Joe Kinnear named new manager

The Big Roberto

Could work - more interested in what he had to say regarding sale progress.

I'm puzzled why after so much silence, Kinnnear blurts all this out apparently on behalf of Ashley. He looked like Ashley's spokesman on Sky Sports. I'm suspicious. Is Ashley really going to sell. Nigerian sale breaks down, Kinnear gets an extension, results get better, Wise and Kinnear enjoy good working relationship, protests fade and on we go.

I think the club has actually been up for sale for a long time, just at a ridiculous price (£480m) so no one has come near.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could work - more interested in what he had to say regarding sale progress.

I'm puzzled why after so much silence, Kinnnear blurts all this out apparently on behalf of Ashley. He looked like Ashley's spokesman on Sky Sports. I'm suspicious. Is Ashley really going to sell. Nigerian sale breaks down, Kinnear gets an extension, results get better, Wise and Kinnear enjoy good working relationship, protests fade and on we go.

I have had thoughts along this line. I will be remaining sceptical up to the point the sale is official

Fookin hell, how on earth did you lot let this happen. Was over the moon when Wise fupped off from my club, but this - Kinnear - wouldn't wish it on any club - well, Scum, obviously. Jeez, you lot are in the brown stuff, up to yer ears. Wise is poison, a cancer in your club, you got to get rid of him - And not back to us!

You're a cunt, but I agree with what you said.

Why thank you for your kind words Temuri.

I hope for your sakes that you find a buyer quicksmart:

Joe Kinnear has admitted he has been handed the chance to be Newcastle's interim manager 'because nobody else wants it', and believes Kevin Keegan will return once the club is sold.

Can't help thinkin that Ashley's holding out for top dollar in an economic climate that's not really that healthy, and now mebbe he thinks that there's no hurry 'cos he's got a temporary manager in. Wise has prolly filled him up with stories about how great Kinnear is, and some of the shit has apparently stuck to the wall. Make no mistake, Wise has a hidden agenda, and he'll do anything and everything to get what he wants - whatever that may be. Probably just a thumping big pay-off, and then he can slime his way back into his old mate Roberto's back pocket at MK.

One thing Ashley wants to remember is, he ain't gonna get ½ what he wants if you're in the Championship.

Wise has definitely had a big big hand in this one.

BUT, lets not get too wound up about this. It's a short term appointment, and we needed to get someone in to steady the ship for a bit. OK Kinnear has been about hoofing the ball, but, again it's only short term, and if he can come in and boost morale a bit and get some results, then as it's only short term, I don't mind too much.

What won't help is if people have a go at him right from the off, he doesn't need that (and tbh, fair play to him for accepting to come in to an awkward, difficult and uncertain situation), the team doesn't need it, the club doesn't need it, and we - the supporters - don't need it. What we need is to get behind him and the team, hopefully get some results so that we all start feeling a bit better.

According to Shaun Custis...

Few Newcastle players are impressed by the appointment.

One fuming Toon star, who asked not to be named, rapped: “The announcement came as a complete shock.

“Many of us have never even heard of him — the team needed someone bigger than it has been offered.

“Some of us have had enough and are seriously considering leaving.

“There is no player in this dressing room happy to be here.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle1740605.ece

One fuming Toon star, who asked not to be named, rapped: “The announcement came as a complete shock.

“Many of us have never even heard of him — the team needed someone bigger than it has been offered.

Reading Given's comments on the appointment (not from the Sun) underwhelmed would be putting it mildly. I can't help but imagine him saying it in Falling Down kind of way.

I don't think he's a happy bunny at all, and who can blame him?

And if Given’s reaction was anything to go by, the players at St James’ Park are less than happy at the prospect of former Wimbledon boss becoming their third manager of the season.

Asked if he was pleased by Kinnear’s appointment, Given replied: “Pleased? No. I mean, the club is still up for sale and we haven’t got a permanent manager so I wouldn’t say pleased. It’s going somewhere I suppose, but I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing to be honest.

“I don’t know what to say, where to start, but in an ideal world, we’d like the club sorted out and a permanent manager.

“Joe Kinnear is just to oversee things until we get one. It is not an ideal situation I don’t think.”

Given, who appeared bemused when told by the assembled media that Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer were being lined up as the permanent management team, admitted: “That’s news to me.

I haven’t got a clue. I have spoken to neither. You’re telling me stuff I don’t even know.

“We don’t know as players what is happening really but there is just a lot of uncertainty around the club and it’s not helping anyone,” added Given, who confirmed that none of the Newcastle board have spoken to the players this week.

Asked if he was happy with reports of Keegan making a swift return to Tyneside, Given said: “I didn’t want to see him leave so that kind of answers that question.

“But it depends on who takes over and all that stuff.

Who are going to be the new owners and if they want him back, but no-one wanted to see him leave in the first place.”

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/370...ar_appointment/

Meanwhile, former Wimbledon captain Vinnie Jones says he jump at the chance of helping old pal Kinnear at St James' Park.

Jones is a big fan of Kinnear and he has backed the Irishman to be a success on Tyneside.

"I'd be back in England like a shot if Joe wanted any help," Jones told The Sun.

"I'm sure he will be able to turn the club around and if he feels I'd be able to contribute in any way, I'd get the next plane back from LA.

"I'm not filming for a few weeks so there is absolutely nothing to stop me if I get a call."

Reading Given's comments on the appointment (not from the Sun) underwhelmed would be putting it mildly. I can't help but imagine him saying it in Falling Down kind of way.

I don't think he's a happy bunny at all, and who can blame him?

It's a shame really, Joe seems like a really nice bloke and says all the right things - IF he could be as effective with the team as manager I wouldn't mind how long he stayed... seems like a good guy. Of course if he's as pants as some have said then it'll be thankyou and goodnight.

Aye I don't think it's Kinnear that's the big problem (although I can't see him being much better than Houghton and I'd have hoped we could have done better - but I guess that IS the state we are in), so much as the entire situation.

If someone were setting out to actively destroy NUFC, then they couldn't be doing much better than in the last couple of weeks.

Given must have seen some shit in his time here, but this is exceptional even for :read:

Edited by Fop

I couldn't believe the news when I heard, totally underwhelmed and disapointed, but, ultimately Kinnear has been brought in through no fault of his own to help NUFC win football matches, thats good enough for me, lets get behind him and the team and show our support.

Only Newcastle could appoint a temp manager who is currently serving a two match touch line ban from his forrest days, and I don't think todays game will count because his contract starts on monday

I didn't know this. :read:;):):icon_lol::lol: :lol: :razz::icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

:(