Breaking news: Sir John Hall sells his share

Jimbo

Never mind a sumo fight, I think they should have an all you can eat contest. We'll make it Lau's Buffet King, Pay per view, Girls Aloud wander round in bikinis wiping their mouths and telling us which round it is.

Definitely pay-per-view then. :D

Never mind a sumo fight, I think they should have an all you can eat contest. We'll make it Lau's Buffet King, Pay per view, Girls Aloud wander round in bikinis wiping their mouths and telling us which round it is.

Rod Stewart can sing as part of the pre-festivities entertainment.

tickets still available at www.nufc.co.uk

:D

Edited by Barney

Is this Mike Ashley a porker as well then? In my [limited] experience, fatties make shit chairmen.

puts me to shame tbh :D

Guest alex

Is this Mike Ashley a porker as well then? In my [limited] experience, fatties make shit chairmen.

In your lass's experience they make shit lovers :D

From the business pages of the Daily Telegraph:

Mike Ashley, Big Sam and Roy of the Rovers

# Mike Ashley makes bid for Newcastle

Saturday morning always meant Roy of the Rovers. Saturday afternoon always meant the wind-swept terracing of Burnden Park. By teatime I was ready to delve back into the tales of Melchester Rovers, an alternative reality to yet another promotion disappointment.

But even a nine-year-old would struggle to swallow the storyline that unfolded yesterday. Billionaire shopkeeper Mike Ashley launches £133m takeover bid for Newcastle United.

Obviously he's decided that Sam Allardyce, the ex-Bolton manager snatched the other week to be Newcastle's new boss, is worth backing. Absolutely right, of course. But while investing in Big Sam's coaching prowess makes sense, there's plenty about this deal that doesn't.

Ashley has just floated his Sports Direct retail empire, cashing in more than £900m in the process, but insisting he won't have any kind of public profile. So why launch a bid for one of the highest-profile football clubs money can buy? That reveals a worrying contradiction in his character. Is he a lifelong Magpies fan? No. A Geordie? No.

Perhaps he thinks he can make money. Presumably he hasn't consulted Roman Abramovich. True, some football clubs do make money. Manchester United stands out, but is very much the exception to the rule. Being the owner of Newcastle United risks alienating the fans of every other club who use your many stores to buy their replica kits. Maybe he has more money than sense, and with his Sports Direct-related wealth standing at £1.8bn, this is entirely possible. One rational explanation is that he's planning to flip his investment, selling it on quickly having made a decent return. He may even have a list of potential buyers in mind. Either way you couldn't make this one up, even in Roy of the Rovers.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

If the Halls have really done all this behind Freddy's back then I can understand him being a wee bit pissed off.

And yet i can't help but find it hilarious!

If the fat fucker really ever meant any of his stuff about how he loves this club and wants what's best for it then he would sell up straight away and get the whole business sorted as soon a spossible so that the club is stable and ready to go for the coming season.

This bloke is going to takeover one way or another if thats what he wants, so Fat Fred can accept it and do everything possible for the benefit of the club and its fans, or dig his heels in and disrupt everything like a twat and cause us loads of problems. Wonder which one he'll go for...

Its fringhtenign to think not that long ago we were on our arse and all depressed, yet in no time we could be looking at a new manager with the ability to run a football club properly and leadership at the very top who know what they're doing! If we could get rid of Anal Oliver as well it would be the greatest hatrick in football history!

If the Halls have really done all this behind Freddy's back then I can understand him being a wee bit pissed off.

And yet i can't help but find it hilarious!

If the fat fucker really ever meant any of his stuff about how he loves this club and wants what's best for it then he would sell up straight away and get the whole business sorted as soon a spossible so that the club is stable and ready to go for the coming season.

This bloke is going to takeover one way or another if thats what he wants, so Fat Fred can accept it and do everything possible for the benefit of the club and its fans, or dig his heels in and disrupt everything like a twat and cause us loads of problems. Wonder which one he'll go for...

Its fringhtenign to think not that long ago we were on our arse and all depressed, yet in no time we could be looking at a new manager with the ability to run a football club properly and leadership at the very top who know what they're doing! If we could get rid of Anal Oliver as well it would be the greatest hatrick in football history!

That would rival ManUre's 1999 treble !

Leazes has said on NO that "selling is not an option" when asked about his shares. :D

*sings* Stand by yourrrr maaaaaan

I bought three lots at the issue, so I reckon my "where do I sign and can I do it yesterday" stance will negate Leazes' show of love for the incumbent twat

Out of interest, what do we, the fans who have shares do? Do we get sent something in the post to buy our shares or something, i don't know how it works?

Just the quicker he goes for the fans shares the better as he'll get pretty much all of them straight away i imagine and i read somewhere the fans amount to about 8% or similar?

Or would he go after the bigger shareholders first and try and sort everything out there, and then pick up the fans shares as and when needed?

Out of interest, what do we, the fans who have shares do? Do we get sent something in the post to buy our shares or something, i don't know how it works?

Just the quicker he goes for the fans shares the better as he'll get pretty much all of them straight away i imagine and i read somewhere the fans amount to about 8% or similar?

Or would he go after the bigger shareholders first and try and sort everything out there, and then pick up the fans shares as and when needed?

Just don't sell them to Shepherd !

Well they said on Talksport last night that AXA (and another company) had a healthy share of the club and that if there's a sniff that they club will be bought, they'll definitely sell.

Shepherd is going to be left pissing in the wind with no power if he digs his heels in - apart from being the epitome of arrogance, there's no other point to him holding on...

Well they said on Talksport last night that AXA (and another company) had a healthy share of the club and that if there's a sniff that they club will be bought, they'll definitely sell.

Shepherd is going to be left pissing in the wind with no power if he digs his heels in - apart from being the epitome of arrogance, there's no other point to him holding on...

I heard that too, I'm not sure what kind of quantities of shares they have but I would hope that those shares plus those that are on the open market should allow Ashley to get the 51% he needs, you would think the quantity on the open market should be growing following the sudden hike in price following yesterdays news.

Do ntl still have shares? Does ntl still exist?

Owned by virgin now, aren't they??

* Isn't about time you updated your sig and avatar? That was the last time we changed manager :D

Hope thats the case and that he can get the 51% as soon as possible!

And i agree there would be absolutely no logical or positive reason for Fat Fred to stay on and cause big delays and problems to what we want to be a smooth and quick process, other than him being a prick!

If freddie has 29% and he has already bought 41% simple maths would state there would be 30% floating around to be bought other than freddies...... so getting 51% should not be a problem should it