The Official Transfer Thread

Guest Stevie

Are you blaming the board we didn't get him like Leazes? Howay man. We went in for him and didn't get him. Ambitious bid on the part of the board that didn't come off. Plain and simple. The way you try and make everything into an old board v the new board thing is canny tiresome like.

I'm not basing it on anything other than we didn't get him, and the comments that Mort has made for some months now don't fill me with optimism that they will go for the players that a club like us ought to do.

As I said, a statement or two of the intention to get into the top 4 and the aim to win a trophy or two would be more helpful, don't kid yourself I'm the only one thinking like this, because I'm not. There are lots of supporters out there who don't come onto these message boards.

Do you know why he chose Spurs instead of us, he did spend time training with us didn't he ?

This wasn't a statement of intent? I give up to be honest.

Different to Rooney ?

He chose Spurs, we didn't get our man. He didn't choose Manu or Chelsea instead of us, he chose fucking Spurs man !!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Souness was a class Newcastle manager btw. When compared to many of those pre-Keegan.

Well I wouldn't go that far. Arthur Cox, Gordon Lee and Joe Harvey were miles better but I suppose putting him alongside the likes of Bill McGarry, Dinnis and Ardiles would be fair.

I wasn't being entirely serious, believe it or not.

Are you blaming the board we didn't get him like Leazes? Howay man. We went in for him and didn't get him. Ambitious bid on the part of the board that didn't come off. Plain and simple. The way you try and make everything into an old board v the new board thing is canny tiresome like.

I'm not basing it on anything other than we didn't get him, and the comments that Mort has made for some months now don't fill me with optimism that they will go for the players that a club like us ought to do.

As I said, a statement or two of the intention to get into the top 4 and the aim to win a trophy or two would be more helpful, don't kid yourself I'm the only one thinking like this, because I'm not. There are lots of supporters out there who don't come onto these message boards.

Do you know why he chose Spurs instead of us, he did spend time training with us didn't he ?

Different to Rooney ?

He chose Spurs, we didn't get our man. He didn't choose Manu or Chelsea instead of us, he chose fucking Spurs man !!!

You know, Damian Duff chose us over Liverpool.

Souness was a class Newcastle manager btw. When compared to many of those pre-Keegan.

Well I wouldn't go that far. Arthur Cox, Gordon Lee and Joe Harvey were miles better but I suppose putting him alongside the likes of Bill McGarry, Dinnis and Ardiles would be fair.

I wasn't being entirely serious, believe it or not.

I know

He was and still is a cunt and the biggest cunt alongside McGarry who's ever managed the club in my time

its been the boards failt , morts a scrooge and think's he can fart around on deals and nobody else will come in on them . spurs have mugged him twice now .

modric chose nobody , his club did that for him .

Different to Rooney ?

I know he did, I do mention it now and again.

Different to Rooney ?

Very different to Rooney, we had a chance of signing Modric, anyone with half a brain knew that by bidding for Rooney we would force ManU to show their hand and that he would inevitably end up there.

Different to Rooney ?

The point being you can't look at this one deal, or even this and the Woodgate one and say it's down to the board or whatever. Players will always make certain decisions etc. I think Spurs are just a more attractive proposition than us for a number of reasons at present.

Different to Rooney ?

Very different to Rooney, we had a chance of signing Modric, anyone with half a brain knew that by bidding for Rooney we would force ManU to show their hand and that he would inevitably end up there.

in other words, you want the best player, that will win you the trophies, so you pay the money then ?

Thanks.

Edited by LeazesMag

don't know where people keep getting this story from, I suspect its a case of someone spreading it, and people beleiving it because they want to.

Whats your opinion on Abramovic wanting to buy Shevchenko and Mourhinho not ? Does that make Abramovic a shit chairman/owner ? Basically, assuming its true and nobody knows it if is or not, if every chairman was shit on account of interfering, there would hardly be any who were any good at all. But don't let that stop you from continuing to think NUFC were the worst run club in the world despite qualifying for europe more than everybody but 4 teams.

I wouldn't suppose you are basing it on Souness accounts of him not being allowed to buy a couple of players he wanted, because we all know he's an utter shite.

I wouldn't believe a word Souness said, SBR on the other hand has spoken of Shepherd's interference in transfers.

And whilst I don't agree with Abamovich's interference in transfers I don't think the signing of Shevchenko impacted on the rest of Mourinho's 'budget' as he seemingly had an open cheque book for a while so the point is moot.

I don't want to linger on the past, I'd rather focus on the now and the future. Keegan has a budget (and a seemingly considerable one at that) and has already spoken about how he is free to spend it as he wishes. It seems he didn't want to spend too much of it on this player yet Ramos was, that's the end of the story as far as I'm concerned, all this talk of how the board has/hasn't backed him is irrelevant at this point in time.

Different to Rooney ?

The point being you can't look at this one deal, or even this and the Woodgate one and say it's down to the board or whatever. Players will always make certain decisions etc. I think Spurs are just a more attractive proposition than us for a number of reasons at present.

Well, just right now, I'm pretty pissed off with this, the only people who can convince me they have real ambition is Mort and Ashley and to date they are far from showing it.

Different to Rooney ?

in other words, you want the best player, that will win you the trophies, so you pay the money then ?

Thanks.

I don't really get your point there, please expand on it.

FURIOUS Kevin Keegan wants an explanation after losing out on Croatian star Luka Modric.

Newcastle boss Keegan was convinced Modric was all set for Tyneside only to discover Spurs had sealed a £20million deal with Dinamo Zagreb.

After parading Modric at training this week, Keegan was raging yesterday at the Geordie's team hotel before the 2-2 draw at West Ham.

West Ham 2, Newcastle 2: Click here for full report and picture special

Tottenham 1, Bolton 1: Click here for full report and picture special

A Newcastle source said: "It was difficult to calm Kevin down, he was furious.

"It's a major embarrassment as Kevin felt getting Modric would have been the perfect message to Newcastle fans."

Striker Modric has been a target for top clubs including Chelsea and Arsenal after his form for Croatia in their Euro 2008 qualifying campaign.

Different to Rooney ?

Well, just right now, I'm pretty pissed off with this, the only people who can convince me they have real ambition is Mort and Ashley and to date they are far from showing it.

Keegan has said he's free to spend £25m on one player should he wish to, what more do you want? There aren't many managers who can claim that.

FURIOUS Kevin Keegan wants an explanation after losing out on Croatian star Luka Modric.

Newcastle boss Keegan was convinced Modric was all set for Tyneside only to discover Spurs had sealed a £20million deal with Dinamo Zagreb.

After parading Modric at training this week, Keegan was raging yesterday at the Geordie's team hotel before the 2-2 draw at West Ham.

"It's a major embarrassment as Kevin felt getting Modric would have been the perfect message to Newcastle fans."

Striker Modric has been a target for top clubs including Chelsea and Arsenal after his form for Croatia in their Euro 2008 qualifying campaign.

Was Patrokles the 'Newcastle source'?

Where's that from?

Not good if it's true.

Jesus fucking wept, it must be fucking true :nufc:

What a big pile of steaming hot, shit stirring shite.

id 100% agree if this whole deal didnt look as if its went down like that , im no itk , but i get a couple of titbits here and there , and apparently half our squad thought it was a done deal aswell as keegan .

Edited by Hadrian

:nufc:

its been the boards failt , morts a scrooge and think's he can fart around on deals and nobody else will come in on them . spurs have mugged him twice now .

its been the boards failt (you don't know cos you weren't there) morts a scrooge and think's he can fart around on deals and nobody else will come in on them (err you don't know cos you weren't there) spurs have mugged him twice now (again, you don't know cos you weren't there on either occasion)

So thats bollocks based on bollocks all knowledge (cos you weren't there)

its been the boards failt (you don't know cos you weren't there) morts a scrooge and think's he can fart around on deals and nobody else will come in on them (err you don't know cos you weren't there) spurs have mugged him twice now (again, you don't know cos you weren't there on either occasion)

So thats bollocks based on bollocks all knowledge (cos you weren't there)

:nufc: honest , read the thread mate , cbh getting into it with you .