The Official Transfer Thread

Guest Stevie

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all ended in a dutch auction (said like you were there ) with the player probably preferring london and european football (probably now ? ohh you werent there ) - we came close but maybe next time we will land the catch - and all you planks slagging off stevie for posting it just lay off - its meant to be a discussion board and quite honestly its been the most entertaining thing on here for a while - there was substance to it so well done steve (no i am not brown nosing either) and if you get any more i hope you will share them with us.

so matter of fact , with fuck all knowledge of what went on .

So sorry didn't realise you were party to the discussions - tosspot - as is usual on a board where opinions are proffered and discussed (not derided by the likes of you) i was merely offering a point of view so smartarse i would suggest you back off

rocky1.jpg

"HADRIAAAAAAAN!"

:nufc:<_<

:rolleyes:

Little more embarrassing now, as I said, no? Fuck you, ewok.

The only thing that is embarassing is the length of this thread, we went in for a player and he chose another club, Jesus the hysteria in here is unbelievable.

Guest BigThompers

Write a chart topping song about it, arse bandit! :nufc:

It all ended in a dutch auction (said like you were there ) with the player probably preferring london and european football (probably now ? ohh you werent there ) - we came close but maybe next time we will land the catch - and all you planks slagging off stevie for posting it just lay off - its meant to be a discussion board and quite honestly its been the most entertaining thing on here for a while - there was substance to it so well done steve (no i am not brown nosing either) and if you get any more i hope you will share them with us.

so matter of fact , with fuck all knowledge of what went on .

So sorry didn't realise you were party to the discussions - tosspot - as is usual on a board where opinions are proffered and discussed (not derided by the likes of you) i was merely offering a point of view so smartarse i would suggest you back off

rocky1.jpg

"HADRIAAAAAAAN!"

:nufc:<_<

<_< I miss you gemmil :rolleyes:

The only thing that is embarassing is the length of this thread, we went in for a player and he chose another club, Jesus the hysteria in here is unbelievable.

why did he choose spurs before us, I think is the question [and the problem]

Because his Chairman said so?

They're in Europe?

Based in the capital?

Won a trophy this season?

They were willing to pay anything to get him and they're expecting to get the money back in the summer when Berbatov does off?

They're in Europe?

Based in the capital?

They were willing to pay anything to get him and they're expecting to get the money back in the summer when Berbatov does off?

some of those, but I wouldn't mind knowing. Keegan seemed confident though, so its some turnaround.

They're in Europe?

Based in the capital?

some of those, but I wouldn't mind knowing. Keegan seemed confident though, so its some turnaround.

Did t-keith pm you?

Ultimately none of us really know but to suggest that it's the chairman's or owner's fault is most likely wrong. Like any proper club Keegan has stated that he has a budget to spend, if he felt that he only wanted to spend X amount on him and Spurs offered more then fair enough, at the same time if he had've wanted to spend more of his budget on him then I think he would have been allowed to. This isn't about one player, it's about Keegan's budget for the entire transfer window and balancing our requirements.

Ultimately none of us really know but to suggest that it's the chairman's or owner's fault is most likely wrong. Like any proper club Keegan has stated that he has a budget to spend, if he felt that he only wanted to spend X amount on him and Spurs offered more then fair enough, at the same time if he had've wanted to spend more of his budget on him then I think he would have been allowed to. This isn't about one player, it's about Keegan's budget for the entire transfer window and balancing our requirements.

oh dear.

The insinuation that we weren't a "proper club" before............despite having the 5th most european qualifications in the country.

Ultimately, despite your protests, the last board must have did a fair few things right, and being prepared to pay the money to get their man was most definitely one of them, and something that the new board [and yourself] should not dismiss and in fact should take heed of.

You are right in saying that just now, nobody knows for sure [or we don't anyway] but Keegan was reportedly raging at this deal falling through and not very happy about something.

oh dear.

The insinuation that we weren't a "proper club" before............despite having the 5th most european qualifications in the country.

