Given signs for Man City

Matty

To all those who keep saying how loyal Harper is compared to Given, he recently said that if Newcastle had accepted Spurs offer for him that he would not be here anymore in which case would you all be calling Harper's loyalty into question? Either way I feel both keepers have been immensely loyal over the years considering the mismanagement at all levels at the club during their time here and I for one hope Shay does well with Man City.

Your opinion has nothing to do with you Nationality obviously :razz:

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big rumour going around anyway....

Hope it's not true, after all he's been through here, I'd hope he stay to try and keep us up anyway.

Finally... my ITK comes off! :razz:

Not really no, I wouldn't have begrudged Harper a move either. I'm not one of those Given worshippers who reckon he's better than any keeper in world football, I just find it hard to understand a lot of the anti-Given sentiment in this thread.

Edited by TicTacWoe

The club have themselves to blame really. If we weren't in this shitty mess the tonking off liverpoo, which ultimately pushed him over the edge, could've been avoided.

It's done now, we've just got to get on with it. It's the one position we had depth in anyway.

If the likes of Craig Gordon and Gomes are worth £9m, I would say Given is worth considerably more, once again thank you Shay for your impeccable timing.

SSN are saying £6m FFS

Why do you think it's 'undislosed'? :razz: As soon as I saw that word, I knew it was a low fee.

Don't feel any emotion tbh - anger at NUFC as we left him no option from what I've heard.

SSN are saying £6m FFS

Why do you think it's 'undislosed'? :razz: As soon as I saw that word, I knew it was a low fee.

Don't feel any emotion tbh - anger at NUFC as we left him no option from what I've heard.

In hindsight, maybe it's a fair price for a keeper that can't save penalties, struggles to claim crosses, has little command of his area and has the distribution skills of Royal Mail 2nd class post. :icon_lol:

i like how 5m is an insult yet they agree to six. Once again this shows how weak our board/manager is. A proper one would have walked out of the room at the mention of anything less than 10m

If the likes of Craig Gordon and Gomes are worth £9m, I would say Given is worth considerably more, once again thank you Shay for your impeccable timing.

Jimbo, Im surprised you feel as you do. The guy has been through 8 managers in 10 years, has seen a change of ownership 3 times and has failed to win any silverware in the time he has been here.

For the first time in his Newcastle career, he has probably looked at the situation and thought his ambitions werent matched by the club any more. I can see that, and im sure a lot of other fans do. I dont begrudge him the opportunity to better his chances elsewhere after giving it more than a go for the last 11 years. I dont see how he has left us "in the shit" as Harper is more than a capable understudy, which he proves everytime he comes in to the side.

I love it how everybody is going mad that we have accepted £6million, how do you know that? SSN says so? Get real!

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the figure is £5m tbh.

Ashley has ensured we'll never know which fucks me off big time.

Jimbo, Im surprised you feel as you do. The guy has been through 8 managers in 10 years, has seen a change of ownership 3 times and has failed to win any silverware in the time he has been here.

For the first time in his Newcastle career, he has probably looked at the situation and thought his ambitions werent matched by the club any more. I can see that, and im sure a lot of other fans do. I dont begrudge him the opportunity to better his chances elsewhere after giving it more than a go for the last 11 years. I dont see how he has left us "in the shit" as Harper is more than a capable understudy, which he proves everytime he comes in to the side.

I can fully understand his decision, I just can't understand why people think he should be applauded for it, I'm a Newcastle United fan not a Shay Given United fan, NUFC is a weaker place for his departure, that is to be lamented, not celebrated.

I have no problem with any decent player here wanting out, from top to bottom the club is a fucking joke, being run into the ground and nobody has any idea from one moment to the nect what is going to happen. Why would any top player want to stay here with all that shit. And i don't think he went to City particularly for money, he's earned shitloads in his tme here to set him for life, he just sees a club that is miles ahead of us now and went when they came in for him.

If the club was secure finacially and being run properly, in a decent league position with some prospect for the future then yes i'd be annoyed with him, but as it stands i wouldn't expect anyone other than a geordie to feel the need to stick it here under Ashley.

If we have sold him for £6m then the club are yet again a fucking joke, this is man city and we should have accepted nothing less than £10m for a keeper who is better than those mentioned on here going for £9m

SSN are saying £6m FFS

lol club willing to sell our top players for 6m and you wonder why people want out...

fuck me you gotta laugh even if it is depressing as hell

why the fuck do you say lol to everything ?

hardly funny that our best player has left us after 11 years due to the cunts running us.

now lol at that fuckface!

I can fully understand his decision, I just can't understand why people think he should be applauded for it, I'm a Newcastle United fan not a Shay Given United fan, NUFC is a weaker place for his departure, that is to be lamented, not celebrated.

I am in agreement with you that it is a sad day when we see probably the only "world class" player left. Totally consistent, and seemingly undervalued his performances have saved many a result over the years.

I dont begrudge him for leaving though. Im pissed off at the club for failing to match that ambition and putting him and "us" into the situation that we now find ourselves.

There is no way we would have accepted £6m after calling 5 derisory (or whatever the word used was). Consider how much we have got for players leaving, and then think it through.

And SSN are correct, are they?/ Like shite.

Unless, of course, there was something medically 'dodgy' meaning a lower figure, rising on appearances???

Edited by snakehips

I feel quite happy that he is gone actually. Harper is nearly as good and if he gets injured Krul may finally get a chance to show why he will become the world's best goalkeeper.