Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

Whether he stays or not its a testament to him and the fans that so many turned up at the ground to support him - can't think of many other clubs/managers that would invoke that sort of reaction - deluded we maybe but deserving of better than these shambolic episodes we definitely are

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the stuff going on outside the ground last night may have been a bit cringe-tastic but i reckon it had some effect.

The press looked gutted when they started to pack up and a few people took the oppertunity to stick it to them 'never got what you came eh lads'

Aye sounds very palusible unfortunately. I only hope they are giving him some assurances and can convince him to hang around. This club really is a pain in the arse.

I see the LMA are saying Keegan hasn't quit and they will keep everyone up to date. This is worrying to me (the second bit rather than the first) as why would they be getting involved at all if there wasn't a massive dispute.

Aye sounds very palusible unfortunately. I only hope they are giving him some assurances and can convince him to hang around. This club really is a pain in the arse.

I see the LMA are saying Keegan hasn't quit and they will keep everyone up to date. This is worrying to me (the second bit rather than the first) as why would they be getting involved at all if there wasn't a massive dispute.

I don't think there's any doubt that there's a massive dispute, LMA or no LMA.

I don't think there's any doubt that there's a massive dispute, LMA or no LMA.

Yeah your right I was kind of stating the obvious but the if he's gone to the LMA it sounds like Keegan is taking it outside the club to try and sort it out (possibly to try a get himself away).

03 Sep 2008

STATEMENT RE KEVIN KEEGAN

The League Managers Association has issued the following statement in respect of Kevin Keegan, manager of Newcastle United.

Kevin Keegan has been in discussions today with the LMA chief executive Richard Bevan. Over the course of the next few days Kevin will be communicating with the club’s board to discuss a number of important issues.

Richard Bevan said: “Newcastle football club and its fans are massively important to Kevin and he has not resigned as manager of the club. The LMA will keep supporters, media and other stakeholder within the game fully informed of developments.”

statement from LMA

It's doubly worrying that they're involved, I'm beginning to worry one of those broadsheets report was accurate saying Keegan has a £1m clause in his contract if he resigns, and perhaps he's looking at ways at avoiding to pay it.

just listening to Richard Bevan from the lma, he said that Kevin is worried about the way the club is going etc, it sounds to me like he is fighting the fans corner, regardless to if he is here next week or not.

THANK YOU KEVIN...........ONE OF US

I appreciate that there is no game this weekend but whatever needs sorting needs sorting sooner rather than later... We have a bunch of players who, lets face it, are probably as much in the dark about all that's going on as the rest of us. The new boys must wonder what the fuck they've let themselves in for!!!

Match preparations take longer than over night - this needs to be sorted before some of the squad disappear on international duty for the weekend so that we're in the best possibly position to be prepared for the Hull game on Saturday week..

Despite the fact that I am fully behind him, I hold Keegan as responsible for ensuring this happens as I do the board.

The fans deserve better than this and I think it is that which is stopping KK from simply walking away as he can relate to us.

I appreciate that there is no game this weekend but whatever needs sorting needs sorting sooner rather than later... We have a bunch of players who, lets face it, are probably as much in the dark about all that's going on as the rest of us. The new boys must wonder what the fuck they've let themselves in for!!!

Match preparations take longer than over night - this needs to be sorted before some of the squad disappear on international duty for the weekend so that we're in the best possibly position to be prepared for the Hull game on Saturday week..

Despite the fact that I am fully behind him, I hold Keegan as responsible for ensuring this happens as I do the board.

The fans deserve better than this and I think it is that which is stopping KK from simply walking away as he can relate to us.

Aye

I was thinking about the new signings and people like Butt and Owen. What must they be thinking? Infact, what must they all be thinking? Young lads anarl.

IMO Hes gone! They are either sorting out hush money for him or sorting out his pay as he has been sacked.

I think if we (fans, club, KK & management) are to move forward, then this needed to be brought out into the open and I hope KK uses this time to vent all of his concerns. Clearly he should have more input and say into the comings and goings of players. Its fair enough that we are not going to be competing in the silly league (£30M+ for players) and Im not that arsed about that. It takes more than just money to do well. If the club supports KK fully and gives him the control then we can still move forward. Im not saying we can get into the top four, but we can get back up the table. But, unless the way we work now is changed and if KK still has things relating to players going on without him being consulted, then I see it as being doomed to failure and its only a matter of time before it ends.

I hope some good comes out of this one way or another.

I think if we (fans, club, KK & management) are to move forward, then this needed to be brought out into the open and I hope KK uses this time to vent all of his concerns. Clearly he should have more input and say into the comings and goings of players. Its fair enough that we are not going to be competing in the silly league (£30M+ for players) and Im not that arsed about that. It takes more than just money to do well. If the club supports KK fully and gives him the control then we can still move forward. Im not saying we can get into the top four, but we can get back up the table. But, unless the way we work now is changed and if KK still has things relating to players going on without him being consulted, then I see it as being doomed to failure and its only a matter of time before it ends.

I hope some good comes out of this one way or another.

Yep

Wise etc need to move to Newcastle to make this work too. We are NEWCASTLE united football club, not LIVE IN LONDON COME TO THE ODD GAME football club.

Plus, Micky Quinn on talk shite this morning said KK joined when we were in a League Cup game. We would normally only get 15k for the match but because KK was there we got a full house.

Do us a favour you fat scouse cunt, leave us alone and do what you do best and wank over Steeeeeeeeeevie Geeee you twat!

If he stays there are two possibilities for me:

1. Everybody kisses and makes up and says it was all just "Robust discussion" and nothing has changed in reality

2. Keegan tells the truth about what happened, there is an honest semi-public debate about it, changes may be made and everybody moves forward.

Scenario 1 just postpones the inevitable re-occurence in my opinion - it may plaster over the cracks and allow us to stumble forward to January or May but the cliub will be wounded.

I obviously prefer 2.

In reality however as I said last night I think he's gone and the posturing on both sides is about the compen.

I'm not sure this can be resolved in a way anyone wants it to be, but I'm fairly sure that whatever the exact problem Keegan's side will be to the benefit the club (at least on the playing field).

When he left last time he could have had just stayed and had a fairly easy ride, but the promises broken and the way the club was being turned from crusade to pension fund didn't sit right with him.

Oh for an owner/chairman like Robson's at Ipswich.

If they sort out their differences I think they owe it to the Newcastle supporters to have a press conference with ALL of the players present, and speaking openly and frankly about what has gone on. The cloak and daggers approach obviously has not worked and as a result Ashley is in danger of completely losing the support of the fans. Wonder if we can get Mort back in on secondment?

Even if he doesn't go who can honestly see this being sorted in the long run? Short of an Abu Dhabi takeover.

Thats just it. I cannot see any way KK can continue as manager. But if that happens I cannot see Ashley staying around much longer what with the backlash he will get...

Its a fucking shambles..

Messy! Very messy indeed!

Reading the rag this mornin and they say MA tried to sell owen and barton on D-day and keegan hit the roof! That would be understandable tbh, though there are no quotes about owen, they also wrote about pompys interest.

If that is the case then it sounds like MA is in fact only in this for a quick buck or to make some money back! Why sell owen who is paramount to our revolution? Why undermine a manager that has the full backing of the geordie nation?

It also goes on to say that keegan had presented them with a wishlist which none on that list was approached.

I cant understand why MA would say he is in it for the long run, and a 5 year plan and wants to see NUFC back in europe when he runs a club like this!

Im starting to loose faith in MA...in fact no i already have!

I cant see where we go from this neither, KK feels cheated and undermined, he has had the responsibility of choosing his recruits stripped away from him and placed with a rat from the west end and now seems to have no control on who stays and who goes?

MA has got some serious back pedalling to do, his work is cut out and he'l have to rise to it otherwise he is going to feel the wrath on the geordie nation. And i think it mite just be on an unprecadented scale we've not witnessed before.

Egg.Shells.Tread.Carefully Mike Ashley!

:lol:

:D"Theres only one Kevin Keegan!" B)

Edited by Geordie Lad...

It can be sorted. But, a line needs to be drawn in the sand, they need to start a fresh and say, ok we fucked up and these are our new bounderies. Unless that happens what we have just seen will only happen again. But, its not an unrecoverable situation.