Ultimately, despite your protests, the last board must have did a fair few things right, and being prepared to pay the money to get their man was most definitely one of them, and something that the new board [and yourself] should not dismiss and in fact should take heed of.

You are right in saying that just now, nobody knows for sure [or we don't anyway] but Keegan was reportedly raging at this deal falling through and not very happy about something.

Source

They're in Europe?

Based in the capital?

Did t-keith pm you?

aye he did mate, but I'm still thinking of Morts comments, and Keegans reported reaction. Lets hope it is a one off, but I would rather hear Mort talking about wanting to get into the top clubs again asap than budgets and only buying players for the future.

Personally wouldn't have gone about £15m for this player and certainly not to £20m odd as some reports suggest.

its a lot, but if Keegan thinks he's worth it, I would do it

oh dear.

I think the previous board over extended themselves and that became evident when the dire nature of our finances was revealed whenever Ashley took over.

And no I don't think our club was being run properly before, look at the situation when Robson wanted Carrick yet Shepherd wanted Butt, who won in that instance and who has since been proven to have been right? The chairman/owner should decide the budget and after that the manager should have full control over how to spend it and that certainly wasn't the case under the old regime.

Are you blaming the board we didn't get him like Leazes? Howay man. We went in for him and didn't get him. Ambitious bid on the part of the board that didn't come off. Plain and simple. The way you try and make everything into an old board v the new board thing is canny tiresome like.

oh dear.

I think the previous board over extended themselves and that became evident when the dire nature of our finances was revealed whenever Ashley took over.

And no I don't think our club was being run properly before, look at the situation when Robson wanted Carrick yet Shepherd wanted Butt, who won in that instance and who has since been proven to have been right? The chairman/owner should decide the budget and after that the manager should have full control over how to spend it and that certainly wasn't the case under the old regime.

don't know where people keep getting this story from, I suspect its a case of someone spreading it, and people beleiving it because they want to.

Whats your opinion on Abramovic wanting to buy Shevchenko and Mourhinho not ? Does that make Abramovic a shit chairman/owner ? Basically, assuming its true and nobody knows it if is or not, if every chairman was shit on account of interfering, there would hardly be any who were any good at all. But don't let that stop you from continuing to think NUFC were the worst run club in the world despite qualifying for europe more than everybody but 4 teams.

I wouldn't suppose you are basing it on Souness accounts of him not being allowed to buy a couple of players he wanted, because we all know he's an utter shite.

Edited by LeazesMag

Are you blaming the board we didn't get him like Leazes? Howay man. We went in for him and didn't get him. Ambitious bid on the part of the board that didn't come off. Plain and simple. The way you try and make everything into an old board v the new board thing is canny tiresome like.

I'm not basing it on anything other than we didn't get him, and the comments that Mort has made for some months now don't fill me with optimism that they will go for the players that a club like us ought to do.

As I said, a statement or two of the intention to get into the top 4 and the aim to win a trophy or two would be more helpful, don't kid yourself I'm the only one thinking like this, because I'm not. There are lots of supporters out there who don't come onto these message boards.

Do you know why he chose Spurs instead of us, he did spend time training with us didn't he ?

I'm not basing it on anything other than we didn't get him, and the comments that Mort has made for some months now don't fill me with optimism that they will go for the players that a club like us ought to do.

As I said, a statement or two of the intention to get into the top 4 and the aim to win a trophy or two would be more helpful, don't kid yourself I'm the only one thinking like this, because I'm not. There are lots of supporters out there who don't come onto these message boards.

Do you know why he chose Spurs instead of us, he did spend time training with us didn't he ?

This wasn't a statement of intent? I give up to be honest.

Souness was a class Newcastle manager btw. When compared to many of those pre-Keegan.

Well I wouldn't go that far. Arthur Cox, Gordon Lee and Joe Harvey were miles better but I suppose putting him alongside the likes of Bill McGarry, Dinnis and Ardiles would be fair.

he didn't even come here did he? It was his brothers.

Who told you KK was seething LM?