iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

Been on to Orange and I'm due for renewal in Feb so i can have an iphone from about Jan onwards, not sure what to do as I'm not sure I'll use it enough to justify the £14 a month increase.

To the current iphone mob, Is it worth it? how good are they? will I fall in love with it? and last but not least, will it help me to leave my cock alone for a day or two?

Mrs Paws and I have had one each for almost 3 months now. Mrs Paws loves hers and I have to admit, I'm really impressed too. I've not gotten exited about phones for a long time now, even though I'm a bit of a tech freak. I love new toys, but I usually quicjly grow bored of phones. As long as it makes calls and I can take photos when I want, that usually does me.

The iPhone however, really is the bollocks. I held off getting one because until the OS3.0, it didnt do things like MMS and prior to the 3GS it only had a 2MP camera which was a bit shit.

Ignore the hype, ignore the devotees fawning/wanking over them and just spend 1/2 an hour playing with one and you will see it for what it is - a great bit of kit whic is really nice to use. I've had PDA smartphones various Nokia N-Series business phones (N80, N95 & N96) which have all had loads of features etc but this is the first one for me which does loads of useful stuff and actually manages to funciton well as a phone to!

I use mine for work so I sync 4 different email accounts, calendar and contacts with my PC; I have sat nav on it (Copilot rather than TomTom as TT is a bit shit apparently) for only £27 to get me to meetings etc and a shitload of mp3s on it for when I'm on the train and for all that I only carry one device now.

I've not mentioned the apps yet and there are loads of useful ones. I find myself using it for more than I thought I would. Installed the Sky+ app and last weekend at my Mams I programmed my Sky box to record something later that afternoon that I would have otherwise missed. Not a reason on it's own for buying one, but just an example of one of the many things you'll find yourself doing once you do get one.

Nokia have now released an apps store for their phones and there a loads of apps for android phones as well as Blackberry but for my money, the iphone beats them all. I have friends & collegues who have all of the aforementioned devices, so I've had time to compare.

They are more pricey on consumer tarriffs though, which is a sticking point. As I have mine on a business contract, I get 2 for less than £55/month combined.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after a third phone call to orange they still arent budging on the price! My persistence paid off though and they offered me the following

-HTC Hero for free

-18 month contract

-200mins and unlimited texts

-unlimited anytime internet

-Free handset insurance

-for £22 a month :good:

I know its not an iPhone but there are still plenty of good Android apps out there, BBC iplayer and Spotify to name 2. I can upgrade again in 15 months by which time hopefully iPhone prices will be more reasonable and there will be a bit more competition about.

Surely they are just asking for trouble offering free insurance though!? I wonder how many folks ''lose'' their phone within the first couple of months. £300 on ebay they go for!!!

I've now joined the club.... got my 3GS, 16gb iPhone today!

So, I'm gonna trail through this thread for all the tips but just to get started, what are the best apps, etc?

:good:

I've now joined the club.... got my 3GS, 16gb iPhone today!

So, I'm gonna trail through this thread for all the tips but just to get started, what are the best apps, etc?

:good:

Grab a load of free games to get you started. Then work from there.

Im currently enjoying

Games

Jelly Car2

Geared

Ragdoll

Doom

PaperToss

Tiger Woods (good but I found crashes a bit)

Flight Control

Apps

Sky Sports Football SC

Lightsaber

GymBabes :good:

Pocket Universe

eBuddy

Tweetie

FB

Got a phonecall off the bank today! Someone tried to use my card to buy an iphone :D

They must have known you were too fucking tight. Do you ring and keep them abreast of every conversation you have with 3 and T-Mobile too? :D

Got a phonecall off the bank today! Someone tried to use my card to buy an iphone :D

They must have known you were too fucking tight. Do you ring and keep them abreast of every conversation you have with 3 and T-Mobile too? :D

He does come across as a right, tight bitter fucka in this thread mind. :icon_lol:

Theres a difference in being tight and being gladly ripped off by o2. 500 texts, £35 a month for 2 years :D

That's the price that comes with the phone, if you can't afford it then fuck off out of the thread.

I already did! :D But its still fun winding people up in here. Sony Ericcson have announced their first android phone this week. I think people are starting to realise you can just use the android platform to recreate any apple app, but for free. Give it 6 months til all the big players drop android phones into the market and apple will be slashing their prices to hold onto customers

Heres a couple of vids showing apple getting twitchy arses already

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10403954...l?tag=rtcol;pop

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Theres a difference in being tight and being gladly ripped off by o2. 500 texts, £35 a month for 2 years :D

That's the price that comes with the phone, if you can't afford it then fuck off out of the thread.

And give the superfluous ":D"s and "!!!!"s a rest as well ffs.