English people what with Sima being Scottish you know... :D

Both BBC and SKY Sports websites have rephrased their headlines regarding Owen, before they both refered to Owen having talks with Newcastle, now they refer to having talks with Liverpool also today, and BBC say this:

Owen favours a move to Liverpool, but the club only want to pay a similar fee to the £8m Madrid paid for him.

Newcastle have already agreed a £17m fee with Real, but a return to Anfield seems more likely in the next 24 hours.

21915[/snapback]

No way will Real sell him to Liverpool for that much when he's clearly showed an interest in joining us by holding talks, if he'd refused to talk to us and said "Liverpool or i'm staying" then maybe but not now.

My source reliably informs me that talks were set to continue, despite going on for 4 to 5 hours, until Chairman Freddie Shepherd announced, 'Fuck this, I'm bastard starving'.

The meeting was then adjourned.

21947[/snapback]

Did he manage to get to Greggs before closing time?

My source reliably informs me that talks were set to continue, despite going on for 4 to 5 hours, until Chairman Freddie Shepherd announced, 'Fuck this, I'm bastard starving'.

The meeting was then adjourned.

21947[/snapback]

:D