Top Posters In This Topic

still shit i see

you missed out on a great few days at the final

european finals are fuckin boss

but you'll never know

But at least no fans died in the process, eh <_<

no but your fucking shite team has been dead for fuckin years

bit like your support really <_<

That's not even worth me chomping tbh. Try again, put a bit of thought into it next time junior.

Conceding that second goal last week was what cost us, but having said that, we were still in a good position. Over the last week, pretty much everyone I've talked to about the game has been saying its a good lead, but it's by no means over, its very possible they could win 2-0 and go through.

Now presumably if we all knew this, then they did, so how the f*ck did they come up with that? We've known/been told how tough and how attacking they are when they're at home. So surely the most important thing was to make damned sure we got in an away goal. But no, very timid attacking wise until late on in the second half, when its a bit bloody late. You can't sit back against such an attacking team like AZ, even with a solid mistake. I've been of the opinion that Bramble, generally has been playing pretty well since he's been back in the team, but the old Titus came flooding back tonight. Taylor was more careless than complete sh!t, and I think you can say about him that he's a decent defender in the making, but still young and making the mistakes young players do - saying that, he was flailing his arms about at times, and that challenge he made in the first half - someone should have had a word with him, just to say cut it out/calm down.

People are getting their knives out for Roeder - I haven't, but with displays like tonight, I can understand why, as I'm not sure what the plan was there at all. Or perhaps there was and the players just decided to ignore it.

still shit i see

but you'll never know

Inaccurate, not unlike your crime statistics. Shouldnt you be out sticking a pick axe through someones head in that lovely city of yours?

A few thoughts.

Van Gaal is an utter fucking mong. I wish someone would take his ridiculous briefcase and shove it up his dirty Dutch rectum.

I haven't felt this pissed off since Lisbon. We were fucking abysmal from start to finish, we created fuck all apart from Dyer's chance from the free-kick and Martins one-on-one at the death. Sibierski shouldn't be given a new contract, full stop. Huntington was out of his depth, but you can't blame him for that. I blame our so-called first-choice left-back, a poor excuse of a footballer who couldn't even be arsed to declare himself fit for what was the most important game of the season.

Oh, and Roeder, maybe pumping up long balls for 90 minutes isn't much of a game plan at all.

I've been of the opinion that Bramble, generally has been playing pretty well since he's been back in the team, but the old Titus came flooding back tonight. Taylor was more careless than complete sh!t, and I think you can say about him that he's a decent defender in the making, but still young and making the mistakes young players do - saying that, he was flailing his arms about at times, and that challenge he made in the first half - someone should have had a word with him, just to say cut it out/calm down.

Dunno about a decent defender in the making but at times he certainly plays like he could be the new Titus..

still shit i see

but you'll never know

That's not even worth me chomping tbh. Try again, put a bit of thought into it next time junior.

He should come up with last year's insult then, they might still work...

Conceding that second goal last week was what cost us, but having said that, we were still in a good position. Over the last week, pretty much everyone I've talked to about the game has been saying its a good lead, but it's by no means over, its very possible they could win 2-0 and go through.

Now presumably if we all knew this, then they did, so how the f*ck did they come up with that? We've known/been told how tough and how attacking they are when they're at home. So surely the most important thing was to make damned sure we got in an away goal. But no, very timid attacking wise until late on in the second half, when its a bit bloody late. You can't sit back against such an attacking team like AZ, even with a solid mistake. I've been of the opinion that Bramble, generally has been playing pretty well since he's been back in the team, but the old Titus came flooding back tonight. Taylor was more careless than complete sh!t, and I think you can say about him that he's a decent defender in the making, but still young and making the mistakes young players do - saying that, he was flailing his arms about at times, and that challenge he made in the first half - someone should have had a word with him, just to say cut it out/calm down.

People are getting their knives out for Roeder - I haven't, but with displays like tonight, I can understand why, as I'm not sure what the plan was there at all. Or perhaps there was and the players just decided to ignore it.

The absolute MAIN thing about these games is that you have to play with the STATE OF MIND that it is still 0-0. As old pro's tirelessley say after the first leg...''It's only half time''. That is the kind of mentality and preparedness it takes. For your manager to then come out with guff like we only need a nil - nil or we don't need to score sets the players totally on the wrong wavelength. Our leader is a rank amateaur.

The absolute MAIN thing about these games is that you have to play with the STATE OF MIND that it is still 0-0. As old pro's tirelessley say after the first leg...''It's only half time''. That is the kind of mentality and preparedness it takes. For your manager to then come out with guff like we only need a nil - nil or we don't need to score sets the players totally on the wrong wavelength. Our leader is a rank amateaur.

