SJP statue for Shearer

nufc4ever

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine if Big Al does take over as Manager at some point, and we get relegated. Will they take it down? Seems a bit soon.

For what he did for us whilst a player I think not :D

Although I agree it is a tad early

Imagine if Big Al does take over as Manager at some point, and we get relegated. Will they take it down? Seems a bit soon.

You just need to look at Souness and Liverpool/ Hoddle and Spurs to see how being a great player but a poor manager can turn feelings sour.

A tad early??

It's about 50 fucking years too early - completely missing the plot and typical of Shepherd being out of touch as per usual.

When's the statues for the other 'greats' going up then Fred? Gallacher?? MacDonald??, Harvey??

Making us look like a laughing stock tbh - and how many Milburn statues do we need? Why not just move the one from St James Boulevard back to where it should actually be??

As everyone said it is probably a bit early for Shearer's statute outside SJP. Although it was going to happen eventually but about 20-30 years down the track would be better. Normally these things go up when people are elderly or dead dont they?

What a silly idea. Statues are for dead people.

Taxidermy?

It is a stupid idea though. Makes Shepherd the biggest bumlicker on the planet as well. "Alan. Look what I've done for you Alan. I did that for you Alan. You look lush in stone Alan."

You just need to look at Souness and Liverpool/ Hoddle and Spurs to see how being a great player but a poor manager can turn feelings sour.

Fickle fans, as we all are I suppoe, but aye, youre right!

Saddam%20statue%20falls%20-%20Reuters.JPG

tbh

Got the goalscoring celebration right. Could use it to cast a mould if it's just in some Baghdad scrap yard somewhere.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~981651,00.html

Good idea on Milburn. Shearer one is about 15 years too early imo.

pile of bollocks. I hated that flag/poster they put up at the Gallowgate at the end of last season. Its a team game and Shearer should not have been treated any better than other vital members of the team, great as he was.

Like some have said. If he becomes manager and is a disaster, what then ? Piss off. :D

and it only puts more pressure on future players wearing the number 9 shirt, of which the mythical status that surrounds it is a pile of bollocks too.

pile of bollocks. I hated that flag/poster they put up at the Gallowgate at the end of last season. Its a team game and Shearer should not have been treated any better than other vital members of the team, great as he was.

Like some have said. If he becomes manager and is a disaster, what then ? Piss off. :D

and it only puts more pressure on future players wearing the number 9 shirt, of which the mythical status that surrounds it is a pile of bollocks too.

Shepherd Out?

Shepherd Out?

5th best statue in the league tbh.

Shepherd Out?

to be replaced by me ?