Chelski

Rob W

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Talk that Tuchel is going to be given 200m to spend this transfer window.  How is that remotely possible for a loss-making business under FFP?

Because they have a billionaire yank owner of a Tory cunt club

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Boehly part owns Fulwell 73, the company that made sunderland Til I Die. :lol:

MLF, marra. 

He could well be a MLF given that he's going to be the head of the ownership but not a majority owner. Clearlake Capital are going to own 60% of the club. I can't see why the hell a private equity firm would want to invest in a business as consistently loss making as Chelsea, it's not as if PL football clubs are ripe for year on year profit. The only thing I see is that they're gambling on the club being worth twice as much in five years time then selling up. Either way it's something I'd be worried about as a Chelsea fan. As a Newcastle fan, not so much.

• Like 4

Yeah this feels more like a Glazer type takeover than anything else. 

Yeehaw, Looking forward to maximising those profit margins lil buddy, Woooo!

10 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Talk that Tuchel is going to be given 200m to spend this transfer window.  How is that remotely possible for a loss-making business under FFP?

:lol: Aye, this is what makes me laugh we’re repeatedly told that we will only spent £60m… err £80m…. I mean £100m because of FFP despite spending absolutely chuff all for yonks and actually being profitable some years, yet all these other clubs that run at huge fucking losses have massive budgets. 

• Like 1

CFC’s new owners have just spent 4.6bn buying the club. Their stadium capacity is a tad under 42000 so they get 10000 less than we do every home game. They make a loss every year and are no where near the top 2. If they get to just say bollocks to ffp that opens a massive can of worms. I think they’re fucked to be honest.

They're also now owned by Americans who seem hell bent using the brand to harbour their debts if Man Utd are anything to go by. Hopefully Chelsea's days of spunking cash here there and everywhere are long gone.

• Like 1

Drinkwater:

"My time at @chelseafc has come to an end… actually feels really strange writing this. Me, the club and fans are hugely disappointed with the outcome there is no doubt about that. Injuries, how I have been treated, mistakes I have made, issues of the pitch, lack of game time… the list of excuses could be endless but I would not and can not change what’s happened. I’m going to look at positives over the past 5 years, I have played with great players, coached by awesome managers, worked with some brilliant staff, met some fantastic people, lived in some beautiful places, travelled the world and won some more silverware. Footballs a fantastic sport but this for both parties was a business move gone wrong, it’s as black and white as that. To the @chelseafc fans I apologise for how this has turned out I would of loved for u to see me at my best in that shirt doing what I love. All the best x"

Quite liked Drinkwater, put some effort in at Leicester and always seemed like a Sidwellesque signing for Chelsea. I'm sure he's earned a fortune but might regret going there when his career is over and realises he lost the best years of his life as a squad filler. 

• Like 2

On 26/05/2022 at 21:16, Chaser said:

Quite liked Drinkwater, put some effort in at Leicester and always seemed like a Sidwellesque signing for Chelsea. I'm sure he's earned a fortune but might regret going there when his career is over and realises he lost the best years of his life as a squad filler. 

I have a bit of time for Vardy for doing the opposite when he could’ve almost picked his move at one point. In the scheme of things both are multi-millionaires but who’s going to be happier looking back on their career? 

• Like 2