The Official Transfer Thread

Guest Stevie

I've heard some really bad reasons why Woodgate wanted to be out of the north east but I can't post them :nufc:

Drugs, gangsters etc allegedly.

I've heard different, allegedly.

"allegedly" won't save your skin BTW

That's why im not posting any of the alleged events.

:rolleyes:

wouldn't mind a pm either Keith mate ?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember the old board not signing players because they wouldn't meet the asking price or fannied about trying to get players on the cheap anyway.

the point is that you should not criticise the board for showing ambition but you and others fail to appreciate this.

Football is all about taking risks, if you want the club to operate in the safety zone, stand by for real mediocrity, I'm amazed that this point is still not understood

Was Viana not European youth player of the year or something like that? hopefully Modric's career heads the same way :nufc: . Shame that he wanted to come here but was forced into going to Spurs like.

Edited by Barton7

I seem to remember the old board not signing players because they wouldn't meet the asking price or fannied about trying to get players on the cheap anyway.

Michael Carrick comes to mind, Freddie wouldn't even put up the £2.5m for him believing that a Geordie would always choose us over anyone else, given the £15m+ profit Spurs made on him it makes Shepherd look more than a little foolish.

Boa Morte, Distin, Anelka, Kleberson etc etc...

Obviously not all bad but surely a "good board" will always back their manager :nufc:

eer........Woodgate, Bellamy, Owen, Robert, Milner, Jeanarse, Cort, Viana, Martins......... even flops like Luque and Boumsong, prove differently.

Knew you wouldn't get it though

Shame you advocat backing their manager for EVERY player he wants then slate them for "overspending".

Don't expect you won't see your hypocrisy either, see Jon I accept they have made mistakes but have never criticised them for "overspending" because I hold the view that they should back their managers to the utmost that they can.

If players are turning us down because others are offering more money, the penny will soon drop, not that you would admit it.

There is taking risks and there is running the club further and further into debt. Wonder if Leeds fans are glad that Ridsdale took so many risks.

I bet Liverpool fans are glad they have Torres

A bloke I was with on the way back yesterday blamed Sir John Hall for everything that went wrong as he was the majority share holder.

wasn't me even though I've touched on this in the past

A bloke I was with on the way back yesterday blamed Sir John Hall for everything that went wrong as he was the majority share holder.

Yeh he was saying that every bad decision Freddie made should have been counteracted by Sir John Hall.

Yeh he was saying that every bad decision Freddie made should have been counteracted by Sir John Hall.

That's bollocks though. Shepherd was the Chairman - he was in charge, not Hall.

Obviously not all bad but surely a "good board" will always back their manager :nufc:

eer........Woodgate, Bellamy, Owen, Robert, Milner, Jeanarse, Cort, Viana, Martins......... even flops like Luque and Boumsong, prove differently.

Shame you advocat backing their manager for EVERY player he wants then slate them for "overspending".

Don't expect you won't see your hypocrisy either, see Jon I accept they have made mistakes but have never criticised them for "overspending" because I hold the view that they should back their managers to the utmost that they can.

If players are turning us down because others are offering more money, the penny will soon drop, not that you would admit it.

Quite ironic really.

Yes we did sign the players mentioned, so we missed out on Modric I am fairly certain we will sign someone else instead. Remember we got Bellamy, Robert and Luque (maybe even Owen) because we missed out on our first choices.

Don't let that stop you though :rolleyes:

Surely a majority shareholder could overturn the decisions though?

There is taking risks and there is running the club further and further into debt. Wonder if Leeds fans are glad that Ridsdale took so many risks.

Sure they wouldn't be if it meant up them ending up like Leeds. No that I can see that happening but I don't think we could have carried on the way we were under Shepherd.

You don't appoint a chairman of a PLC and then overrule all of his decisions. Could Hall have done something about it? Probably, but not to the extent of taking over operations or anything.

You don't appoint a chairman of a PLC and then overrule all of his decisions. Could Hall have done something about it? Probably, but not to the extent of taking over operations or anything.

Fair play then. It wasn't my argument in the first place :nufc:

Fair play then. It wasn't my argument in the first place :nufc:

John Hall deserves a lot of credit for what he did up until around about the time they effectively forced Keegan out. From that point on he pretty much eroded his credit (moral that is, he built up his personal wealth - although that is the issue) to the point where he's at least indirectly probably done as much to harm the club as he did to help it over all.

Plus he's directly responsible for Fecklass Hall, someone that genuinely is deserving of a public stoning.

haha........slightly different that one like.

I just think they are all to blame for the mistakes, and don't understand how the Halls get away with it.

Slightly different is the fact that Hall Snr gets the credit for appointing Keegan, when it was Shepherd, Hall Jnr and Fletcher who did it that, and also Sir John who was responsible for the decision to float the club that led to losing Keegan.

Yet he gets all the credit for Keegan part 1. I reckon he got very lucky ie Keegan, and buggered off with money for doing fuck all just as much if not more than anybody else.

Sure they wouldn't be if it meant up them ending up like Leeds. No that I can see that happening but I don't think we could have carried on the way we were under Shepherd.

I don't agree. Newcastle are much bigger and better than Leeds for starters. Anyway, its quite interesting to see Keegan saying how much bigger and better the structure of the club is since he left. I take it its anybody but Shepherd responsible for this and the "planning" that went into it ?

Quite ironic really.

Yes we did sign the players mentioned, so we missed out on Modric I am fairly certain we will sign someone else instead. Remember we got Bellamy, Robert and Luque (maybe even Owen) because we missed out on our first choices.

Don't let that stop you though :rolleyes:

hopefully, but I find it a bit worrying when its happened twice in 3 months to Spurs

Well it seems fairly common knowledge Woodgate wanted to get away from the North East so thats no surprise. Looks like we set a target for Modric and stuck to it. Its a huge gamble so I am glad we didn't just keep going. Will be interesting to see what happens in the summer.

I don't think they should be judged until the end of the summer. When they have had a full "proper" transfer window to work in.

Edited by Gejon

It all ended in a dutch auction (said like you were there ) with the player probably preferring london and european football (probably now ? ohh you werent there ) - we came close but maybe next time we will land the catch - and all you planks slagging off stevie for posting it just lay off - its meant to be a discussion board and quite honestly its been the most entertaining thing on here for a while - there was substance to it so well done steve (no i am not brown nosing either) and if you get any more i hope you will share them with us.

so matter of fact , with fuck all knowledge of what went on .

So sorry didn't realise you were party to the discussions - tosspot - as is usual on a board where opinions are proffered and discussed (not derided by the likes of you) i was merely offering a point of view so smartarse i would suggest you back off

It all ended in a dutch auction (said like you were there ) with the player probably preferring london and european football (probably now ? ohh you werent there ) - we came close but maybe next time we will land the catch - and all you planks slagging off stevie for posting it just lay off - its meant to be a discussion board and quite honestly its been the most entertaining thing on here for a while - there was substance to it so well done steve (no i am not brown nosing either) and if you get any more i hope you will share them with us.

so matter of fact , with fuck all knowledge of what went on .

So sorry didn't realise you were party to the discussions - tosspot - as is usual on a board where opinions are proffered and discussed (not derided by the likes of you) i was merely offering a point of view so smartarse i would suggest you back off

rocky1.jpg

"HADRIAAAAAAAN!"

:nufc::rolleyes: