NUFC v Portsmouth

janu

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the fans turning on Allardyce yet? Can't see Ashley being very happy with the results against Derby, Reading, Portsmouth etc.

Bring on the top 4 teams :lol:

Allardyce should beware that he wasn't Ashley's appointment.

He might not need too many excuses to bring in his own man.

That was just terrible fat sam thinks martins and owen dont work together because they are both short so he plays smith over martins because obviously smith is tall...

He plays the left winger on the right wing and right winger on the left wing plays 2 slow defenders that fell apart against long ball tactics against a team which has bags of pace and like to play direct to benjani, then when he eventually decides to bring our top scorer on he takes the left back off despite smith being useless moves n'zogbia to left back puts martins left wing then brings emre on not for butt instead he takes milner off. Totally tactically shown up by Redknap today portsmouth are a good team but we didnt have to just give them the win.

Oh and btw if we dont do better against the mackams too right i expect allardyce out chants in fact he should be sacked if we loose to those inbreds.

Edited by Barton7

Well, just home from that shower of shite. Earlier than usually actually given how easy it was to get out at FT. Cant really blame one or two players, in fact, Im not convinced the players hd a clue what they were doing. Odd line up which tells me Sam still isnt sure how he wants the team to play. that also questions his players brought in. If he didnt know hwo he wanted to play, how can he target players of a certain style if he doesnt know how they will fit in?

Meh...

We were crap today but we knew it was coming and we would get days like this season we have a new team and coach. Lets look at the facts Big Sam has proven he is good a getting results over time. If it had not been for Martins last season we could well have been relegated. By all accounts he was crap last week so that why he started with him on the bench. Personally I would always set with him at home as Owen as seen today is not a quick as he use to be. Also the idea of people starting to call for the mamager to go is madness because all we will do is go around in circles. No one in the tops 6 or 7 clubs has a new manager except Man city who have move forward though they were better than us last season. We have to let Big sam have time to do his stuff. It will almost certainly take 2 to 3 years an along the way we will have good and bad days.

In fairness, two outstanding strikes, BUT we only managed an OG, worrying with Smith preffered to Oba and the defence looking shite, I`m willing to give BS some time BUT displays need to improve, we have not played any of the big boys yet and have lost to Derby, City, Reading and drawn with a poor Boro` side. BS needs to sort things quick, we dont look that good going forward and even worse at the back.

With the players we have, on paper we should do better. Is it the tactics, the selections who knows. BS needs to turn it around or I fear for his job

Would I take Jose for next season

without a doubt

over to you Mike

We were crap today but we knew it was coming and we would get days like this season we have a new team and coach. Lets look at the facts Big Sam has proven he is good a getting results over time. If it had not been for Martins last season we could well have been relegated. By all accounts he was crap last week so that why he started with him on the bench. Personally I would always set with him at home as Owen as seen today is not a quick as he use to be. Also the idea of people starting to call for the mamager to go is madness because all we will do is go around in circles. No one in the tops 6 or 7 clubs has a new manager except Man city who have move forward though they were better than us last season. We have to let Big sam have time to do his stuff. It will almost certainly take 2 to 3 years an along the way we will have good and bad days.

Martins played better last week than Owen and has been a bigger threat than him all season.

Canny match. We were fucking diabolical today. Even discounting the fact that the game was over after 10 minutes, if we'd come out in the second half and battered their goal for 45 minutes and made James play a blinder, you could take something away from it. But tbh, they were taking the piss for a lot of the second half, fancy flicks, one touch passing, the lot, while we kept punting long balls to see if Owen could win the aerial battle with Campbell and Distin. Bit of a joke really.

Canny match. We were fucking diabolical today. Even discounting the fact that the game was over after 10 minutes, if we'd come out in the second half and battered their goal for 45 minutes and made James play a blinder, you could take something away from it. But tbh, they were taking the piss for a lot of the second half, fancy flicks, one touch passing, the lot, while we kept punting long balls to see if Owen could win the aerial battle with Campbell and Distin. Bit of a joke really.

Shite result, poor selection, Sam needs to sort it out. We are looking poor

Well, just home from that shower of shite. Earlier than usually actually given how easy it was to get out at FT. Cant really blame one or two players, in fact, Im not convinced the players hd a clue what they were doing. Odd line up which tells me Sam still isnt sure how he wants the team to play. that also questions his players brought in. If he didnt know hwo he wanted to play, how can he target players of a certain style if he doesnt know how they will fit in?

Meh...

That is how I feel. I thought we would get stuffed by Pompey and we were. However, gifting them two goals in the first ten, or so, minutes is something our mediocre team could never recover from.

The thing for me is that XXXL Sam was a banker for tightening up our defence; the reality is that quite the opposite seems to be happening, which is really worrying.

The thing for me is that XXXL Sam was a banker for tightening up our defence; the reality is that quite the opposite seems to be happening, which is really worrying.

I think it's a myth that we needed our defence tightening. We had a lot of individual errors that match of the Day or Goals on Sunday would take the piss out of, but we conceded less than Tottenham, Bolton, Reading, Blackburn and Middlesboro last year. They all finished above us, but we never scored as many as a single team above us.

The fact that we're still not looking like scoring, but conceding even more is a worry though.

So far this season Allerdyce has been given football lessons by Sven not good enough for Ingerland and now 'arry Redneck!

And what's his answer when it gets tough?

To move the most threatening attacking player on the pitch to left back, to leave the plodders on and then still get the team to kick it long from the back line.

We may as well not even bother with a midfield, 5 in the back and 5 up front.

It looks like he's struggling without his players that kick lumps out of the opposition.

Also looks like Owen's lost a lot of strength out of that leg, he found himself in some good positions but lacked the power in his strike, not good.

I see after one shitty defensive performance MotD trawled up the old 'Newcastle's Defensive Frailties' item and all the clichés, bollocks and misconceptions that goes with it.

Having said that, Cacapa did a canny impersonation of Boumsong for quarter of an hour yesterday. :lol:

Hope it was a one off, he looked so assured earlier in the season.