New shirt: Strip tease

Jimbo

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we ever going to see this strip?

Have you not bothered to read the thread you knacker? :blink:

Our away kits are traditionally unveiled towards the end of June (strip-tease seems the way they like to go these days..) and generally go on sale from the end of July...

Also our home strip is made out of shite material not the good stuff that Real Madrid and Chelsea get, in fact it's probably got the worst material in the prem and that fucking sponsor logo is horrid it's like a throwback to the felt block prints you used to get on strips years ago I've still got one with Ruel Fox on the back horrid. I really hope adidas get their act together for our next one.

Can hardly blame adidas for the sponsorship logo - they produce the shirt, what goes on it is decided by the club and northern rock. Many complaints about the previous gold one so it's hardly surprising they went for something like this with the current shirt.

As for our material not being as good as that of Chelsea or Real Madrid - again that's down to the club. adidas will make a number of shirt designs and the club will chose the one it wants. Aren't ALL adidas shirts made from climacool these days though? :blink:

Also our home strip is made out of shite material not the good stuff that Real Madrid and Chelsea get, in fact it's probably got the worst material in the prem and that fucking sponsor logo is horrid it's like a throwback to the felt block prints you used to get on strips years ago I've still got one with Ruel Fox on the back horrid. I really hope adidas get their act together for our next one.

Can hardly blame adidas for the sponsorship logo - they produce the shirt, what goes on it is decided by the club and northern rock. Many complaints about the previous gold one so it's hardly surprising they went for something like this with the current shirt.

As for our material not being as good as that of Chelsea or Real Madrid - again that's down to the club. adidas will make a number of shirt designs and the club will chose the one it wants. Aren't ALL adidas shirts made from climacool these days though? :blink:

Aye I know the logo wasn't adidas' fault it was just written badly the getting the act together bit should have came after the bit about material, point still stands though it is an awful old fashioned way to put on a sponsors logo. I wasn't sure how it was done poor decision by the club tbh I think they are all climacool but the home shirts material just doesn't feel as comfortable as the material for our away strip maybe it's just me.

Edited by Barton7

I must admit that I like the current one better than the last one. Those iron-on stripes on the shoulders annoyed the hell out of me.

Agreed.

The only thing I don't like is the blue trim on the collar.

I hate the current jersey. The sponsor looks fucking awful, as mentioned in this thread. Also collars look terrible on footy kits.

Hopefully the next effort will be a lot better than the current one.

I must admit that I like the current one better than the last one. Those iron-on stripes on the shoulders annoyed the hell out of me.

Agreed.

yup ... although the ones on the '04-05 two tone blue striped shirt were worse though, they actually started falling off on mine lol

Strip stuff

There's no change to our home strip for the coming season, but inevitably not one but two new change kits will be released at some point - dates tbc.

The "away" kit is a purple colour (maroon by some descriptions), while the "cup" kit is silver.

.com