Dyer

@yourservice

I remember Robbie Elliot suffering the same type of break when he was at Bolton - really nasty and pretty stomach churning to look at - I don't think Elliot played for a year but he seemed to make a full recovery - whether Dyer can come back after this is a different story- when all is said and done I feel a bit sorry for him - yes he was a cock at times but if you had more money than anybody else your age , the pick of any lass you wanted and everybody tellin you how great you are all the time i think it would affect anybody detrimentally.

I thought when he was on top of his game he busted a gut for us but it went sour and it wasn't all his fault

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think any player getting injured is a laughing matter tbh.

It's not "nice" no.

But then neither is Dyer so I can't say I care much (in fact I probably care about as much as he cares about anything but his next wage packet).

It is pretty poetic though and I am glad it's not us paying for him for once.

I remember Robbie Elliot suffering the same type of break when he was at Bolton - really nasty and pretty stomach churning to look at - I don't think Elliot played for a year but he seemed to make a full recovery - whether Dyer can come back after this is a different story- when all is said and done I feel a bit sorry for him - yes he was a cock at times but if you had more money than anybody else your age , the pick of any lass you wanted and everybody tellin you how great you are all the time i think it would affect anybody detrimentally.

I thought when he was on top of his game he busted a gut for us but it went sour and it wasn't all his fault

I don't think Elliot was ever the same actually. I think that last bad injury was the one that finished him as a pretty good player.

I don't think Elliot was ever the same actually. I think that last bad injury was the one that finished him as a pretty good player.

Wonder how good Dyer would be if he lost that extra yard of pace he has over everyone??

Wonder how good Dyer would be if he lost that extra yard of pace he has over everyone??

Shit I hope :mellow:

Looks as though a combination of being kicked in the calf and the studs of the boot digging into the turf :mellow:

I can think of a few other things that might have added to him having bones like a 95 year old woman.

Looks as though a combination of being kicked in the calf and the studs of the boot digging into the turf :mellow:

I can think of a few other things that might have added to him having bones like a 95 year old woman.

Calcium deficient?

Never realised how bad it was when i made the thread

:razz:

:mellow:

:lol:

Thats gotta hurt!!

I've watched the video a couple of times now and I have to say, I think the rovers player lashed out at Dyer. I'm not saying he meant to break his leg, but the foul was intentional I reckon. He shifts his bodyweight onto his right side so he can flick his left out.

I think it was a rash challenge, but I don't think there was any intent on harming Dyer tbh.

Curbishley making something of it as he's just spent £7m on a player who may not play again. If it was one of his reserve players, I bet we wouldn't have heard half the noise we have.....

They played the video of Dyer getting his leg snapped at half time at the match yesterday. Have to say I was pretty disgusted with the minority of fans applauding it.

I'm no fan of Dyer and think the lad is a bit of a twat but it gives me no pleasure to see this happen to him. Overall though my feeling is relief we sold him at the right time.

They played the video of Dyer getting his leg snapped at half time at the match yesterday. Have to say I was pretty disgusted with the minority of fans applauding it.

I'm no fan of Dyer and think the lad is a bit of a twat but it gives me no pleasure to see this happen to him. Overall though my feeling is relief we sold him at the right time.

Is there a big screen at the ground now like or are you on about the small tellys by the bars?

That sums up my feelings too.

He maybe meant to trip him up but without Dyer's studs getting stuck in the ground the challenge would've been fairly harmless.

If my bones broke as easily as that I'd never have been out of casts in my life.

There wasn't a lot of intent in it other than a bit of go for the ball through him and if I trip him so much the better.

Freak bad luck and/or bones of a 95 year old lady is all.

Yeah I think the weak bones thing is bollocks tbh. It depends on where your weight is at the time of the tackle, the angle of your leg etc. Look at when Smith broke his leg.

Dyer was full flow and was kicked in the back of his weight bearing leg (it looked like he was shifting his weight as he was tackled). His knee was turned in the direction he was moving in, but his foot was not.

Like I say, I think the intention by the Rovers player was to foul him, but the break was just unfortunate.

I've never had much time for him but didnt feel he deserved this, seems theres many at the club though who are more than happy to see him injured.

We went on one of the tours today (not bad value really £10 for 2 hours wandering round the place) and the tour guide made no bones about his and many many others dislike of the lad. From comments such as "this is the dope testing room, or as we used to call it Kieron Dyers dressing room" through to telling a story about how 3 weeks ago there was an organised autograph day for the kids and literally thousands turned up, (I remember seeing the queue which was right round the Gallowgate) all the players were there and hung around talking to the kids, signing autographs and basically acting as ambassadors for the club apart from Dyer who (allegedly) virtually pushed kids out of the way to get to his car and piss off without signing or talking to one kid.

Its stories like that which taint peoples views of players, Im inclined to believe this one seeing as the source looked to be reliable so if it is true then there probably many a parent believing in karma now.