Gooch Onyewu, keep him on or get rid ?

Jimbo

Keep Gooch or not ?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The whole trial thing has been a waste of time as he's been playing in a bad team for a bad manager in a constantly changing back 4. I have no idea whether he's any good or not, and I doubt Roeder does either, and under those circumstances, you can't give him a contract.

if he was better than what we have he'd surely have stood out? As of yet he's not and has looked shaky and fragile just like the rest of them.

For a decent price (< 2m) I would take the risk if he can sort of prove himself until the end of the season. He had an awful start yesterday with some suicidal sloppy passes, but got better into the game later. If we're hopefully getting rid of Bramble and Moore he should at least make an acceptable back up player for Taylor and some good leader.

When we first got him over here man, and Roeder's brainwave was to drop Taylor and play him alongside Bramble. Fucking brilliant, Glenn. So not only are you asking him to prove he's a good defender, which is all but impossible at NUFC anyway, you're asking him to do so playing alongside the world's first surviving brain donor. Jesus wept!

Get rid and pull out all the stops to bring Woodgate in instead.

Aye no comparrison to the likes of Woodgate, maybe not even to the likes of Wes Brown tbh.

Made a couple of suicidle passes on Saturday as well when he came on, one of them was especially awful. I'm not convinced personally, I just think he'll give us exactly the same problems Bramble has.

Possibly, but as I have given up hope on Bramble ever being able to learn cutting out the mistakes (at least as long as wearing a black&white shirt), I would give Onyewu the benefit of the doubt. The thing is that we probably cannot afford to lose three central defenders as there is likely to be only money to sign one really good one. And as said from the choice between Bramble, Moore and Onyewu I would opt for the latter.

Edited by Isegrim

He's out of contract in the summer isn't he? if so sign him for back up, and get rid of Bramble.

Nope one of the conditions of him signing for us on loan was him signing a one year extension so he couldn't just come here then walk on a freebie.

Not sure about him at all. If he was available for next to nowt then I'd say go for it.

I hope he leaves. He'll get better development as a player elsewhere. NUFC needs someone who has already developed as we're hopeless in bringning along a defensive talent.

Get rid and pull out all the stops to bring Woodgate in instead.

Aye no comparrison to the likes of Woodgate, maybe not even to the likes of Wes Brown tbh.

Would love to see Woody back at the toon he was always solid and great at marshalling the back four but do you think he,ll leave Boro his boyhood team..? I thought Moore was off back to OZ at the end of the season anyway..?

Bramble...who,s gonna buy him off us..?

I hope he leaves. He'll get better development as a player elsewhere. NUFC needs someone who has already developed as we're hopeless in bringning along a defensive talent.

This isn't some 17 yearold fledgling talent Zath, the "kid" is nearly 25, he's either good enough or he isn't.

I just dont think he is what we need. I dont see him as being better than Bramble really. We do need a new centre half though. Someone more clinical though. Someone who is loud as well.

He's been expected to hit the ground running, which might be unfair to any new player to the Premiership, and Roeder's team selection hasn't helped him one bit, I'm not convinced either way, but I'll be pissed off if he stays in the Premiership with another club and is a sucess.

Get shot of him!

you can just tell looking at him he aint gonna be what we are looking for,another Boumsong and Bramble rolled into one imo,looks clumsy and indesisive

never liked him