Spot on, thats the massive problem with us IMO, our mentality in games.

Huntington was out of his depth, but you can't blame him for that. I blame our so-called first-choice left-back, a poor excuse of a footballer who couldn't even be arsed to declare himself fit for what was the most important game of the season.

Babayaros constant injuries (including that illness Icantbearsedis) we were all aware of of going into the season. How the fuck Roeder never attempted to do anything about it in the summer is a complete mystery. And the same can be said about Carr, Bramble and Moore.

Goodfellas has just started on 4 if you're interested. <_<

Exactly

A few thoughts.

Van Gaal is an utter fucking mong. I wish someone would take his ridiculous briefcase and shove it up his dirty Dutch rectum.

I'd take his ridiculous briefcase and fill it with pound notes tbh. His arrogance is annoying, but he at least knows how to get some style into teams. He taught Roeder more than one lesson about football managment tonight ...

A few thoughts.

I'd take his ridiculous briefcase and fill it with pound notes tbh. His arrogance is annoying, but he at least knows how to get some style into teams. He taught Roeder more than one lesson about football managment tonight ...

tBH as managers goes he's not in a different league he's in a different universe to Roeder.

I've nothing against Roeder as a person, he hasn't used injuries as an excuse and seems a fairly modest guy but tonight showed that he is nothing but a mid-level manager. As much as people are pissed of with Van Gaal's celebrations tonight he is a top class European manager, he's a winner, something Glenn is not.

If we've any aspirations to be a CL club once again then Freddy has to start looking for a new manager now to take over in the summer and tell Glenn thanks for your efforts but its just not good enough. His inabilities tonight to make changes showed him up for what he really is and his lack of "planning" in the summer to find a decent left back has been evident all season and tonight was shown to be a huge mistake coupled with the failure once again to sort out our defence to play at a consistent level.

If we are to progress as a club, as all clubs should "plan" to do we need a change of management and a big clear out of our average players who aren't good enough for the first team. Tonight we were up a better prepared and more able team and the difference was clear, last week was a freak result and lured Roeder into a falso sense of security but sadly he isn't good enough to manage NUFC and its time Shepherd realised this.

A few thoughts.

tBH as managers goes he's not in a different league he's in a different universe to Roeder.

Well, he is a football manager, so that probably prohibits comparisons with Roeder. I mean you wouldn't compare a vet with a dog walker.

Unfortunately I fear we are slipping away from the position were we can rely on paying big money and an expectation of playing in Europe to attract good players who play at or below their ability. We are losing ground and credibility and we need a manager who can actually get players playing as a team that is more than the sum of the parts. We seem to have less money to spend so we should put it into a really good manager

A few thoughts.

Well, he is a football manager, so that probably prohibits comparisons with Roeder. I mean you wouldn't compare a vet with a dog walker.

Aye.

Goodfellas has just started on 4 if you're interested. <_<

Na, I've got it on DVD and just watched it last week as it happens. Too soon to watch it again.

FUCKIN BOLLOCKS!

Ye kna, sometimes, just sometimes, I hope my pessimism is just total shite based on looking too much at the past. Tonight though we got what we deserved basically. We all predicted that going for a 0-0 was a mistake.

Roeder - nice guy, not the man to take us forward. I don't personally blame Huntington for anything, but if we'd actually invested in a left full back like we knew we had to in either the summer or January then we might not have been knocked out tonight. Would a could a should a.

Pah. <_<

Edited by sweetleftpeg

God, where do you start? I thought going out was a distinct possibilty but I didn't expect to go out with a whimper like that. About 3-4 players at least were culpable for the first goal and the way Bramble lost the lad he was marking for the second goal was pretty shocking too. Also, we never passed the ball well all match. On top of that, we rode our luck all night, with the ref not seeing Taylor's elbow, bizarrely not giving the penalty against Huntingdon, us clearing the ball off the line more than once, them hitting the bar and missing numerous chances. The only thing that went against us was Parker's disallowed goal. We still had three clear cut chances that could have took us through though. The one postive was hearing Roeder this morning on the radio pretty much admitting our defence isn't good enough. With that in mind (and I'm not just basing this on last night) it will be a disgrace if Bramble gets a new contract.

Edit: Btw - Don't like to blame Roeder too much as the individual errors aren't down to him but giving N'Zogbia 5 minutes? What was the point in that?

Edited by alex