Barton to be freed on bail

Jimbo

Guest James_coDurham
In custody til the 3rd of january missing the next 2 games.

Apparently he was caught on CCTV in what looked like an unprovoked attack, followed up by abusing any strangers that happened to be walking past him.

Judge refused bail as he is already on bail for another violent offence.

The FA should ban him from playing for another club. Hes a thug and i hope he gets locked up.

Aye, that'll be profitable for us

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the club hasnt had the sense to insert a clause for something like this happening then they deserve to lose their £5.8mil for being so stupid!

We had one in Bowyers contract and hes a boy scout compared to Barton

What do you suggest then? Sack him? That's the money lost anyway. There couldn't be a clause over the fee, only his wages. I think there is some clause re: the Dabo thing btw.

He will be locked up I reckon

Almost sure to be. Hopefully the club have got a clause that we don't have to pay him whilst he's in jail.

When exactly did he sign, was it Mort running the show then or was it still under the pie-eaters regime? I would have thought the former is more likely to have inserted a get-out in any contract than the latter.

If the club hasnt had the sense to insert a clause for something like this happening then they deserve to lose their £5.8mil for being so stupid!

What do you suggest then? Sack him? That's the money lost anyway. There couldn't be a clause over the fee, only his wages. I think there is some clause re: the Dabo thing btw.

yeah sack him! Our owner is a billionaire, he can afford to.

Great idea.

It's feasible I suppose. After the Bowyer & Dyer incident there were calls for them to be sacked, but we were a PLC then and as far as shareholders were concerned they were assets. Now we're off the stock market Ashley can do what he likes, maybe sack him for gross misconduct, although it would probably end up in some sort of tribunal.

More proof of Allardyce's lack of ability.

He wanted Barton and with that it was his resposibility to keep him out of trouble but just like everything so far Allardyce has come up short.

:lol: Tell me this post was a joke please.

While not Allardyce´'s fault directly, every other manager was staying well clear of Barton in the summer but Fat Sam of course had the solid belief that he could tame anyone and has been proven wrong. This was Allardyceºs gamble and given the performances on the field and now this it looks to have blown up in his fat face.

He wanted Barton and with that it was his resposibility to keep him out of trouble but just like everything so far Allardyce has come up short.

While not Allardyce´'s fault directly, every other manager was staying well clear of Barton in the summer but Fat Sam of course had the solid belief that he could tame anyone and has been proven wrong. This was Allardyceºs gamble and given the performances on the field and now this it looks to have blown up in his fat face.

Sure it was between us and west ham that were after him, and he was in talks with both.

Guest Patrokles

every other manager was staying well clear of Barton in the summer

errrr no. :huh:

every other manager was staying well clear of Barton in the summer

errrr no. :huh:

One manager was dumb enough.

Might be a bit o' truth in that.

Maybe if Sam hadn't dropped him for the Wigan match he might not have been in Liverpool pissed off at the world.

Think about it, if Sam hadn't dropped him he might have stayed in Newcastle and maybe had a jovial punch-up in the Bigg Market. :lol:

Maybe if Sam hadn't dropped him for the Wigan match he might not have been in Liverpool pissed off at the world.

Think about it, if Sam hadn't dropped him he might have stayed in Newcastle and maybe had a jovial punch-up in the Bigg Market. :huh:

well frankly the whole things a blessing, now we dont have to wonder why hes been picked ahead of anyone else and we've got at least two games without him.

Now anyone know if Owens out and about tonight? :lol:

Think about it, if Sam hadn't dropped him he might have stayed in Newcastle and maybe had a jovial punch-up in the Bigg Market. :lol:

I heard he was injured.

Would you sign Barton?

By COLIN YOUNG -

When Newcastle played a pre-season friendly at Hartlepool, a 15-year-old youth player and Geordie fanatic who had been sweeping the dressing rooms boarded the team bus to get his shirt signed.

Every Newcastle player obliged, until Joey Barton was approached. He smeared it with food.

The incident makes a mockery of Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce's decision to stake his reputation on turning Barton from loud-mouthed, arrogant bad boy into a proven England international.

One of his first acts, shortly after initial introductions to new owner Mike Ashley, was to convince the sports retail billionaire that he could mould Barton into a model pro, that he would be worth any hassle and Manchester City's substantial asking price.

It is that insistence which has put Allardyce under as much pressure as the poor run of results.

Allardyce had earned a reputation at Bolton for bringing the best out of difficult players such as El Hadji Diouf and on the day he handed over £5.8million of Ashley's cash to City, he confidently predicted he could tame the 25-year-old Scouser.

"There is nothing wrong with Joey's football," he said after making Barton his first signing as Newcastle boss in June. "It is the off-the-field scenario that we have to work on and get better.

"Joey is a terrific player and a tremendous asset for Newcastle. He is a big, big character and somebody who likes to say what he thinks, which is getting slightly rare in today's football. The difference is he goes out and proves what he says he can do.

"He does a lot of talking on the field exceptionally well and hopefully he will continue that. His midfield play and goalscoring ability are paramount to our future success.

"His character had to be a consideration, of course. I had to convince the board that myself and Joey would be able to deal with that side of him and not let it come out again.

"We have to make sure Joey does not run into that sort of behaviour ever again because if he does want to be successful — his ambition is to play for his country again and he is more than capable of that — it is never going to happen if he continues to get in those situations off the field."

Today Barton's career is on the brink of ruin and as Allardyce and the Newcastle board check the small print of his contract and make moves to terminate it if he is found guilty of assault and affray, the list of clubs willing even to contemplate employing him is zero.

At clubs like Portsmouth they have long memories and no one at Fratton Park will forget Barton scraping his studs down Pedro Mendes' calf and then giving the thumbs-up sign to the City bench.

"I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole," said one Barclays Premier League manager. Another said: "He is not our type of player and he never was."

As Allardyce prepares for today's visit to Chelsea, he is left contemplating Barton adding to the complication surrounding his own future.

The Newcastle boss is facing a midweek home clash against Manchester City and a tricky FA Cup tie at Stoke City.

The subject of Barton was strictly off limits yesterday but a defiant Allardyce said: "In the last two games we were only a midge away from putting two results together to go above Blackburn and level with Portsmouth, who are deemed to be the best two teams below the big four.

"All of a sudden, because of this football club and its past history, it's all doom and gloom."

play for his country again??? :lol:

Football 365:

While the rest of us will be toasting the New Year, Joey Barton will be staring at the four blank walls of a prison cell after he was refused bail by Liverpool Magistrates. Barton has been remanded on charges of assault and affray after a 'confrontation' outside a McDonalds in the Pool. We're lovin' it.

Seems a bit on the wrong side of impartial.

Sums up the meeja's view of Newcastle as a source of hilarity though.

Would sacking Barton be a worth-while option ?

No other team would buy him off us in a million years so its unlikely we'd get any of his fee back again, plus we'd be paying his wages while he's banged up