Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

Alan Green being his usual patronising self on 5Live, probably a bit of attention seeking as usual from the fat Liverpool sympathiser. Never even mentioned Ashley or Wise or the set up, reckons he knew back in January KK would fail and that he's resigned because he was out of touch with the game. I've turned the shit sturring cunt off anyway.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Green being his usual patronising self on 5Live, probably a bit of attention seeking as usual from the fat Liverpool sympathiser. Never even mentioned Ashley or Wise or the set up, reckons he knew back in January KK would fail and that he's resigned because he was out of touch with the game. I've turned the shit sturring cunt off anyway.

I quite like that Mark Saggers but I had to do the same with him last night. Honestly it's all cliches and not a hint of insight in sight. Lowest common denominator, tabloid fucking bullshit.

I quite like that Mark Saggers but I had to do the same with him last night. Honestly it's all cliches and not a hint of insight in sight. Lowest common denominator, tabloid fucking bullshit.

Intentional?

Intentional?

I realised as I was writing it. Couldn't be arsed to re-word it.

Official NUFC Statement: September 6

NUFC wished, at all times, to keep any dispute that it had with Kevin Keegan private.

It is therefore disappointing that information has reached the media through unnamed sources and a briefing has been given by the League Managers Association that could give rise to a misleading impression amongst the Club's fans.

Newcastle United have no desire to engage in a war of words but inaccurate reporting of factual matters and inaccurate allegations have to be corrected.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, on appointment on 16th January 2008, agreed to report to a Director of Football and to the Board.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan worked within that structure from 16th January 2008 until his resignation.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, as manager, had specific duties in that he was responsible for the training, coaching, selection and motivation of the Team.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan was allowed to manage his specific duties without any interference from any Board member.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan agreed only to deal with the media in relation to Club matters relating to the Team and not to communicate with the media in relation to the acquisition or disposal of players.

It is a fact that NUFC is a business and operates, like all businesses, with financial constraints.

It is a fact that NUFC's financial constraints inform its transfer dealings.

The Board of NUFC have responsibility to ensure that the club is able to meet its commitments which include the wages and the transfer fees for players.

The structure at NUFC is clear, and has been clear from 16th January 2008

Edited by Greg

How the fuck can you expect a manager not to say a word to the media about incoming and outgoing players? This is pretty much an admission from the club that Keegan had no say in transfers at all, despite their earlier claims that Wise was only to look at youth players. It's also an admission that despite our billionaire owner they never planned to spend any significant sums of money this summer without recouping it in sales.

They've done themselves no favours with that.

Official NUFC Statement: September 6

It is a fact that NUFC is a business and operates, like all businesses, with financial constraints.

The structure at NUFC is clear, and has been clear from 16th January 2008

Utter horseshit.

Ashley himself has said Keegan decided who we signed and promised money would be spent.

Now, suddenly we've got no money, and Keegan only 'motivated' the players.

Complete revision of what was said previously.

Lying, devious cunts.

Edited by Sicklee Sausage Roll

Although it is stating that Keegan knew, at the beginning, that he wouldn't have control over signing and that he'd be reporting to a Director of Football. If this is true, objectively, can we really put all the blame onto the establishment. If this IS true, then surely some of the blame has to land at Keegan's feet? I know this is an incendiary thought and I'm sure there'll be a lot of people as good as calling me a traitor for even thinking it. But seriously, can we holistically buy into Keegan's word?

Of course I'm not happy with the situation and think this has been mismanaged terribly, but I can't but think that maybe this report does contain a bit of truth.

It seems unlikely that Ashely would have decided to install a DoF after Keegan was instated, and if Keegan was aware that he'd be answering to DoF can he really be annoyed when that relationship is made apparent?

Tin hat, tin gloves, tin armour and tin bodyguards firmly on and in place.

edited because it's missed off the majority of my post

Edited by The Fish

How the fuck can you expect a manager not to say a word to the media about incoming and outgoing players? This is pretty much an admission from the club that Keegan had no say in transfers at all, despite their earlier claims that Wise was only to look at youth players. It's also an admission that despite our billionaire owner they never planned to spend any significant sums of money this summer without recouping it in sales.

Didn't someone pull up a quote the other day from Ashley made around June time when he said that Keegan had full involvement in transfer activity within the club? (*)

So which version is bollocks Michael? You tell us!

They're digging themselves a fucking cavern tbh - however they can think that the most pathetic statement I have ever read from a professional business is in any way going to win over the fans in any shape or form is well beyond me.

That reads like a fucking primary school kid who's had to write down justifaction for bad behaviour.

* - someone please find that quote??

From the Chronicle, May 2008:

"NEWCASTLE United chairman Chris Mort has promised Kevin Keegan that he will have money to spend in the summer transfer market.

And perhaps just as significantly, Mort added that Keegan WILL have the final say on all transfer dealings, despite the talk of their being two lists of wanted players at the club – one of the manager and one of director of football Dennis Wise.

Didn't someone pull up a quote the other day from Ashley made around June time when he said that Keegan had full involvement in transfer activity within the club? (*)

So which version is bollocks Michael? You tell us!

They're digging themselves a fucking cavern tbh - however they can think that the most pathetic statement I have ever read from a professional business is in any way going to win over the fans in any shape or form is well beyond me.

That reads like a fucking primary school kid who's had to write down justifaction for bad behaviour.

* - someone please find that quote??

Makes Freddy's 'seven bells' press release seems like the epitomy of professionalism.

Jesus christ I thought I would never see a worse official press release than Shepherd's seven bells effort. They should have put the FACT! at the end of the sentences just to make it look that little bit more childish. 'Kevin Keegan can talk to the hand cos the face aint listenin'.

I didn't think I could be any more outraged than I was already but these cunts just keep fucking coming don't they?

Proving beyond doubt that they're in it for themselves, and the cronies within their 'circle'. They don't give a fuck about the feelings of the fans - the very people who are lining their pockets.

FUCK RIGHT OFF YOU FUCKING COCKNEY SHIT-WANK TOSSERS!

I feel I need to clarify, before I'm hung drawn and quartered.

this statement in no way excuses the way they've acted, vindicated their appointment of Wise et al, the way Keegan was handled or their actions in the transfer market.

Can that be recognised... or at least reiterated at my memorial service...