Ashley to sell.....OFFICIAL

paddy

Despite it being on Jimbo's telly, I still can't get excited at this story.

The thing that spoils it for me is the supposed amount Ashley wants, which is just ridiculous to say the least. Too ridiculous for it to be true.

Jimbo, I think you'd be better switching channels to the paralympics :ph34r:

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arabian Business, like any Middle Eastern publication, is astonishingly unreliable. I'd be surprised if they even spelled the names right. If they got anything right about Man City, well, even a stopped clock is right twice daily.

I really do get the feeling all of these sell rumors are a smokescreen trying to give us the impression that Ashley's interested in selling so we'll calm down and let him get on with the business of making money. His snide little "don't bother protesting as I've got the message" cements that feeling for me. If we sell before Christmas it'll be a shock imo.

Arabian Business, like any Middle Eastern publication, is astonishingly unreliable. I'd be surprised if they even spelled the names right. If they got anything right about Man City, well, even a stopped clock is right twice daily.

I really do get the feeling all of these sell rumors are a smokescreen trying to give us the impression that Ashley's interested in selling so we'll calm down and let him get on with the business of making money. His snide little "don't bother protesting as I've got the message" cements that feeling for me. If we sell before Christmas it'll be a shock imo.

The fat one is quite tricky that is true.

The fat one is quite tricky that is true.

I hope that's true because Zabeel won't work out.

I then poured another £110 million into the club not to pay off the debt but just to reduce it. The club is still in debt.

This club had £100million-worth of debt which has now been cleared

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle3885412.ece

So who is lying?

Didn't MA also claim in his interview with the club magazine that we were free of debt barring the £20 million owed out on players like Luque. I do get the feeling he's had his PR team on massaging that statement for most of the weekend.

Interestingly, that fella who was on SSN said the main concern from potential Arab investors was the alledged conduct of the fans. No mention of the financial problems.

Does anyone know how much they are worth? They say the people who took Man city over are worth 550 billion

Apparently, these guys won't flaunt money like Man City will and will run the club like a business. But it will certainly be more than what Ashley is offering so I would imagine £50m a transfer window.

Where'd you hear that? Have they went from denying it to laying out a plan of action in less than an hour?

Skysports the guy from the Arabian Newspaper was talking about it.

I then poured another £110 million into the club not to pay off the debt but just to reduce it. The club is still in debt.

So who is lying?

Not Mort's style.

So it's JIMBO whose lying!!! :ph34r:;):aye:

So who is lying?

Not Mort's style.

So it's JIMBO whose lying!!! ;):aye::panic:

Aye, its all my fault :ph34r:

So who is lying?

Mort's statement can be taken in two ways:

(i) Newcastle United had a total of £100million of debt. This has now been cleared.

(ii) Newcastle United has cleared £100million of their debt.

If taken the second way, it gives no indication of the total amount of debt. I wouldn't have thought it was Mort's style, but when it comes down to it, he is a lawyer. :ph34r:

So who is lying?

Mort's statement can be taken in two ways:

(i) Newcastle United had a total of £100million of debt. This has now been cleared.

(ii) Newcastle United has cleared £100million of their debt.

If taken the second way, it gives no indication of the total amount of debt. I wouldn't have thought it was Mort's style, but when it comes down to it, he is a lawyer. :ph34r:

I'll be honest with you, I dont know how

can be taken any other way than the club had £100 million of debt and thats now been paid off

I'll be honest with you, I dont know how
can be taken any other way than the club had £100 million of debt and thats now been paid off

It's semantics, and if it was indeed intended in the second way then it was deceitful.

You have a basket of 20 apples, you eat 7 of them.

You could say that like this.

I had seven apples in my basket that I have now eaten. (Out of my basket I have eaten seven apples).

:ph34r:

I nominate myself for worst post ever.