NUFC v Fulham

NobbySol

Guest stevieintoon

I was at Craven Cottage yesterday, and fair enough I was pissed, but I can't believe the plaudits Joey Barton is getting in the papers today. He showed loads of effort, but some of his passing was disappointing, fair play for having the courage to take the pen though. He should've scored that header in the first half as well.

I tell you what it is though, what a shit club they are, that's the second time I've been, the first since they put the seats in the Putney End, that fuckin away end is a death trap I'm telling you, all it is is canvass, a total MFI job, and it shakes like fuck all the time, I hope I'm wrong and maybe I am because it wouldn't get a safety certificate, but it was scary at times, when the younguns were "po-going". Well done to us though for creating a good atmosphere second half. It was a very pissed up happy 830 that pulled oot of Kings Cross anyway.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Craven Cottage yesterday, and fair enough I was pissed, but I can't believe the plaudits Joey Barton is getting in the papers today. He showed loads of effort, but some of his passing was disappointing, fair play for having the courage to take the pen though. He should've scored that header in the first half as well.

I tell you what it is though, what a shit club they are, that's the second time I've been, the first since they put the seats in the Putney End, that fuckin away end is a death trap I'm telling you, all it is is canvass, a total MFI job, and it shakes like fuck all the time, I hope I'm wrong and maybe I am because it wouldn't get a safety certificate, but it was scary at times, when the younguns were "po-going". Well done to us though for creating a good atmosphere second half. It was a very pissed up happy 830 that pulled oot of Kings Cross anyway.

I remember boxing day a few years ago against blackburn when everyone was po-going and the upper tier was physically shaking. A sober lad who was with us was shitting it.

Guest stevieintoon

I remember boxing day a few years ago against blackburn when everyone was po-going and the upper tier was physically shaking. A sober lad who was with us was shitting it.

I know exactly what you mean but its better built than that stand at Fulham, when you go down stairs you look up and theres the seat above you, its a shit stand. We had loads of southerners in the away end last neet, and fair play to them, and the lad that gave me a bottle of beer in the second half for no reason, and that kid that looked like a Colombian drug baron on my right, good lad.

I know exactly what you mean but its better built than that stand at Fulham, when you go down stairs you look up and theres the seat above you, its a shit stand. We had loads of southerners in the away end last neet, and fair play to them, and the lad that gave me a bottle of beer in the second half for no reason, and that kid that looked like a Colombian drug baron on my right, good lad.

That sentence reads like Southerners all have special needs or something :lol:

I honestly don't understand a lot of folk on here. We used to say that we'd take an ugly three points and we're not interested in playing pretty just yet, we just want the points on the board.

Now we've played poorly and won, yet you lot now want great football and freeflowing attacking play. Get a grip man. We're not that good. We need to realise just where we sit in the Premier League at the minute. We're an average side, with average players on the whole.

I honestly have faith in Sam Allardyce, I don't agree with some of his decisions, but he's spent a lot longer coaching players than I have so I'd rather support him, than any of you lot.

It seems the cliche about Newcastle fans is absolutely on the money. Bunch of fickle, impatient children who need to learn what shite is before they start complaining about the position we're in now.

I can think of ten teams in the Premier League who'd swap with us in an instant. Let alone the other 80 odd teams in the football leagues.

fucks sake we're a team who should be content with points away from home and 3 points at home. That's where we are in the world at the moment. Solid home form and getting draws away from home are good results for us right now. We're not as good as you lot seem to think we are. With time and the right personnel we can become a team who gets 3 points at home and expects 3 points from teams like Fulham, but we're not there yet.

I honestly don't understand a lot of folk on here. We used to say that we'd take an ugly three points and we're not interested in playing pretty just yet, we just want the points on the board.

Now we've played poorly and won, yet you lot now want great football and freeflowing attacking play. Get a grip man. We're not that good. We need to realise just where we sit in the Premier League at the minute. We're an average side, with average players on the whole.

