Ipswich close in on Ameobi deal

Jimbo

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could imagine him staying to 'fight for his place' like.

*whince* Aye, think you could be right there Besty, lad *whince*

Translates to: I'm getting married shortly so i want to stay in the area.

I'm confident KK will peddle the useless cunt one way or another after his trying to get out of a reserve game escapade.

Its best for him and the club if he moves on as clearly Keegan will not be using him much and i think he could well fall below Carroll quite quickly in the pecking order.

Stoke are in the prem for 1 season anyway, so if he doesnt really fancy it there he should use it to get himself something better if he thinks he can.

What a fucking cling on. Like a piece of shit that just won't drop.

Take the fucking hint you fucking useless cunt

Again, irony overload.

Possibly having your pettiest day yet, (which has to be as spectacular as it is depressing)

Your pointless disagreement is ruining this thread. :)

Its best for him and the club if he moves on as clearly Keegan will not be using him much and i think he could well fall below Carroll quite quickly in the pecking order.

Stoke are in the prem for 1 season anyway, so if he doesnt really fancy it there he should use it to get himself something better if he thinks he can.

Aye, it'd be best for him to go.

Again, irony overload.

Possibly having your pettiest day yet, (which has to be as spectacular as it is depressing)

Your pointless disagreement is ruining this thread. :lol:

Fop, you have become a shadow of your former cleft.

Again, irony overload.

Your pointless disagreement is ruining this thread. :lol:

Fop, you have become a shadow of your former cleft.

I completely agree. But your pointless OT disagreement is ruining this thread. :lol:

Apparently it's off and Derby want him for £2.5M.

If he didn't want to go to Stoke, why would he go to Derby? Not in the prem next year and about as far away from the toon.

Should have told him that Stoke is right next to Newcastle. Newcastle-under-Lyme anyway.

Guest alex
Apparently it's off and Derby want him for £2.5M.

If he didn't want to go to Stoke, why would he go to Derby? Not in the prem next year and about as far away from the toon.

Should have told him that Stoke is right next to Newcastle. Newcastle-under-Lyme anyway.

I wonder if the penny has dropped that he isn't good enough and he fancies a spell in the Championship. I agree, it seems strange.

SHOLA AMEOBI was today the subject of an ambitious move from MLS side Toronto FC, who would love to sign the former England Under-21 striker.

The BMO Field outfit would join Norwich City and Middlesbrough as teams tracking Ameobi, after the player indicated he did not want to go to Stoke.

Former Newcastle coach John Carver is in charge at Toronto, and is keen to bring Ameobi to join him and another ex-United star, Laurent Robert.

And while many may think a move to Canada is too premature, Carver insists a deal would instantly elevate Ameobi from a player out in the cold to a terrace idol in Toronto.

Carver – who saw Ameobi grow up and go on to star in the Champions League during his successful stint on Tyneside – told me from Toronto: “I need some firepower up front and I am looking for new players, especially a striker.

“I’ve got my side organised now and have made Toronto difficult to beat, but I need to sign players in that area.

“Shola is a kid I brought through the system at Newcastle United, and a kid I know an awful lot about.

“If I can get Shola into this football club he would be a huge, huge asset for us.”

Former Sunderland stars Danny Dichio and Carl Robinson are huge stars in Canada these days, as well as Ameobi’s former team-mate Robert.

And another former United man, highly-rated strength and conditioning coach Paul Winsper, acted as a personal fitness guru to David Beckham in the last 12 months, and is also at Toronto.

Robert has impressed since arriving in Canada, and Carver says he is an example to follow.

Carver added: “It’s not about what players have to prove, it’s about the fact they have so much to play for and offer.

“Newcastle fans know what Robert’s ability is about.

“From what I have seen in the short space of time he has been here, he has some desire back.

“He has had a couple of wayward years and he actually seems to want to prove a point.

“He’s not here on holiday, he’s working hard and he’s a great professional.”

TFC fans have huge banners of their Premier League stars dotted around their BMO Field home, and Ameobi could also expect a rapturous welcome.

Carver, who has also been a huge hit in MLS so far, added: “The fans here are so similar to the Newcastle fans. They love the game and they are passionate.

“They are similar to myself and are the reason I came here.”

Guest alex

Admittedly I've only seen Robert play once for them (one more time than whoever wrote that at a guess) but he was shite.