Chelski

Rob W

One of the people being linked is Hansjorg Wyss, who is 86 and apparently worth $5.6Bn so it would be somewhere around half his net worth. I assume the press are just googling billionaires if that’s the links they’re coming up with? 

7 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

I think Wyss outright said he was offered the club, so that's not just lazy journos. He could still be lying but why? 

Yeah in that case perhaps not. Maybe this ties in with it being a bit of a show from Abramovic? Offer the club to a bunch of billionaires who might publicly state they’ve been offered the club to legitimize that it’s really for sale. 

I am just not sure why anyone would buy for the price that’s doing the rounds, which is why I question Abramovic’s level of intent. Obviously football clubs don’t make the money for them to be worth that, so you’re left with the ‘sports washing’ types, but is it even great for them? I would assume taking a club and completely rebuilding/recreating it as a success e.g. PSG/Manchester City would be more in line with their aims. I guess that would leave the extremely wealthy that want a play thing? But that’s an insanely limited group as even for people like Wyss it’s a huge part of their net worth. Maybe a consortium could pay that, but then you’re back to why would they since it’s very unlikely you gain financially from it and don’t have the prestige that a sole owner does. 

It’s a fucking weird situation. 

• Like 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Apparently they have been granted a 'special license' to complete up and coming fixtures.  If they get to the start of next season with him still in ownership, do they still play?

I bet TalkSPORT is in meltdown :lol: 

• Haha 3

My Chelsea supporting ex-colleague who dished out untold amounts of abuse in my direction about how we were being bought by a morally corrupt owner is currently in absolute fucking meltdown trying to defend has wanky nationalised club :lol:

• Haha 5

Nah, I'm not feeling much sympathy. This lot were one of those blocking our takeover. How do you like those apples? 

Can't wait to hear what John Terry has to say :lol:

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Wow. Let's hope our government never falls out with the Saudi's!

It's right that Abramovich won't be allowed to profit from a UK asset, but bad craic that the fans are the ones that will be affected by this. 

I think the sale will get resolved very quickly.

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Wow. Let's hope our government never falls out with the Saudi's!

It's right that Abramovich won't be allowed to profit from a UK asset, but bad craic that the fans are the ones that will be affected by this. 

if yemen mattered more...

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

but bad craic that the fans are the ones that will be affected by this. 

The same fans who interrupted the tribute to the Ukrainians with pro-Abramovich chants? Nah, fuck those guys.

• Like 3

If the collective Western world decided it was moved to act over Yemen and bring pressure to stop Saudi Arabia in that context, I would be more than happy for them to do to NUFC what they're doing to Chelsea. Whatever saves lives. For now though, the problem lies with our government rather than our football club.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The same fans who interrupted the tribute to the Ukrainians with pro-Abramovich chants? Nah, fuck those guys.

We've got divvies waving Saudi flags at St James Park tbf.

It's a fools errand trying to find find a moral path through the PL, UK government, Russian Oligarchs and Saudi Sheikh's. They are all varying shades of corrupt

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

This entirely. Up there with the Mackems defending Adam Johnson pre-trial for me. Fucking appalling.

• Meenzer changed the title to Chelski