iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

Has no-one got the spotify app? Surely got to be the best one out there?

My contract with Orange can be renewed on Nov. 17th so im hoping I can upgrade to an Iphone. Even if its the old 8gig one. £35 pm w/spotify is the most im willing to pay though

:D I've been browsing the forums for a bit and i swear you said you didn't like them? Get a Blackberry :rolleyes:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://interest.orange.co.uk/?linkfrom=hp2...soon#iPhonePAYM

h.jpg

Hmm not as good a deal as id hoped. I might be going with an HTC Hero on 3 instead

How do I get it?

Spotify Premium will be available on the award-winning HTC Hero mobile - it won ‘Gadget of the Year’ at this year’s Stuff Awards and ‘Phone of the Year’ at the T3 Gadget Awards. You‘ll be able to get it on our Pay Monthly £35 Internet Texter plan, on a 24-month contract. The HTC Hero will cost £99.99 and your 24-month Spotify Premium subscription (worth £240) will be included as a voucher in the HTC box.

Or back to buying an iPhone outright and using O2's rolling £20 contract, 600 mins + 1200 texts + Unlimited internet

Edited by Kid Dynamite

h.jpg

Hmm not as good a deal as id hoped. I might be going with an HTC Hero on 3 instead

How do I get it?

Spotify Premium will be available on the award-winning HTC Hero mobile - it won ‘Gadget of the Year’ at this year’s Stuff Awards and ‘Phone of the Year’ at the T3 Gadget Awards. You‘ll be able to get it on our Pay Monthly £35 Internet Texter plan, on a 24-month contract. The HTC Hero will cost £99.99 and your 24-month Spotify Premium subscription (worth £240) will be included as a voucher in the HTC box.

Or back to buying an iPhone outright and using O2's rolling £20 contract, 600 mins + 1200 texts + Unlimited internet

I'll just get the latest blackberry/Android phone me thinks. :D

Don't Orange do some unlimited music download thing themselves?

Thats Nokia isnt it? The difference is Spotify is a streaming service rather than a download service. You choose the album you want and listen to it without having to wait for downloads. It also lets you select 3000 tracks you can listen to offline. All for free too. Its like having an Ipod with 6million tracks on

h.jpg

How do I get it?

I'll just get the latest blackberry/Android phone me thinks. :D

The latest Android phones cost no less than an iPhone which is the problem. And despite me championing Blackberrys earlier in the thread, on further inspection id be loathed to invest in an 18/24 month contract as all the technology looks like it is pointing towards android/iPhones over the next few years.

Went into 3 today for the Hero and Spotify deal. Tried to wangle the phone for free instead of £100 but wasnt happening. Il try a different store tomorrow.

Had a fiddle on the iphone and liked it but the only network doing truly limitless internet at the minute is 3. You can stream videos all day long through them. Orange have a 750mb limit per month which is pretty useless

The world's first iPhone virus is reported to be in the wild, targeting users who have cracked, or jailbroken, their phone. Skip related content

The virus, which so far appears to be confined to Australia, changes the users wallpaper to an image of 1980s pop star Rick Astley, and displays the message Ikee is never gonna give you up.

Only those users who have cracked, or jailbroken, their phones and not changed their passwords from the default "alpine" can be affected.

Security firm Sophos said that once in place, the worm attempts to find other iPhones on the mobile phone network that are similarly vulnerable, and installs itself on them.

"This is a wake-up call to iPhone users around the world to take greater care about their security - especially if they jailbreak their phones," said Sophos senior technology consultant, Graham Cluley.

"Businesses also need to ensure that they don't have staff who are endangering corporate data by running insecure smartphones. Other inquisitive hackers may also be tempted to experiment, and could take the code of ikee and adapt it to have a more sinister payload."

Sophos researchers have traced the virus back to Ashley Towns, 21-year-old student from New South Wales. Towns admitted to releasing the worm on his Twitter page, saying that he did so because he found that 26 out of 27 accessible iPhones he had tested were vulnerable because they had not changed their passwords.

Finnish security firm F-Secure has also warned about the virus, and advised iPhone users to expect further attacks.

"The creator of the worm has released full source code of the four existing variants of this worm. This means that there will quickly be more variants, and they might have nastier payload than just changing your wallpaper or might try password cracking to gain access to devices where the default password has been changed," the firm said in a blog post.

:razz:

True :lol:

My mate rang up Orange and got given a free 3GS on an 18month contract, 500mins and unlimited texts. I rang up to get the same deal and they told me to get stuffed! Twats

I have a feeling he's bullshitting, can't see them budging on the standard tariffs they're offering at the moment. I'm due a new phone from Orange in Feb and I want the iphone on the same deal as I'm on now what I brokered with them when they fucked the T & C up. £19 a month for 800 mins and unlimited text, thats what I'll try for anyway.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=691429

My mate just got a free 3GS, 600mins, 750mb net and unlimited texts for £35 on an 18month contract

As I thought

Edited by Wacky Jnr

Been on to Orange and I'm due for renewal in Feb so i can have an iphone from about Jan onwards, not sure what to do as I'm not sure I'll use it enough to justify the £14 a month increase.

To the current iphone mob, Is it worth it? how good are they? will I fall in love with it? and last but not least, will it help me to leave my cock alone for a day or two?