The Official Transfer Thread

Guest Stevie

the 'new drogba' .... what a fucking title to tag the lad with . he will go down great here when he's as shit as drogba was when he first arrived , that pricetag is a bit of a kick in the nuts aswell after the modric deal ;)

Magpies keen on Gomis

Race is on to snap up French prospect

Newcastle are rumoured to be one of a number of teams chasing St Etienne's Bafetimbi Gomis.

The striker was keen to secure a move away from Les Verts last summer, but was eventually persuaded to stay.

However, after another impressive season which has brought 14 goals in 31 appearances he is keen to secure a move to a bigger club.

At just 22-years-old his potential has attracted interest from a host of teams across Europe, with scouts consistently descending on the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard to get a look at the "new Drogba".

Ligue 1 giants Marseille and Spanish outfit Sevilla are believed to have had Gomis watched on several occasions, while Arsenal scout Gilles Grimandi is a regular visitor to St Etienne.

However, despite the interest from elsewhere, it is understood that Newcastle are preparing to make the first move by testing the French club's resistance with an offer of around 18million euros (£14million).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooo, i've seen a couple of mentions of us being interested in bringing Joaquin in from Valencia. That is one player I'd be very happy to see play for us, in fact tbh I'm a little surprised there's not been more interest from the 'top four'. ;)

Guest Patrokles
Ooo, i've seen a couple of mentions of us being interested in bringing Joaquin in from Valencia. That is one player I'd be very happy to see play for us, in fact tbh I'm a little surprised there's not been more interest from the 'top four'. ;)

Mentions from tribalfootball and a site that copies directly from tribal. He'd be a good signing, but it's not going to happen.

They are just waiting for us to start talks before they jump in at the end.

Guest BigThompers
Mort and owner Mike Ashley have already sanctioned the manager's summer recruitment plans, although they suffered early frustration when Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Luka Modric turned down a more lucrative deal to join Tottenham instead.

Writing in his programme notes for Monday's Premier League clash with Chelsea, Mort said: "Over the summer, we will look to strengthen the squad further.

"In addition to making any immediate fixes that may be required, as with everything else we have done since Mike acquired the club, we will want to acquire players that can help make Newcastle United a top team for the medium and long-term, not just for the next season or two.

"That is why we put a substantial offer in for Luka Modric, who is aged 22.

"It is frustrating that Modric, like (Jonathan) Woodgate before him, should take less money than we offered to move to the bright lights of London, and European football with Tottenham next season, but these are the sorts of difficulties that should get easier to address once we build a squad that competes at the right end of the table."

Who was mentioning something about not competing financially with Spurs? was it Verlaine?

Guest Patrokles
Mort and owner Mike Ashley have already sanctioned the manager's summer recruitment plans, although they suffered early frustration when Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Luka Modric turned down a more lucrative deal to join Tottenham instead.

Writing in his programme notes for Monday's Premier League clash with Chelsea, Mort said: "Over the summer, we will look to strengthen the squad further.

"In addition to making any immediate fixes that may be required, as with everything else we have done since Mike acquired the club, we will want to acquire players that can help make Newcastle United a top team for the medium and long-term, not just for the next season or two.

"That is why we put a substantial offer in for Luka Modric, who is aged 22.

"It is frustrating that Modric, like (Jonathan) Woodgate before him, should take less money than we offered to move to the bright lights of London, and European football with Tottenham next season, but these are the sorts of difficulties that should get easier to address once we build a squad that competes at the right end of the table."

Who was mentioning something about not competing financially with Spurs? was it Verlaine?

You realise, of course, fuckwit, that- if this isn't just some face-saving exercise- this is even worse; players snubbing us for Spurs for reasons other than money (which is all we can offer over them right now.)? Of course, how the football club does is secondary to you, as long as you have points to score on the message boards.

Guest BigThompers

I'm pleased he picked Spurs. Do you want a player that would choose money over European football? I don't. Let's punch at our weight, then sign top players when they want to come for the right reasons, no?