I honestly have faith in Sam Allardyce, I don't agree with some of his decisions, but he's spent a lot longer coaching players than I have so I'd rather support him, than any of you lot.

It seems the cliche about Newcastle fans is absolutely on the money. Bunch of fickle, impatient children who need to learn what shite is before they start complaining about the position we're in now.

I can think of ten teams in the Premier League who'd swap with us in an instant. Let alone the other 80 odd teams in the football leagues.

fucks sake we're a team who should be content with points away from home and 3 points at home. That's where we are in the world at the moment. Solid home form and getting draws away from home are good results for us right now. We're not as good as you lot seem to think we are. With time and the right personnel we can become a team who gets 3 points at home and expects 3 points from teams like Fulham, but we're not there yet.

That's from the Allardyce "give me 5 years" sch0ol of bullshit.

We have players who cannot pass to a team mate 10 yards away. Players who cannot control the odd ball that does reach them. Players who look like they will never score. Its hardly surprising the football is absolutely diabolical.

Fulham were abysmal. But for one moment of quality from Viduka we would have drawn with them to go with our points off Sunderland and Boro and our defeats to Derby and Reading.

Can you explain how a team that was "average" last year, bordering on poor but occasionally played a bit of football can actually have gone backwards? I can - selection, tactics and coaching.

Can you explain how a team who were as shit as Man City can now be an attractive team (admittedly only at home) - I can - selection, tactics and coaching.

I remember a few ugly wins under Keegan, Dalglish and even Bobby - I loved them - none were anywhere near as depressing and worrying as that debacle last night.

I'm nailing my colours the Jimbo et als' mast - wrong man for us.

Also on being fickle I'm going to sound like LM here but I don't care - I've watched NUFC when we've been properly shit - there was an excuse then - there isn't now - thats the fucking difference.

our problem yesterday was lack of movement. When we broke up the play in midfield, we'd have 3 players (butt,geremi, barton) around the ball offering no outlet. That left milner as the only outlet, and with the midfield getting sucked together, it was left to the long ball to milner. Smiths inability to hold up the ball also played a part.

Thought beye and cacapa were the star men. Rozehnal looks shaky and n'zogbia got caught in possession far too often.

Edited by newcastlebroon

There's a difference between playing ugly and winning and being lucky and winning, we've been the latter.

Bang on.

Bang on.

and they are the games that we had no fight for last season and they would have turned us over.

That's from the Allardyce "give me 5 years" sch0ol of bullshit.

We have players who cannot pass to a team mate 10 yards away. Players who cannot control the odd ball that does reach them. Players who look like they will never score. Its hardly surprising the football is absolutely diabolical.

Fulham were abysmal. But for one moment of quality from Viduka we would have drawn with them to go with our points off Sunderland and Boro and our defeats to Derby and Reading.

Can you explain how a team that was "average" last year, bordering on poor but occasionally played a bit of football can actually have gone backwards? I can - selection, tactics and coaching.

Can you explain how a team who were as shit as Man City can now be an attractive team (admittedly only at home) - I can - selection, tactics and coaching.

I remember a few ugly wins under Keegan, Dalglish and even Bobby - I loved them - none were anywhere near as depressing and worrying as that debacle last night.

I'm nailing my colours the Jimbo et als' mast - wrong man for us.

Also on being fickle I'm going to sound like LM here but I don't care - I've watched NUFC when we've been properly shit - there was an excuse then - there isn't now - thats the fucking difference.

Spot on, and yes Fulham were abysmal, and so were we, I'm delighted we won, winning away, especially in London is not something to take lightly for us and I'll take the result with both hands, but the main frustration for me is that we could have won far more convincingly and with a bit of flair, and the reason we didn't is purely down to team selection, square pegs in round holes, players playing in a formation to which they are not suited.

