The Official Transfer Thread

Guest Stevie

Leeds have done more than Bolton in the last 10-15 years but I doubt many players will think about that. They will look at where the club is NOW and unfortunately we have been shit for a number of years.

More highly rated manager.

European Football.

Cup winning season.

Based in the capital.

As much as you want to argue about the whole "5th best club" etc etc.. the fact is right now they are a more attractive club. If we had replaced Robson with a manager who was even close to his level then maybe it would be a different story and we can't blame that on Ashley and Mort.

Totally agree, sadly.

Still find it quite amusing that people keep bringing up Leeds, as if to prove some point to be honest, the point being to misrepresent the old board.

Simple fact is that its a complete one off, and anybody who thinks Bolton are a bigger and better club than Leeds is a total wanker. Do I take it that as Bolton are being mentioned here, Allardyce was a justified and worthy appointment by the old board for doing a lot better than Leeds ?

Also highly amusing that people focus on the last few years of Shepherd and the Halls and completely discount the previous 12 or 13, not even mentioning the state the club was in when they found it in comparison to how they left it. Shouldn't need this pointing out though, the Champions League qualification, UEFA Cup qualifications, 2 FA Cup Finals and a sell out 52,000 crowd for a decade really speaks for itself. Who exactly are all these superior clubs that didn't match that ?

It's Ashley's club now, aye. I've only pointed out that Spurs [ a smaller club than us] have mugged us for the first time in 20 years. Do you think that NUFC should act like the big club we think we are or not ?

The Leeds thing isn't really a fair comparison as their wages had reached 88% of income and they didn't own 5/6 of their key players so they couldn't even sell out of trouble.

The Leeds thing is just clutching at straws by people over eager to slate the old board for anything they can think of.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if we got any Keegan bandwagoners in the second coming?

no mate, because they are still here from the last time, despite our huge decline

no mate, because they are still here from the last time, despite our huge decline

Be nice if we see nearly all the kids in the area wearing Toon tops again instead of the Man Utd, Chelsea etc. ones you get now.

Well fair play to them for putting up with at least a little bit of shite if not full on nastiness.

As much as Roeder/Souness were terrible at least it was top flight terrible.

Well fair play to them for putting up with at least a little bit of shite if not full on nastiness.

well, one positive thing is that if we win a cup in the next 3 years, then the man who deserves the credit will hopefully be there to do the honours, the thought of a cunt like Souness making history on the back of what Keegan built left me with mixed feelings to put it mildly

Be nice if we see nearly all the kids in the area wearing Toon tops again instead of the Man Utd, Chelsea etc. ones you get now.

Where's that?

Blame the parents I say ;)

well, one positive thing is that if we win a cup in the next 3 years, then the man who deserves the credit will hopefully be there to do the honours, the thought of a cunt like Souness making history on the back of what Keegan built left me with mixed feelings to put it mildly

I had a feeling Souness might have pulled off something like the Uefa or the League Cup with us and I know what you mean. We'd have been saddled with him for a lot longer. With potentially disastrous results.

The thread title needs changing to be honest.

The Official transfer thread or something?

well if you do that, then it'll go on for a while because the summer hasn't even started yet

;)

I had a feeling Souness might have pulled off something like the Uefa or the League Cup with us and I know what you mean. We'd have been saddled with him for a lot longer. With potentially disastrous results.

it was a bloke at work who gave me that thought, leading up to the semi final with manure. I was on about winning it and he said something like "you can just see his face holding the trophy can't you"........

well if you do that, then it'll go on for a while because the summer hasn't even started yet

Mordric moving to spurs means it has for me.

It's just a tad embarrassing having 'Modric' in the title.

I fucking hate Spurs ;)

I fucking hate Spurs :razz:

You're a mod, just make that the title ;)

I fucking hate Spurs :razz:

You're a mod, just make that the title ;)

as good a title as owt else

Ok I'll run wild in this one, but take it with a pinch of salt.

We're currently in for:

Cruz

Dunne

Cuellar

which cruz would that be?

We're currently in for:

Cruz

Dunne

Cuellar

Roque Santa Cruz.

hmm, I'm not sure about this one then

he's done excellent for blackburn this season obviously but prior to that he's been a crock for his whole carreer, we'd have to pay through the nose for him and he could well end up another one season wonder like mccarthy seems to have done

We're currently in for:

Cruz

Dunne

Cuellar

Roque Santa Cruz.

hmm, I'm not sure about this one then

he's done excellent for blackburn this season obviously but prior to that he's been a crock for his whole carreer, we'd have to pay through the nose for him and he could well end up another one season wonder like mccarthy seems to have done

True.