José Enrique

Baggio

Who's leftback at filthpool these days? I know Konchesky has gone out on loan.

Glen Johnson is playing there at the moment

Well bearing in mind Johnson is a Rightback / right midfielder, I'd say Enrique might be seeing a bit more of Andy Carroll after the summer.

All the top teams in England have established left backs who are perceived to be as good, if not better, than Enrique.

Arsenal - Clichy

Chelsea - Cole

Man Utd - Evra

Spurs - Assou Ekoto . . . oh yeah!

Unless some of them shift, they won't be bidding for him. He's not enough of a trophy signing for Man Shitty to buy him.

Liverpool and Tottenham could bid for him; the most likely of the two being Spurs, as Liverpool are only spending money they generate - ie from the Torres sale. So the threat of him being poached by the top 4 in England isn't too high imo. Top sides from outside of England, well that's a different matter.

FYP

I just got a serious bit of ITK ;) Liverpool to test Newcastle's resolve again in the summer with a £11m bid :):lol: They need an established PL left back and see Jose as a cheap, ideal target.

discussing on the way back from Blackburn................Frank Clark was a great, top defender - Alan Kennedy was a top left back and an attacking one - John Beresford the same. But Enrique is a great defender and a great attacking full back. I'm starting to think now he is the best left back I've seen play for Newcastle, and the first 2 above won European Cup and League Championship medals.

Yesterdays performance was great but is only one game, he is just getting better all the time, he has a good understanding with Jonas I don't understand the fuss thats being made here, he would be a great player in any team.

Baffling, he can't be quality, the days of signing quality players were over THE VERY DAY Ashley bought the club, according to you.

Shut up TBH.

This.

The whole 'we are not worthy' thing is just bollocks. Not all good players in good form are going to be sold to a bigger club. Cut the self-pity.

tripe as usual.

Enrique will decide his own future in due course, my guess is he is already wondering what sort of club he is playing for.

Sad but true. The days quality players saw us a place to play european football and compete at the top levels have disappeared lad, they went the day your man bought this club.

Bit before that being realistic.

Guest Marshall-Baines

CT I hope you watched that game on Saturday in its' entirity. Great timing for this thread by the way ;)

You know me the most deluded biased one eyed cunt going when it comes to Newcastle, deluded about who we are, where we're going, how we're perceived, where we should be, how big our fanbase is, but I tell you something I'd be amazed if we can keep hold of him. He's one of the best 10 left backs in world football, and if he goes to a club like Man Utd or Inter he'll be regarded as one of THE best he's that good. I'll be more gutted losing him than I was about Carroll, and the best thing about him is he's getting better and better, and he will get better still, he's outgrowing us in our present form. He's got the world at his feet, loads of money, probs the best looking bird on Tyneside, and he says jajajajajaja often.

Guest Marshall-Baines
Fat Sam did something good...

Aye and the irony of that is he destroyed all of his confidence though. He signed him and nearly ruined him. The bollockings he used to give him were some of the worst I've ever seen during games. I bet Enrique used to love it when we were attacking the Gallowgate under Fat Sam.

Guest Marshall-Baines

The opening poster is a bit of a mug, judging by this and other posts imo, I'm of the opinion he's either not from round here or is masquerading as a toon fan just a psychic feeling I have, however, he's right - he's too good for NUFC in its' present form. I'd be delighted if we can keep him here for years, but he really is a player who could grace the CL. We need to spend this £35m and more if we're to get other players of his calibre, and for him to want to remain here.

I'd like to build a side around Enrique (25), Tiote (24) and Ben Arfa (23).

All are top class (assuming Ben Arfa comes back and plays as well he could before his injury). They're of a great age; old enough to have some experience but absolutely young enough to improve significantly.

Sadly I had Carroll in the same bracket as the above. I wanted him and the above 3 to be the foundations of this team for years to come.

I'd like to build a side around Enrique (25), Tiote (24) and Ben Arfa (23).

All are top class (assuming Ben Arfa comes back and plays as well he could before his injury). They're of a great age; old enough to have some experience but absolutely young enough to improve significantly.

Sadly I had Carroll in the same bracket as the above. I wanted him and the above 3 to be the foundations of this team for years to come.

I think large Michael and his friend Derek are going to shit all over you dream unfortunately kidda.

The opening poster is a bit of a mug, judging by this and other posts imo, I'm of the opinion he's either not from round here or is masquerading as a toon fan just a psychic feeling I have, however, he's right - he's too good for NUFC in its' present form. I'd be delighted if we can keep him here for years, but he really is a player who could grace the CL. We need to spend this £35m and more if we're to get other players of his calibre, and for him to want to remain here.

You talking about me sunshine? You havent the slightest about how much love i have for newcastle, so why dont you keep your poppycock assumptions to yourself. Cunt!

discussing on the way back from Blackburn................Frank Clark was a great, top defender - Alan Kennedy was a top left back and an attacking one - John Beresford the same. But Enrique is a great defender and a great attacking full back. I'm starting to think now he is the best left back I've seen play for Newcastle, and the first 2 above won European Cup and League Championship medals.

Yesterdays performance was great but is only one game, he is just getting better all the time, he has a good understanding with Jonas I don't understand the fuss thats being made here, he would be a great player in any team.

Baffling, he can't be quality, the days of signing quality players [and the notion of actually building a team around them, that is worthy of qualifying for Europe] were over THE VERY DAY Ashley bought the club, according to you.

Edit.

Edited by Year Zero

Heard a few rumours a while back that Moat and that Spanish bloke signed him rather than Fat Sam. I'll choose to believe it anyway but it makes sense when you think about how he treated Enrique when he was here.