Newcastle United vs Aston Villa

dbsweeney

Kinnear has injected some much needed physicality into NUFC.

Well mainly Shola, but I get what you mean. Duff seems to be running around a lot as well.

If only we had someone in the middle with some semblence of creativity.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stunned by the result, canny canny performance, everything was great.

Wish Martins could do this sort of thing more often.

Jonas will be a legend in black and white soon if this sort of play continues. Did you see the way he passed Nigel Medi-Ocre? Like he wasn't even there.

Colo was massive.

Barton was good too. Too bad the refs are going to make a monkey of him far too often this season.

Glad to see we didn't hoy Owen on for no reason also. Let him get back to full fitness.

Thanks for the stream hostile_statue btw. :lol: :lol:

Great effort from the whole team, with the midfield four getting through one hell of alot of work and running. Thought Colo was class at the back yet again and Taylor much improved on recent disasters, stuck to doing what he does well and nothing stupid.

And great to see that spell at 2-0 when we knocked the ball around confidently and took the piss for a few moments. If we can take this into the Fulham game and then Wigan we could be feeling alot happier than we have been.

But ive always said that even with all the complete chaos at the club and the threat of the unknown, if we'd had our best players fit and available i was always confident of us doing fine. We're now seeing what happens when we get our first choice RB and LB returning and gaining full match fitness and the difference Jonas and Barton make to the midfield. Throw in the fact Shola is looking like a footballer and putting in some effort under JK and its no wonder we're looking better.

Still alot of hard work ahead though!

Loved the passion and joy they all showed celebrating the goals. Probably a lot of relief in the mix too. It was class.

100% Agree with all the above!

I've read a few boards where Aston Villa fans have claimed their away support is in the top 5 in England sometimes the top 3 even. Tonight they sat 3 points opff the top 3, and 1,100 turned up. Fair enough fine Monday night 200 miles away. My question is based on numbers first of all, how can these people dare compare their away support with Newcastle United? We've had 6000 at Watford and Wigan in the League Cup on similar nights, yet these third top 1,100.

That's not my main point though, vocally their away support was the worst I've ever seen it emphasised to me, what a nothing club they are. Fair enough brummies are the most boring people in Western Europe, but I mean for fuck sake one song would've been good. My main point tonight is Aston Villa are a shit club, they have no soul, no one cares about them, even their own fans. Man Utd have a small portion of decent fans, most are wanks, I think there;s one decent one on here, and I've seen them rate Villa and Spurs as clubs and fans, you're complete wanks, these people know the truth if they're honest. How can people dare compare these nothing clubs supports and entities with us, it's a popular view to kick us, but to me we're incomparable. The likes of Sunderland and Leeds piss on Villa in support home and away, vocally, I want to emphasise how pathetic this clubs support is.

Great effort from the whole team, with the midfield four getting through one hell of alot of work and running. Thought Colo was class at the back yet again and Taylor much improved on recent disasters, stuck to doing what he does well and nothing stupid.

And great to see that spell at 2-0 when we knocked the ball around confidently and took the piss for a few moments. If we can take this into the Fulham game and then Wigan we could be feeling alot happier than we have been.

But ive always said that even with all the complete chaos at the club and the threat of the unknown, if we'd had our best players fit and available i was always confident of us doing fine. We're now seeing what happens when we get our first choice RB and LB returning and gaining full match fitness and the difference Jonas and Barton make to the midfield. Throw in the fact Shola is looking like a footballer and putting in some effort under JK and its no wonder we're looking better.

Still alot of hard work ahead though!

Loved the passion and joy they all showed celebrating the goals. Probably a lot of relief in the mix too. It was class.

100% Agree with all the above!

same here. But not sure about Butt (i ye know what i mean) one of his earlier freekicks whent straight to the first villa defender,most of our lads in their half,and put us in loads of trouble.Not a verry good passer of the ball for a man of his age either

When I'm replaying the match in my head I keep hearing the Star Wars themes (rebel theme for Jonas, Martins, Duff etc, Imperial March for Barton and the defence.)

is that weird?

I've read a few boards where Aston Villa fans have claimed their away support is in the top 5 in England sometimes the top 3 even. Tonight they sat 3 points opff the top 3, and 1,100 turned up. Fair enough fine Monday night 200 miles away. My question is based on numbers first of all, how can these people dare compare their away support with Newcastle United? We've had 6000 at Watford and Wigan in the League Cup on similar nights, yet these third top 1,100.

That's not my main point though, vocally their away support was the worst I've ever seen it emphasised to me, what a nothing club they are. Fair enough brummies are the most boring people in Western Europe, but I mean for fuck sake one song would've been good. My main point tonight is Aston Villa are a shit club, they have no soul, no one cares about them, even their own fans. Man Utd have a small portion of decent fans, most are wanks, I think there;s one decent one on here, and I've seen them rate Villa and Spurs as clubs and fans, you're complete wanks, these people know the truth if they're honest. How can people dare compare these nothing clubs supports and entities with us, it's a popular view to kick us, but to me we're incomparable. The likes of Sunderland and Leeds piss on Villa in support home and away, vocally, I want to emphasise how pathetic this clubs support is.

:lol: On a night where we win to move off the bottom and ahead of the mackens, your patter is STILL about who has the better fans! Who gives a shit man!

:lol: On a night where we win to move off the bottom and ahead of the mackens, your patter is STILL about who has the better fans! Who gives a shit man!

Lol...woke up in a good fettel gemmil :lol:

was a great result really happy. but there is still room for improvement we lost the ball a little too easy at times but its getting better game by game. and if we can win like that an not play great then its a possitive. ( really impressed we actually kept going for it til the end too )

Just what I was thinking. Although Stevie thinks we're the same person anyway. :lol: