Manchester United 1-1 Newcastle United

Happy Face

Did you see the way he steamed into the back of Martins when he was in mid leap ? clearly judging by the way he sprinted back on the pitch there was little wrong with him, had he been less of a tart and stayed on the pitch we might not have conseeded, surely even he knows you're at most risk after scoring ?

He has the habit of flinging himself in recklessly when going forward for set pieces - too many fouls given away and knocks incurred without a goal return.

Don't forget he was the one that put in the on-target volley that won us the corner that Martins scored off. He can carry on like a bit of a tart at times (ie. being snipered) but I'd like to think that's not what happened when he went off after our goal. If it is, then someone (I nominate Papa Bouba Diop) should give him a massive slap.

You're right though, quite often he gives away needless fouls on our corners just by flinging himself aimlessly towards the ball and careening any players out of the way that happen to be in the area.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit I didn't expect the result yesterday, but for all those journos who would have been itching for us to get heavily spanked and to have yet another dig at Keegan...

HAAAAA! Fuck you!

And the thing i never thought i'd say, Mike Riley was outstanding in a macth at Old Trafford, he was unbiassed, up with play, gave every decision fairly, booked their players for fouls and R9ooney for his usual dissent, and the only thing ppl could say was he could have maybe given them a pen and us a freekick for the Milner handball and Jonas foul, i still can't believe it and i feel dirty for saying it but Mike Riley was excellent!

You'll be suggesting we play 3-5-2 next.

Love how the papers are rattling on about how Man Utd rue missed chances against us and how it was dropped points this morning - bunch of tossers, it took us to be down to 10 men for them to bloody score, no credit to us what-so-ever as per usual. Good job we appreciate the Messiah!

:shades: Just thinking this morning, what with Man Utd having the stereotypical scousers on the bench? Who was it? The chuckle brothers or Bobby ball + bro?

Great result would of snatched their hands off for it beforehand, Guti deffo manofmatch for me, covered the whole pitch, Guthrie and Colo both had canny games anarl, resiliant performance indeed, could even of snatched it, nevermind i am happy.

Did you see the way he steamed into the back of Martins when he was in mid leap ? clearly judging by the way he sprinted back on the pitch there was little wrong with him, had he been less of a tart and stayed on the pitch we might not have conseeded, surely even he knows you're at most risk after scoring ?

He has the habit of flinging himself in recklessly when going forward for set pieces - too many fouls given away and knocks incurred without a goal return.

I'm no fan of Taylor, but he had a good game. Having won the corner, it was him flinging himself in front of Vidic (was it?) that left all the space in the world for Martins to leap like a salmon.

Excellent result and performance. I expected a battering and would have took your hand off if offered the same as Reading got there last year but we did better than that and had a good go at them too.

Yes overall they were the better team but you would expect that from the champions of Europe, but apart from the first ten minutes they never looked like they were going to give us another lesson like last year.

For those first ten minutes or so we looked a bit disorganised, particularly at the back, but that passed and we grew into the game after that. By the second half we were very well set up and they never looked like scoring until Rooney's freekick in the last seconds.

Overall it was a team performance but individually I was impressed with all three of the new lads. Colloccini came in and settled down after an (only to be expected) shakey opening and Gutherie showed better passing ability than we've seen in a long time.

But for me the undoubted star of the show was Jonas. His work rate was phenomenal (and a major reason why N'Zogbia wasn't exposed down the flank), he showed he has good pace and the ability to beat top class players. I think he will prove a major asset this season where I expect him to really get at teams at home and help us be strong away. Whoever decided to bring him looks to have picked a peach.

I know there were others who deserve the paise they have had too but I would mention Oba's role in the game too. Other than his goal, I thought he did an excellent job of leading the line and made much more intellegent runs than I have seen from him in the past. Hopefully this is a sign he's starting to mature as a player and work on the weaker aspects of his game.

Can't wait for Saturday now.

Edited by David Kelly

From The Guardian review of the match:

Man of the match Steven Taylor

It sums up his influence in the Newcastle United defence that his brief absence from the pitch to receive treatment coincided with Darren Fletcher scoring Manchester United's equaliser

B)

Louise Taylor loves him remember.... :icon_lol:

It sums up his influence in the Newcastle United defence that his brief absence from the pitch to receive treatment coincided with Darren Fletcher scoring Manchester United's equaliser

B)

Louise is sexy. :icon_lol:

B)

I think him being off was a big factor in the goal like. Mind you so was playing a winger at leftback.

B)

Picture?

Yes overall they were the better team but you would expect that from the champions of Europe, but apart from the first ten minutes they never looked like they were going to give us another lesson like last year.
They had comfortably more posession, but I don't think they deserved any better in the last 80 minutes than a draw. I was impressed at how we didn't just play for a draw and end up scraping one either. The players were obviously delighted with the draw but you could see they wanted to keep attacking and to look for a winner instead of just sitting back and defending. Gutierrez would have surely scored if it for us if it wasn't for that stunning tackle by Vidic, and Martins had a great chance also.

It's games like this that show why Keegan is so popular. Hopefully our certain ex-manager in the crowd may have been taught a lesson by that, but I wouldn't bet on it.

B)

Her card is marked this season.