Newcastle United Vs Sunderland

Tom

Great win, always wonderful to send them home with nothing to show for it.

Owen was incredible today, thought Martins could've shown a bit more effort and the defence was outstanding as well, especially Butt and Enrique.

Geremi was the low point, not sure what he was up to for most of the match. But outstanding thrashing again, howay lads! ;)

Cant argue with the first part but Geremi put in decent crosses all game long.

Maybe his crosses were ok like but his short passing was atrocious.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won 2-0 without ever really getting out of second gear, i'll take that against the mackems happilly. Butt was everywhere for 90 mins and did a great job, fullbacks impressed as ever and Owen did a great job.

I couldn't believe the mackems though, from what i'd read they were supposed to play a bit of football, but they were a bunch of dirty bastards who could do nowt except hoof the ball up to Jones for 90 mins!

If we'd hit form second half it could have been a humiliation for them, but as it was we went off the boil they tried their best and it became scrappy, but job done so who cares.

Just got back ;) Chuffed about that one, we were in control from the off didn't even have to come out of the dressing room for the 2nd half. Mackam fans were fucking shite, looked like a bunch of scruffs too one old bloke that was shouting abuse before kick off looked like something out of shameless. That mcShane is a woeful player, also they were dirty as hell you could tell it was a Roy Keane team. GET IN!

Gosh Owen avoiding the big question about his 'gut feeling' about staying like the minister of finance for Brazil.

Not the most convincing interview, no.

What did he say?

.cock:

"The manager called me into his office a week ago and told me about his plans for the future," said the ten-goal striker.

"He discussed the kind of players he wants to bring in and what ambitions he has for Newcastle United.

"I was really enthused by what he had to say. Everyone connected with the club is looking forward to next season with great anticipation.

"These last few weeks have given me a real appreciation of what Newcastle is all about. It has been my best spell since I arrived."

And, of his contract situation, Owen added: "At the moment there is nothing on the table for me to consider so it's hard for me to make a statement about my future.

Owen, Butt and Beye all outstanding. At the risk of upsetting the Martins fanboys, we could have won by a couple more if his decision making was a bit better. How is Owen doing on the Mag-ness rating now acrossthepond?

Player of the season albeit with minimal competition

Owen, Butt and Beye all outstanding. At the risk of upsetting the Martins fanboys, we could have won by a couple more if his decision making was a bit better. How is Owen doing on the Mag-ness rating now acrossthepond?

Ask me again after he signs a new contract. ;)

But yes, putting two past the Mackems is a major bonus on the magness scale.

Ask me again after he signs a new contract. ;)

But yes, putting two past the Mackems is a major bonus on the magness scale.

Owen is quality. He can be having a terrible game, then win it for you with one chance, and he'll keep a lot of his prowess even without many physical attributes.

Martins has all the physical attributes to be utterly sensational (and sometimes he can be), but he's lacking that bit of quality and consistency so you never know quite what you'll get, although he's still well worth holding on to.

Keeping hold of both for the foreseeable future should be some of Keegan's biggest priorities, as I doubt we'll easily attract better than either in their own ways.

Fucking get in.

Owen, Barton and Taylor were the standouts IMO. Geremi was awful, he really must be replaced this summer. Thought Butt went to pieces second half as well.

Who cares, though, get the fuck in. ;)

I still maintain Kaka would be a good replacement for Geremi ;)

Well done to the team today, played ok and never looked in trouble. Would have been nice to really thrash them but any derby win is a welcome one.

Not since Robson have I enjoyed a post match interview. He and Keegan have the ability to tell you the truth as well as make you believe that anything is possible. :aye:

Genius appointment. ;):icon_lol::rolleyes:

Guest Patrokles
Fucking get in.

Owen, Barton and Taylor were the standouts IMO. Geremi was awful, he really must be replaced this summer. Thought Butt went to pieces second half as well.

Barton was no better than Geremi/ Geremi was no worse than Barton, to be fair.

Fucking get in.

Barton was no better than Geremi/ Geremi was no worse than Barton, to be fair.

Geremi is a strange one, his corners are abysmal and today his passing was shocking, yet he looks as though he'll set up a goal a game, usually for Owen!

I think overall since returned to the team under KK he has done a job for us, and has been involved in alot of goals, but some body has got to take the corners off him and obviously next season we need a better player to replace him in the team.

Anyone have any decent photo's of the crowd holding the cards up before kick off?

On a side note, I thought the guy singing Blaydon Races was fuckin' immense.