I think Modric wanted to come but his agent sold him to the highest bidder.

I dont think we will have much problem signing players this summer.

I think 50 thousand fans, a shit load of money, Keegan and the fact we are on the up should be enough,

I'm pleased he picked Spurs. Do you want a player that would choose money over European football? I don't. Let's punch at our weight, then sign top players when they want to come for the right reasons, no?

We won't get them until we start doing that, it's going to take time.

• 1 month later...

Who is missing?

Arda Turan

Andrei Arshavin

Bafetimbi Gomis

Richard Dunne

Diego

Mario Gomez

Dimitar Berbatov

Thierry Henry

Peter Crouch

Guy Demel,

Boa Morte

Kapo

Danny Guthrie

Aaron Spear

Thanassis Papazoglou

Sebastian Larsson

John Arne Risse

Gareth Barry

Emiliano Insua

Jack Hobbs

Jose Antonio Reyes

Daniel Alves

Anthony Gardner

Nikola Zigic

Deco

Dean Ashton

Michael Dawson

Mikel Arteta

Pablo Aimar

Oscar Cardozo

Carlos Cuellar

Luka Modric

Fabricio Coloccini

Djbrill Cisse

Joaquin

Kieran Westwood

Gary Madine

Wayne Hennessy

Eren Derdiyok

Achille Emana

Sidney Govou

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Juan Manuel Vargas

Miguel Veloso

Jonny Evans

Amara Diane

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Edgar Davids

Aidan McGeady

Jonathan Woodgate

Roque Santa Cruz

Sol Campbell

Steven Davis

Andrew Johnson

Stephen Ireland

Leighton Baines

Steve Sidwell

Giles Barnes

Lassana Diarra

Mamadou Sakho

Sam Vokes

Aimar To Talk To Newcastle

Pablo Aimar is open to the possibility of a transfer to Newcastle, according to his agent Gustavo Muscardi.

Aimar joined Real Zaragoza after falling out of favour at Valencia two years ago, and was one of Los Blanquillos better performers in a ultimately dismal campaign, that saw the club relegated.

Although signed for a fee in the region of £10 million, Aimar is thought to be available for half that amount, as Zaragoza seek to rectify their impending financial problems.

The 28-year-old has attracted interest from a host of clubs around Europe according to his agent, with teams in France, Germany, Greece, Italy and Portugal all sounding out the possibility of a transfer. Panathanaikos and Benfica are just two of the clubs that have thus far registered an interest in the Argentinean.

However, Muscardi admits that the player is intent on a move to the Premier League, and that Newcastle have made inquiries about Aimar’s availability.

He told the press: “Newcastle have asked about Aimar’s situation — that is certain.

“There has still not been any formal offer for us and Zaragoza to study, but the Premier League would be perfect for him, and I want to speak with Newcastle to take things forward.”

I reckon £7m should do it.

Aimar is probably a more realsitc target than the likes of Van Der Vart or Arshavin and is possibly capable of better than them too. Whether he ever recaputre that type of form is probably questionable though and he doesn't realy fit in with the young up and comers strategy we are supposed to be following.

Would be worth a punt at the money they are sugeesting though!

Toon track Acquafresca [Football Italia - www.channel4.com/footballitalia]

Newcastle have been linked with a move for Cagliari’s 20-year-old striker Robert Acquafresca, according to local reports. The Azzurrini star is co-owned by Cagliari and Inter and his future must be sorted out this summer. Last season he played 32 times for the Isolani and scored 10 go

Newcastle have been linked with a move for Cagliari’s 20-year-old striker Robert Acquafresca, according to local reports. The Azzurrini star is co-owned by Cagliari and Inter and his future must be sorted out this summer. Last season he played 32 times for the Isolani and scored 10 go

Fresh water?

Fresh water?

Please, I'm parched.

Inter have meant to of bought Cagliari’s 50% but loaning him back for the season.