The Official Transfer Thread

Guest Stevie

Guest Patrokles
Some desperate attempts to make ourselves feel better over this. Listen, let's not sugar-coat it or pretend we don't care. This is a massive disappointment, and a little embarrassing.

If you're including me in that, you're wrong. I'm not trying to make myself feel better, as I've never seen this lad play and have no idea how good he is, so I genuinely am not arsed that we didn't get him.

Is it really a "massive disappointment" for you? Just how much do you know about this kid to be so massively disappointed?

Wasn't including you. And, yes, it's a massive disappointment, potentially. It's disappointing because he was one of the better players we could realistically get. We'll see who else comes in. I just don't want another summer of shite signings.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you what though, now he's gone to Spurs I hope he's fucking shite!

Re a summer of shite signings: that's not gonna happen. Keegan will have no knackers as part of the Kevolution.

Guest Patrokles
I tell you what though, now he's gone to Spurs I hope he's fucking shite!

Then it really would be Duff in reverse. :D

If he's gone to Spurs for an extra 10 bob a week - fuck him.

If he's gone to Spurs because its in London - fuck him.

If he was given time to think on it and went to speak to Spurs - fuck him.

I hope he's as gutless as Maric - would suit Spurs in that case.

Guest Patrokles

Unfortunately, though, these are all problems we're going to face right now. Perhaps he went to Spurs to play European football? The draw of London is far bigger than that of Newcastle for a player who has no allegiance to either club, and has never played at either venue. That's the unfortunate reality.

I hope stevie doesn't stop with his predictions if they're like this, this had some genuine substance behind it and was really interesting while it was going on I'm sure we'll land one or two if he keeps it up :D

Unfortunately, though, these are all problems we're going to face right now. Perhaps he went to Spurs to play European football? The draw of London is far bigger than that of Newcastle for a player who has no allegiance to either club, and has never played at either venue. That's the unfortunate reality.

Of course - nothing new - but that doesn't mean I can't decide to irrationally hate him and hope he gets injured in the Euros.

It's embarrassing because the common consensus is that we either didn't offer him reasonable wages, or we didn't match what Spurs offered his club. It would have been a statement of intent to really push this one through, and we were in pole position, and essentially, we blew it.

What a load of absolute shite.

You nor anyone else on this board has a fucking clue what happened. All we know is that he spoke to us earlier in the week, we have no idea how long he has been speaking to Spurs and what affected his decision. You say we were in pole position, again you have absolutely no idea if this was true. So stop acting as if this is the most embarassing thing to happen us, it's a minor blip, no one outside of Newcastle is really going to give a fuck that we lost out on him.

A lot of people overreacting here because we lost out on a player (who is hardly a household name) to a club which is a lot more attractive than us. There's no point in sitting feeling sorry for ourselves, I'm sure there are plenty of equally talented players out there for us.

If Modric was in Toon on tues, it looks like he was hear to talk to Ashleys London bum chums from spurs, not the Newcastle "scouting team".

All this Ashley/Kemesley crap is starting to look a bit suspect. :D

Kemsley is no longer on the Spurs board.

Guest Patrokles
It's embarrassing because the common consensus is that we either didn't offer him reasonable wages, or we didn't match what Spurs offered his club. It would have been a statement of intent to really push this one through, and we were in pole position, and essentially, we blew it.

You nor anyone else on this board has a fucking clue what happened. All we know is that he spoke to us earlier in the week, we have no idea how long he has been speaking to Spurs and what affected his decision. You say we were in pole position, again you have absolutely no idea if this was true. So stop acting as if this is the most embarassing thing to happen us, it's a minor blip, no one outside of Newcastle is really going to give a fuck that we lost out on him.

A lot of people overreacting here because we lost out on a player (who is hardly a household name) to a club which is a lot more attractive than us. There's no point in sitting feeling sorry for ourselves, I'm sure there are plenty of equally talented players out there for us.

Sorry, I can't help but read all your posts in my head with this angry Sinn Fein Irishman voice and it's really hard to take any of it seriously.

In all fairness, you never really say anything worth reading anyway, so I'm alright with that. :D

Sorry, I can't help but read all your posts in my head with this angry Sinn Fein Irishman voice and it's really hard to take any of it seriously.

In all fairness, you never really say anything worth reading anyway, so I'm alright with that. :D

Well done, just ignore everything I've said, I'll take that as an admission that you realise you were talking bollocks.

I'm aye disappointed, can't lie. It really seemed as though we were going to get him and to be robbed by Spuds of all shiteating clubs is agonising.

That said, people trying to roast Stevie in this thread are just bitter. He provided decent information, it wasn't a complete bollocks story at all. There was some substance, looked like we would make the signing, and it's fallen through.

On to greater things I suppose! :D

It's a weird one. Just like Gemmill I've never seen this guy in action. Never even really heard of him before this week. But having all week heard a lot of praise for him from all sorts of neutral fans, and hearing today he's opted for Spurs is a little disappointing.

However hearing the fee was over £15m is somewhat healing... fuck that!

PS: I've just seen this video of the Spurs fans celebrating their new signing:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=21...h&plindex=3

It's a weird one. Just like Gemmill I've never seen this guy in action. Never even really heard of him before this week. But having all week heard a lot of praise for him from all sorts of neutral fans, and hearing today he's opted for Spurs is a little disappointing.

However hearing the fee was over £15m is somewhat healing... fuck that!

PS: I've just seen this video of the Spurs fans celebrating their new signing:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=21...h&plindex=3

Good players are more expensive right now due to more clubs in the PL having more cash to spend.

Looks like we've lost the deal and it perhaps was a strategic descision not to pay over a certain amount. We can't carry on like that however or we'll lose every player there is competition to sign.

from what i can gather , modric didnt have much choice of where he was going , spurs reps flew out to zagreb and signed the deal off . he'd been pimped around and got told where he was going . i think we thought we'd have more time , i hope they didnt like cos thats a bad sign for things to come , unless they wise up (sorry, had to)

Edited by Hadrian

from what i can gather , modric didnt have much choice of where he was going , spurs reps flew out to zagreb and signed the deal off . he'd been pimped around and got told where he was going . i think we thought we'd have more time , i hope they didnt like cos thats a bad sign for things to come , unless they wise up (sorry, had to)

:D I think this is what looks to have happened here tbh, Zagreb have just sent him where they were going to be getting more for him.