Why So Negative?

wykikitoon

Last night we played some really good football at last! Duff was great, Martins was Nobby was etc etc

We let in two goals but we had potential to score a couple more ourselves too!

I have spoken to a few lads here at work and its like we have let in four, why? We are winning and we are one foot in the next round. We have to go to AZ next week and think like its 0-0 thats it

Come on guys!! We are WINNING!

I think if we had went 2-0 down and then won 4-2 I think the overall feel would be a lot different.

I thought we played really well and it was an excellent result.

Well said, I feel very positive following last night's result and performance, there were many plus points, but having supported Newcastle for this long, you know its never a forgone conculsion, had we won 4-0 lastnight it would be a different matter, but the truth is AZ have a strong foothold in the match thanks to their 2 away goals.

Well said, I feel very positive following last night's result and performance, there were many plus points, but having supported Newcastle for this long, you know its never a forgone conculsion, had we won 4-0 lastnight it would be a different matter, but the truth is AZ have a strong foothold in the match thanks to their 2 away goals.

Aye I think that is probabley it, its not over until its over with us and we are starting to get ingrained with negativity!

We might have caught them on a off night, but from what they'd been touted as, I wasn't impressed with them.

I reckon we'll be alright, but Newcastle being Newcastle we'll probably make it more complicated than it really should be.

Kayserispor (h) won 3-2

Kayserispor (a) drew 1-1

Braga (h) won 3-2

Grasshoppers (a) won 5-2

Liberec (h) drew 2-2

Sevilla (a) won 2-1

Fenerbahce (a) drew 3-3

Fenerbahce (h) drew 2-2

Newcastle (a) lost 2-4

AZ's games at AZ in UEFA this year. Conceded 8 goals in 4 games. We are going to the Quarters.

I love the fact everyone now talks down the opposition we have played on our way through the competition. When the draw was made most thought we were out on our arse and labelled our section as the "Group of Death".

Edited by Scottish Mag

I love the fact everyone now talks down the opposition we have played on our way through the competition. When the draw was made most thought we were out on our arse and labelled our section as the "Group of Death".

Aye

I thought that, Celta & Fenerbache I thought they were both hidings, yet we meet AZ who yes have played well in their league and domestic cups (from reports) but on evidence last night are more than beatable.

Their keeper is mad and their back four make ours look solid!

I don't think it is real negativity. If you look at the predictions most people will be pleasantly surprised. As I said directly after the game, a two goal margin is a good starting position and we are clear favourites now. But we are far from through and AZ do have still everything to play for. They only need a 2-0 win. Let them score early and will become a very nervous encounter. That's why their second goal hurts so much and diminishes the positive feeling. But the first half showed what the team is capable of. I want more of it.

Someone did say in the match thread that AZ were slight favourites after that result. I think thats the sort of negativity that is being lamented. AZ being favourites to go through is 1. Not what a single bookmaker in the world thinks and 2. Is retarded negativity. Of course its possible but what is probable given their home record in europe against inferior teams, is that they will concede.

Someone did say in the match thread that AZ were slight favourites after that result. I think thats the sort of negativity that is being lamented. AZ being favourites to go through is 1. Not what a single bookmaker in the world thinks and 2. Is retarded negativity. Of course its possible but what is probable given their home record in europe against inferior teams, is that they will concede.

Ok, I didn't read this. That's of course moronic.

I am optimistic, but still slightly worried. I thought chances were 50/50 ahead of yesterdays game, but now something like 70/30. I can't the fear of a Lisbon feeling out of my head, although this time we don't have a tosser in charge feeling the need of falling out with one of his better performers for absolutely nothing.

:icon_lol:

I was only dissapointed with the penalty. If we'd gone there 4-1 up then it would be tie over. 4-2 makes me nervous for two reasons.

1) We ALWAYS find a way to cock things up.

2) Roeder said he wants us to defend and counter meaning it's going to be painful and heart in mouth stuff. Plus, we're crap at it. We're much better having a go at teams, like last night.

Ok, I didn't read this. That's of course moronic.

I am optimistic, but still slightly worried. I thought chances were 50/50 ahead of yesterdays game, but now something like 70/30. I can't the fear of a Lisbon feeling out of my head, although this time we don't have a tosser in charge feeling the need of falling out with one of his better performers for absolutely nothing.

Agree with that assessment.

We might have caught them on a off night, but from what they'd been touted as, I wasn't impressed with them.

I reckon we'll be alright, but Newcastle being Newcastle we'll probably make it more complicated than it really should be.

We already have to be fair, whether it was a penalty or not is debatable, but the real issue IMO was how they scored it.

4-1 would have been not problem, but 4-2 makes it iffy, 2-0 to them isn't impossbile even if we played them off the park.

They'll stick to form and overplay at the back. They're crap when pressed high up the field. If we start defending deep it will be a difficult time for us.

Still, they've got more to fear from us than we have of them i reckon, the players just have go out with that attitude.

Well I've just applied for UEFA Cup final tickets, so I'm obviously not that negative B)

Jinxed us !

I was only dissapointed with the penalty. If we'd gone there 4-1 up then it would be tie over. 4-2 makes me nervous for two reasons.

1) We ALWAYS find a way to cock things up.

2) Roeder said he wants us to defend and counter meaning it's going to be painful and heart in mouth stuff. Plus, we're crap at it. We're much better having a go at teams, like last night.

This is my worry. Roeder returning to the long ball. When we kept the ball on the ground like Nobby advised in the paper we were awesome. But when Rodders made us play hump ball we were shit again.