It's KEEGAN

@yourservice

The cues for the box office are backed round to Shearer's bar.

Name change required.

"Keegan's" has a much better ring to it !

How about "Oliver's" ? :nufc:

Well that's the transfer window over for us anyway. Guess we can all sit back and get excited about who we're signing in summer.

Keegan or no Keegan, unless he can play central midfield, we're fucked.

Fucked as in relegated? Because unless that's what you meant I couldn't have seen the central midfield problem being sorted regardless (even, perhaps especially, if Allardyce had stayed). I reckon we'll stay up because I think the home form will pick up starting on Saturday. I reckon 40 points will be more than enough this season.

Well that's the transfer window over for us anyway. Guess we can all sit back and get excited about who we're signing in summer.

Fucked as in relegated? Because unless that's what you meant I couldn't have seen the central midfield problem being sorted regardless (even, perhaps especially, if Allardyce had stayed). I reckon we'll stay up because I think the home form will pick up starting on Saturday. I reckon 40 points will be more than enough this season.

aye. i expect keegan to set the team out in a 4-4-2 with players playing in their correct positions and one defensive holding midfielder, not two. i can see him getting the most out of players like duff too.

plus there's still time for a purchase or two before the window closes

Breaking News: King Kev To Make Toon Return

KEVIN Keegan is returning to Newcastle United as manager.

It will be Kevin's third stint at St. James' Park. He arrived as a player in 1982 in a move that stunned football and led the team back to the top-flight before hanging up his boots in the summer of 1984.

He returned to Gallowgate as manager in 1992, saving the club from relegation to the old Third Division that year before leading the Magpies to the Premier League the following season.

From that point, the swashbuckling brand of cavalier football he had the team playing saw United known as 'The Entertainers' and loved by football fans all over the country - and beyond!

Kevin's team were desperately unlucky to be pipped for the title at the end of the 1995/96 season, but his attacking team with such stars as Peter Beardsley, Les Ferdinand, Tino Asprilla, David Ginola and Robert Lee never failed to captivate watching audiences.

.cock

aye. i expect keegan to set the team out in a 4-4-2 with players playing in their correct positions and one defensive holding midfielder, not two. i can see him getting the most out of players like duff too.

It's a joy to see you happy btw :nufc:

It's a joy to see you happy btw :nufc:

i didn't expect to be this excited. i guess the logical appointment (deschamps or someone of similar stature) wouldn't have got the pulse racing in quite the same way.

i didn't expect to be this excited. i guess the logical appointment (deschamps or someone of similar stature) wouldn't have got the pulse racing in quite the same way.

There were some on the list where I thought it would have been a good choice but at the same time I thought it would fail - Deschamps and Houllier for example.

Keegan might fail but he'll get more time and less pressure than others imo.

two sides of my brain are at logger heads.

one side is pointing out his tactical frailties, his occasionally misguided passion, his absence from the game for so long, his last two positions, his hit & miss purchases etc etc

the other part of it keeps flashing up things like

81.jpg

51YNPHFTV6L._SS500_.jpg

shearer.jpg

and telling me to shut up, pay my fare, pull down the protective harness and enjoy the ride.

What do you think eill happen with emo - i gather they don't see eye to eye

Given his international career (in terms of major tournaments at least) could be over and club-wise the next step isn't going to be one of the 'big 4' I think it's Owen who has more to worry about. Keegan always played Owen when he managed England though.

Shearer as No. 2 apparently.

:nufc:

source?

Same one that told me he was the new gaffer about 15 minutes before it hit the news. :nufc:

Got owt on the meaning of life as well?