Sir Bobby Robson: Months To Live

Tooj

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres only one bobby robson, one bobby robson!!

No minutes silence or minutes applause for him when the time does come - should be just repeated choruses of that.. :D

Will be a sad day that's for sure. Must be one of the favourite managers Newcastle have had bar Keegan.

Better than KK imo.

Agreed, pity we got him so late on in his career.

Yeah, i suppose so. It was made better by the fact he got players names wrong, what a legend. So many good memorys, lets just hope that he lives longer than anyone expects.

Just read about this. I was lucky enough to meet him. Everything you hear about him is true. Lovely, intellegent, and a joy to talk to.

It's going to be a sad day when he departs. A sad, sad day. :(

Liked him for years, first met him at a reserve game up at Ponteland when he was manager here. Always has time for people. I hope he lasts longer than he thinks, but equally Id not like to see him publicly deteriorate. Sad indeed.

fat fred on sacking sbr - "i wasn't keen to do it and i thought we should have given him longer"

you weren't the only one you fat toad. thanks for souness too btw

fat fred on sacking sbr - "i wasn't keen to do it and i thought we should have given him longer"

Tbf, he supposedly wanted to keep him and the Halls wanted him out.

I don't think that was his decision in all honesty.

Interesting comment on .com

If you're planning on emailing us to ask for our support re: the latest online petition attempting to get a stand at SJP named after Sir Bobby Robson - please don't bother.

As a policy we avoid these things like the plague - along with online polls and other similar cyber twaddle.

No slight is meant against our former boss, but his footballing achievements on and off the field came

while he was playing and managing other clubs.

Our personal stance remains that there are others who have done more for the club than Sir Bobby and remain unrecognised ie Joe Harvey.

PS: to anyone who exercises their right to sign and also walked out of the Wolves home game in May 2004, can we ask what changed?

In this case, I kinda agree with them. I think Bobby has been a fantastic ambassador for football and this club in more recent years, but as far as naming a stand goes, I agree that someone like Joe Harvey should be recognised also. Im not saying Id rule out something for Bobby, same as when KK's time comes he may also deserve some sort of recognition.

The little bit in the end is churlish in the extreme. Wankers to the core iyam.

Well yes, the beginning and end of the comment reeks somewhat, but the overall point is valid, if not seemingly delivered from a pedestal.

If Bobby Robson doesn't deserve to be remembered at St. James, then no one does.

Irrespective of what he did or didn't achieve whilst at Newcastle Utd itself.

If Bobby Robson doesn't deserve to be remembered at St. James, then no one does.

I think he does. But Id also like to see some other names remembered as well. Id prefer to see the Milburn stand as it was, but what about making the East Stand named after Bobby and the Gallowgate after Harvey for example.

Mind, good point by Alex, the timing of their rather snide comment lacks taste.

I think he does. But Id also like to see some other names remembered as well. Id prefer to see the Milburn stand as it was, but what about making the East Stand named after Bobby and the Gallowgate after Harvey for example.

Mind, good point by Alex, the timing of their rather snide comment lacks taste.

Think we will be remembered though, but agree that naming a stand after people should be kept for those who have done more for the club. Saving us from relegation and supporting us his whole life isnt enough iyam. Perhaps we should have a bob Paisley stand as well?

It would make more sense for Ipswich to name a stand after him and keep ours for the likes of harvey or the next manager to get us to win something!