iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

Why the fuck would I want to do that? ;)

So I can look flash?

I would rather get something when I get home, my ipod has about 7000 songs on it and for an ipod that's quite small. For me this is enough and I wont be that desperate to get something on the spot.

Streaming is shite and dependant on connection I would guess, the quality is also terrible so defeats the point of having decent headphones.

Ipod + Sennheisers >>> Looking like a tit.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive used an iPhone and a Hero. I prefer the Hero. I think its safe to say no-one else on here has had the chance to compare

;) you fucking legend.

I had two different phones and can make a comparison, you may now lick my boot.

I have an iPhone and I've messed about with a Hero and suffice to say I didn't feel the need to come on here and defame the Hero to one and all simply because I prefer the iPhone.

by the by, who downloads songs on the fly? I get my music on my PC, plug in my iPhone and whammo, it's synced... not exactly a hassle is it?

It might sound like the phone had nothing but faults. Not quite, it has it’s fair share and most would only affect a few users. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the phone and found myself overlooking some it ifs short comings. It’s a head turner and it would be quite easy to woo someone with it’s feature set.

Android is a particularly strong operating system and one that will be a major player in the next year. It’s impossible to avoid.

The Hero isn’t an iPhone killer, it’s never going to be in the same league. It’s not a Palm Pre killer. It’s a HTC Magic with a better spec and nicer User interface. If you get one, you’ll probably love it – especially if you live somewhere with good signal.

Mobile Tech Addicts

;)

Not exactly 'mobile' music though is it

Aye my ipod weighs a fucking ton.

Good luck fannying on trying to download a rapidshare file over safari, unzip it on your iphone and listen to it, all through 3G.

Id rather just click and listen on iMusic

I know Apple fanboys lurrrve their iPhones but the fact is Android can look at anything iPhone does, and do it, just better, and for free.

Jailbreak the iPhone and download Soulseek or dTunes et voila downloadable music on the go.

I did it, had idTunes on there for 6 months and realised Id not used it once, why would I? how could I ever be desperate enough to hear a track I didnt have while out and about?

Not exactly 'mobile' music though is it

Aye my ipod weighs a fucking ton.

Good luck fannying on trying to download a rapidshare file over safari, unzip it on your iphone and listen to it, all through 3G.

Id rather just click and listen on iMusic

I know Apple fanboys lurrrve their iPhones but the fact is Android can look at anything iPhone does, and do it, just better, and for free.

Jailbreak the iPhone and download Soulseek or dTunes et voila downloadable music on the go.

I did it, had idTunes on there for 6 months and realised Id not used it once, why would I? how could I ever be desperate enough to hear a track I didnt have while out and about?

You just hit the nail on the head tbh. Having to jailbreak your phone to get access to non apple approved (and priced) apps. Worrying about the next update and whether it will brick your phone. If you cant see that Apple have you by the short and curlys (£35 cheapest tarriff!)

I bet KD was the type of kid that would come around and play with your toys and if it was one he liked that he didn't have he would deliberately break it out of spite and jealousy, you can just tell the stamp of him.

Aye, sneaky pin prick in the back of your Stretch Armstrong. ;)

I bet KD was the type of kid that would come around and play with your toys and if it was one he liked that he didn't have he would deliberately break it out of spite and jealousy, you can just tell the stamp of him.

Aye, sneaky pin prick in the back of your Stretch Armstrong. :(

Aye thats him, give him a shot of your BMX to go around the block and he comes back with your rear Knarly Knobby as smooth as Kojak's napper. ;)

So do people see their iPhones as some sort of status symbol?

''Yes I pay twice as much as any other phone for half as good a deal but who cares, its got the apple logo on?''

Where is anyone saying that? You are the one poster who has kept this thread going for weeks now.

I imagine most on here have bought it because its something they wanted, much like you did. Why did you want it?

I know what you are trying to say but then you could argue that for anything. Why buy a car at 5k when you could pick up an old banger for far less or why buy certain food brands when you could go for Asda smart price?

Because if you buy a banger instead of a £5k car it will break down. Or if you buy cheap food it tastes worse that expensive food.

Phones like the Motorola Droid and the HTC Hero do exactly the same as the iPhone?

As for me keeping this thread going, it takes two to tango ;)

People obviously find the Iphone more aesthetically attractive, you said yourself about ''taste''. It's like people who pay for a Jaguar S-Type which is basically a glorified Mondeo. It's not always about status though, the iPhone looks cool as fuck and probably has biggest application network and people don't really want to talk about what a 'HTC Hero' is really do they?

''It's just like an iphone! honest!''

''Aye my mate has one of those iphones, canny!''

Don't underestimate the power a brand can hold over a consumer. You should really just let people get what they want with their own money and you shouldn't be as compelled to ask why as you just look like a doyle. ;)

;) Jesus cunting wept. It's like being 10 again and arguing with someone over what was better - the Playstation or the Sega Saturn.

I own an iPhone (don't particularly like Apple, mind), I love it, it does everything I want a phone to do and more. I have never thought "Hmm....I really need to download this particular song right now or I may throw myself under a bus". If you do get that urge every now and again then you probably need to avoid the iPhone but given the sales figures I am assuming these people are few and far between.

And anyway, what does it matter to you about how much we chose to pay for something? If we can afford it then we're well within our rights to go and spunk as much cash up the wall as we want.

At the end of the day your mini-vendetta with the iPhone and it's users is pretty stupid. It's main function, ringing someone, is pretty well implemented and having a hissy because you can't do X, Y and Z is arguing the toss.

;) Jesus cunting wept. It's like being 10 again and arguing with someone over what was better - the Playstation or the Sega Saturn.

I own an iPhone (don't particularly like Apple, mind), I love it, it does everything I want a phone to do and more. I have never thought "Hmm....I really need to download this particular song right now or I may throw myself under a bus". If you do get that urge every now and again then you probably need to avoid the iPhone but given the sales figures I am assuming these people are few and far between.

And anyway, what does it matter to you about how much we chose to pay for something? If we can afford it then we're well within our rights to go and spunk as much cash up the wall as we want.

At the end of the day your mini-vendetta with the iPhone and it's users is pretty stupid. It's main function, ringing someone, is pretty well implemented and having a hissy because you can't do X, Y and Z is arguing the toss.

playstation obviously

playstation obviously

Goes without saying :(