The Official Transfer Thread

Guest Stevie

Did Spurs mug us when they made moves at the start of the season to get Ramos while we'd gone for Allardyce? Or is that different?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunne is supposed to be happening...

good buy imo , kev obv wants to work with him again aswell so that says alot also . edgar may turn out alright , but id never want to see him and tayls together for a few seasons yet .

Edgar is not going to make it imo. I wasnt impressed a fortnight ago and I was even less impressed on Saturday.

from a promising debut against ManU he's looked very nervous - jury out on this one now

Someone didn't seem to bothered about that Modric (whoever the fuck he is) a few months ago:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry416148

:rolleyes:

<_< And suddenly it's an indicator that the new board clearly have no ambition. :nufc:

its clearly positive proof that you're a clueless cunt, if you're defending being mugged again by a club like Spurs

If you were Modric why would you choose us over Spurs? They're a far more attractive proposition at the moment imo.

they certainly are if they offer him more money

You didn't answer my question, why should he have chosen us over them?

work it out for yourself dipshit

Spurs are only one place above us in the league by the way, but keep defending the fact they are smaller than us and have mugged us twice in 3 months. Long time since that last happened isn't it ?

Give me a few bullet points as to why we're the more attractive proposition. Here's why I reckon he may have chosen Spurs:

They've finished above us the past few seasons.

They've got a world reknowned manager.

They've won a cup this season.

They're in Europe next season.

They're based in London.

When you look at it it's hard to make a case for us being the more attractive option.

good buy imo , kev obv wants to work with him again aswell so that says alot also . edgar may turn out alright , but id never want to see him and tayls together for a few seasons yet .

Edgar is not going to make it imo. I wasnt impressed a fortnight ago and I was even less impressed on Saturday.

from a promising debut against ManU he's looked very nervous - jury out on this one now

He doesn't look ready. And I know I'm not Taylor's biggest fan but I do accept he was probably pushed into too much first team action too soon.

Someone didn't seem to bothered about that Modric (whoever the fuck he is) a few months ago:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry416148

:rolleyes:

<_< And suddenly it's an indicator that the new board clearly have no ambition. :nufc:

its clearly positive proof that you're a clueless cunt, if you're defending being mugged again by a club like Spurs

If you were Modric why would you choose us over Spurs? They're a far more attractive proposition at the moment imo.

they certainly are if they offer him more money

You didn't answer my question, why should he have chosen us over them?

work it out for yourself dipshit

Spurs are only one place above us in the league by the way, but keep defending the fact they are smaller than us and have mugged us twice in 3 months. Long time since that last happened isn't it ?

Give me a few bullet points as to why we're the more attractive proposition. Here's why I reckon he may have chosen Spurs:

They've finished above us the past few seasons.

They've got a world reknowned manager.

They've won a cup this season.

They're in Europe next season.

They're based in London.

When you look at it it's hard to make a case for us being the more attractive option.

Jimmy Greaves would love you

Ok then, which one of my points are false? Y'know your arguement is pointless unless you actually back it up with something so go on, explain why he should have signed for us.

If you're being dispassionate and ignore the 'potential' argument (which I normally do anyway) I think ewerk is correct. It's fucking annoying but it's a fact imo that Spurs are a bigger draw at present. They have been for a while too. I bet Jenas doesn't regret his move one bit, for example.

Ok then, which one of my points are false? Y'know your arguement is pointless unless you actually back it up with something so go on, explain why he should have signed for us.

I don't agree, and I can't be arsed to argue. They shouldn't be a better proposition than we are, is my view, and shelling out the money is one way to prove we are better, and probably the only way right now.

I don't agree, and I can't be arsed to argue. They shouldn't be a better proposition than we are, is my view, and shelling out the money is one way to prove we are better, and probably the only way right now.

Isn't that a bit contradictory though?

I don't see how having a billionaire owner makes us a better club than them right now.

I think you're looking at this through black and white tinted glasses and the fact that you can't put up a defence leads me to believe that you know that yourself. But if you don't want to discuss it then fair enough, we'll agree to disagree.

I don't see how having a billionaire owner makes us a better club than them right now.

