Alan Smith?!

Baggio

Can't believe people are comparing Ameobi to Smith, there's no comparison and thats with smith being out injured and playing out of position for god knows how long.

If BS gets rid Shola he'll get a big thumbs up from me as imo thats the club planning for the future and moving forward, ameobi's had it to easy to long

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're going to play with three front men as has been widely reported/guessed, wouldn't we need five decent strikers/front men as opposed to the normal four for two up front formations?

I'd have thought that attack minded wingers could count as people who could play in one of the 3 forward positions in this formation, so Duff Zog and Dyer would probably be regarded as backup.

I always thought Smith was pretty handy. I seem to remember some pretty nice passing on him.

Yep, great vision and passing. I'm more than happy about this if it's true. Remember, I broke the news a few years ago anyway B)

I always thought Smith was pretty handy. I seem to remember some pretty nice passing on him.

Yep, great vision and passing. I'm more than happy about this if it's true. Remember, I broke the news a few years ago anyway B)

Yeah, I remember, still awaiting Mr Malbranque too.

Yeah, I remember, still awaiting Mr Malbranque too.

B)

Please please, no no..... I'd rather have a fit and confident Shola in the side than Alan Smith. Clearly past his best, and he was never ever profilic for Leeds anyhow. He isn't the past passer of the ball either nor is he the strongest, quickest, or best in the air....gives away many fouls also...

Please please, no no..... I'd rather have a fit and confident Shola in the side than Alan Smith. Clearly past his best, and he was never ever profilic for Leeds anyhow. He isn't the past passer of the ball either nor is he the strongest, quickest, or best in the air....gives away many fouls also...

you must have dodgy eyes even when he is fit ameobi is shite for someone who is over six feet he cant jump ( how many goals has he ever scored with his head ) come to think of it how many goals has he scored he has been getting money for nothing for the last three or four years...........get rid of him give the mackems a million quid to take him off of us.that shows you how bad the toon were last year when everybody was talking of ameobi being our saviour.... the mans a plank big time charlie that doesnt deliver wot must shearer be thinking talking of confidence he.s never had any,, he is the same every week 100% shite B)

you must have dodgy eyes even when he is fit ameobi is shite for someone who is over six feet he cant jump ( how many goals has he ever scored with his head ) come to think of it how many goals has he scored he has been getting money for nothing for the last three or four years...........get rid of him give the mackems a million quid to take him off of us.that shows you how bad the toon were last year when everybody was talking of ameobi being our saviour.... the mans a plank big time charlie that doesnt deliver wot must shearer be thinking talking of confidence he.s never had any,, he is the same every week 100% shite B)

If it wasn't for his almost 1:2 goal ratio in the past few months of 05/06 we wouldn't have made Europe (we also wouldn't have had Roeder as the next manager but that's another story!). When he is in the mood and fit he is a terrific player, (Barcelona game anyone?). Remember he was injured for almost 2 years with that hip problem, try jumping with prem defenders with a dodgy hip . Also, look who we've got in charge now, Big Sam. He turned Kevin bleeding Davies into a threatening front man, imagine what he could do with Shola. I have a feeling he is gonna surprise a few of you this season and if he stays fit Viduka is not a definite starter. Remember Didier Drogba was far from a prolific goalscorer until he was 26+, look at his record before this....

If it wasn't for his almost 1:2 goal ratio in the past few months of 05/06 we wouldn't have made Europe (we also wouldn't have had Roeder as the next manager but that's another story!). When he is in the mood and fit he is a terrific player, (Barcelona game anyone?). Remember he was injured for almost 2 years with that hip problem, try jumping with prem defenders with a dodgy hip . Also, look who we've got in charge now, Big Sam. He turned Kevin bleeding Davies into a threatening front man, imagine what he could do with Shola. I have a feeling he is gonna surprise a few of you this season and if he stays fit Viduka is not a definite starter. Remember Didier Drogba was far from a prolific goalscorer until he was 26+, look at his record before this....

Unless Ameobi has someone elses brain and body implanted onto him this just ain't gonna happen, i would love to be wrong though but i can't see it tbh

You're taking the piss, aren't you? :huh:

You're taking the piss, aren't you? :huh:

Sadly not haha, I used to be strongly Anti-Ameobi until he started scoring when Big Al was injured at the end of 05/06. It's unfortunate for him that he couldn't carry that form into a pre-season and then the start of 06/07 without that niggling hip injury which by the sounds of it was a fairly heinous ordeal. Now that he has bulked up a bit, fit again, and in the hands of Big Sam's men I seriously reckon something could be made of him, without having to spend 6 mill on Alan Smith or whatever the smoggies are apparently offering....