The last two matches we have been extremely fortunate to have won but those wins have masked the fact that we have looked terrible, we have become a team that when we lose we capitulate and when we win we look awful and that’s not what I want Newcastle United to become, of course I'll take winning ugly over not winning at all, but the potential of the team is far better than that.

As for not questioning Allardyce because he's a manager and we aren't, did you offer Souness and Roeder the same grace ? of course not, for me this is like the fable of the Emperor’s new clothes, too many folk are ignoring the stark facts whilst a few brave souls are willing to say what they see. If seeing Newcastle United turn into Bolton is what you want, then fine but that’s not what I want.

I still firmly believe that Allardyce is the wrong man for this club and both players and fans alike are the ones that will suffer during his tenure at the club, witnessing dross like Geremi and Smith continue to command places in the team ahead of others that are clearly better, playing negative tactics that will only consolidate our position as lower table pap rather than pushing us forward. Time is crucial for the right manager to get things right, but time is also the conduit for a shite manager to take as backwards as it has been shown by his predecessors.

Feel free to bump my posts when Allardyce has driven us into the upper echelons of the Premier league and established us a part of the "big 4 or 5" but I fear that it will either be a very long wait or not happen at all.

Bang on.

and they are the games that we had no fight for last season and they would have turned us over.

Like Derby and Reading? Sunderland with a bit of luck?

Another myth is that Allardyce would make us hard to beat - bollocks.

If fulham had had McBride back rather than the shit they did have up front they would have beaten us imo - thats how shit we are.

Can't believe people are STILL persisting with this shite.

Almost half the way through the season, we're 5 points off 5th place ffs, and STILL not willing to give him time.

Jokers.

People just aren't happy with the way we are playing, thats the problem.

Almost half the way through the season, we're 5 points off 5th place ffs, and STILL not willing to give him time.

Jokers.

But he doesn't pick the exact starting 11 that they would and play them the exact way that they would. :lol:

Jokers.

Clearly your tolerance for mediocrity is a lot higher than mine :lol:

Jokers.

Clearly your tolerance for mediocrity is a lot higher than mine :lol:

My tolerance for mediocrity is unsurpassed, I wanted to keep Roeder.

We have played much, much better than this and lost, particularly in our last away game when we played Blackburn off the park. Today we probably didn't deserve to win but they certainly didn't deserve to, that's for sure.

Did we? :lol:

Jokers.

Clearly your tolerance for mediocrity is a lot higher than mine ;)

Judging by some of his film reviews and recommendations, yes it is :lol:

Jokers.

All I want is a bit of good football - too much to ask?

I've virtually stopped going to games now - couldn't even be arsed to go to Fulham which would have been easy for me - theres no incentive whatsover apart from seeing mates and drinking - its like the bad days of the 80s/early 90s all over again except at 10 times the cost. Bottom line is I refuse to pay £30/£40/£50 to watch that level of shite - another six months of this (odd victory aside) and the home crowds will reflect that attitude as well.

I will also re-iterate my point that our fixtures till now have been easy - I think we're in a very false position.

Jokers.

All I want is a bit of good football - too much to ask?

I've virtually stopped going to games now - couldn't even be arsed to go to Fulham which would have been easy for me - theres no incentive whatsover apart from seeing mates and drinking - its like the bad days of the 80s/early 90s all over again except at 10 times the cost. Bottom line is I refuse to pay £30/£40/£50 to watch that level of shite - another six months of this (odd victory aside) and the home crowds will reflect that attitude as well.

I will also re-iterate my point that our fixtures till now have been easy - I think we're in a very false position.

:lol: played 17 out of the other 19 teams in the league but they were just the easy ones. ;)

:lol: played 17 out of the other 19 teams in the league but they were just the easy ones. ;)

To come:

Chelsea x2

Man U x2

Liverpool away

Arsenal away

Pompey away

Villa away

Everton away

Spurs (false position) away.

Blackburn and Man City only teams above us played away.

I'd say that was skewed list of fixtures compared with whats gone.

Edited by NJS