I think you're looking at this through black and white tinted glasses and the fact that you can't put up a defence leads me to believe that you know that yourself. But if you don't want to discuss it then fair enough, we'll agree to disagree.

odd, but its others who have rose tinted specs - black and white ones - if Fat Fred was in charge and this happened you'd be slating for all its worth. Like I said, I can't be arsed, there's nowt to say, other than Spurs have mugged us twice [not happened in 20 years] but see it as you like. I think its a worrying indictment that we are getting mugged again by clubs smaller than we are.

I'd say that Spuds are at the minute the bigger club given the fact they were top 5 finishers for the past two years, becoming a fixture in the UEFA Cup, have one of the most highly (if not massively over) rated managers in the league and are in London.

Now if Leazes' mate hadn't made such a hash of the last couple of seasons before he left then maybe we'd be in a better position to attract this tye of player.

I'd say that Spuds are at the minute the bigger club given the fact they were top 5 finishers for the past two years, becoming a fixture in the UEFA Cup, have one of the most highly (if not massively over) rated managers in the league and are in London.

Now if Leazes' mate hadn't made such a hash of the last couple of seasons before he left then maybe we'd be in a better position to attract this tye of player.

Michael Owen and Oba Martins don't count then ?

"mate"......... :nufc:

one day people willl stop making things up

My gut feeling is that Edgar will turn out a goodun. :nufc:

Don't count in what?

If I remember correctly Martins wasn't exactly Luka Modric when he joined us and Owen came because we priced the next nearest bidder out by around £8 million and we offered him a sustantial amount of cash. I don't think either signed because we were their first choice but more due to the lack of interest/money offered by other clubs.

To me it looks like we got into a straight fight with Tottenham over Modric and got a bloody nose for the reasons listed in my earlier post. Now maybe if we'd offered £10 million more and 100k a week things would've been different but that is a daft way to do deals, especially as everything signals to a late, late bid by Spurs which tipped the scales in their favour.

My gut feeling is that Edgar will turn out a goodun. :nufc:

I thought so at first, last few games have made me wonder, but I'll go with the first impression too.

Don't count in what?

If I remember correctly Martins wasn't exactly Luka Modric when he joined us and Owen came because we priced the next nearest bidder out by around £8 million and we offered him a sustantial amount of cash. I don't think either signed because we were their first choice but more due to the lack of interest/money offered by other clubs.

To me it looks like we got into a straight fight with Tottenham over Modric and got a bloody nose for the reasons listed in my earlier post. Now maybe if we'd offered £10 million more and 100k a week things would've been different but that is a daft way to do deals, especially as everything signals to a late, late bid by Spurs which tipped the scales in their favour.

you implied that we didn't attract this type of player, so I'm saying - correctly - that we got our men

Nowt too difficult about that is there ?

Don't count in what?

you implied that we didn't attract this type of player, so I'm saying - correctly - that we got our men

From what I know the player didn't have much to do with it, regardless of his recent comments.

Don't count in what?

As i've mentioned Owen had a choice of us or the bench at Real Madrid and at the time Martins "wasn't that type of player".

I certainly wouldn't use those to try and prove your argument, especially as the only valid one originally came for money/so he'd be in the England squad later that summer. It was much less about the standing of the club, but what we were willing to offer on a financial basis.

odd, but its others who have rose tinted specs - black and white ones - if Fat Fred was in charge and this happened you'd be slating for all its worth. Like I said, I can't be arsed, there's nowt to say, other than Spurs have mugged us twice [not happened in 20 years] but see it as you like. I think its a worrying indictment that we are getting mugged again by clubs smaller than we are.

and no doubt you would be defending him for all its worth.

and no doubt you would be defending him for all its worth.

sadly for you, I don't recall him [and Hall Jnr don't forget] being mugged twice by smaller clubs like Spurs for players that the manager wanted, othewise I most certainly wouldn't, but maybe the fact that it didn't happen to them is still beyond your comprehension and might explain my "defence" of them , as you call it.

Right now Spurs are far more attractive than us. To say otherwise is ridiculous delusion.

No doubt if we'd have signed Modric you'd be complaining about him being a trophy signing rather than commending us for showing ambition by breaking our transfer record.

You really can't lose, can you?