Given signs for Man City

Matty

nothing /thread about it

your a fickle cunt, having digs at someone whose a good 100games ahead of men with statues outside the ground

thankfully your in the minority and will be drowned out by people with more sense

<_<

Excellent reasoning skills.

My being a cunt is not relevant to the topic in hand. B)

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he has snapped his Crayolas and decided the club is not good enough for him anymore and has engineered a move, I don't see a great deal of difference between Given and Insomnia in that regard right now, Given could and should have left this until the end of the season, instead of leaving us in the shit for a rival club with the pure and simple motivation of money.

Loyalty my arse, fuck off Seamus and fuck off Charles.

nothing /thread about it

your a fickle cunt, having digs at someone whose a good 100games ahead of men with statues outside the ground

thankfully your in the minority and will be drowned out by people with more sense

:rolleyes:

Excellent reasoning skills.

My being a cunt is not relevant to the topic in hand. :razz:

no but you being fickle is, I do hope your ready to boo and hold up a misspelled banner

edit> @money being spent, does anyone think we'll spend it on anyone decent or be able to attract anyone decent? i mean we've just spent around 1/2 of shays value on kevin nolan...

Neither of us are going to be there so in fact, we can probably both STFU. B)

I just don't agree with you and there's not a single sausaging thing you can do about it...! B):whistle::huff::tease:<_<

Thats a point for debate if we are spending the Given money.

That money is less than we could have got in the summer......because he's asked for a transfer request.

But we could have been relegated by then (still might). We needed new faces now. If MA is not putting money in, then we had to sell. Its no good saying sell Geremi / Smith et al if no one wants them. Given sadly was very sellable and him wanting away makes it easier.

Like you, Id much rather Shay stayed. But, I dont blame him for wanting to leave. I dont expect him to not go for the lucrative move towards the end of his career after 11 years here to fight another shite season out, things looking bleaker than ever.

He's no hero for the cause, but I dont begrudge him his move. He's going with with dignity unlike the little french fucker.

Thats a point for debate if we are spending the Given money.

That money is less than we could have got in the summer......because he's asked for a transfer request.

But we could have been relegated by then (still might). We needed new faces now. If MA is not putting money in, then we had to sell. Its no good saying sell Geremi / Smith et al if no one wants them. Given sadly was very sellable and him wanting away makes it easier.

Like you, Id much rather Shay stayed. But, I dont blame him for wanting to leave. I dont expect him to not go for the lucrative move towards the end of his career after 11 years here to fight another shite season out, things looking bleaker than ever.

He's no hero for the cause, but I dont begrudge him his move. He's going with with dignity unlike the little french fucker.

I don't blame him either FWIW, I can understand his reasons it's just that those reasons go against something I hold dear (ie my club).

If this was another player at another club I'd feel differently, but this is football and it's tribal in that way. My concern isn't what's right for Shay Given so that's why I'm not praising him now, because ultimately, when someone wants to leave my club they're no longer "on my side".

oh and as for he won't be part of "our club" anymore

your right, and as soon as he leaves my sig will be gone and the rest updated, but no ill feelings for him whatsoever hope he does well, he served newcastle well for a long time so thanks etc.

but i'll not be putting anyone new in the sig yet because there simply isn't anyone of the same caliber at the club to go in there.

Aren't you forgetting XISCO? <_<

B)

Anyone who thinks Given going to Citeh is just for the money is kidding themselves. The money they have means they can buy players like Robinho who can pushe them on next season to have a chance of winning things and certainly europe.

Why wouldn't you want to swap us for that?

With regards to him asking for a transfer, that saves us money doesn't it. Plenty of people said when his lawyer made that statement that by doing it that way he saved himself from missing out on a loyalty bonus when we sold him. Well now he's done that and he still gets slated for it.

he has snapped his Crayolas and decided the club is not good enough for him anymore and has engineered a move, I don't see a great deal of difference between Given and Insomnia in that regard right now, Given could and should have left this until the end of the season, instead of leaving us in the shit for a rival club with the pure and simple motivation of money.

Nail on the head tbh

charlie i always expected this , maybe if we were dsoing a bit better then he'd want to stay , but i dont want players like that who only wanna stick around when were doing well .

shay , has went so down fucking hill in my estimations of the bloke . no fucking reason wahtsoever to jump ship this window , he's being a cunt .

shay has ambition ... not as much as us fans .

its pretty bloody obvious , come summer due to no season tickets sold and hatred against ashley he will sell on , and there will be more buyers about then for us .

if shay would only hang around till summer to see what happens .... handing in a transfer request ...... cant get over it tbh B)

Not that much of a stretch when hes asking to leave when we are in our worst position since he joined the club

Agreed, its not loyalty when the team are doing ok and we seem to be heading in the right direction, loyalty is when your backs to the fucking wall and you've no way out, if he had stood his ground, that would of been loyal, but hes engineered a move away

fuck him!

Must say I've come to agree with some of the latest comments. No reason whatsoever to force a move like this now. Could very well have waited until June.

Yeah... cheers Shay B)

I don't get why he wants to go now surely if the club means or has meant that much to him he would stay til the end of the season.

I don't blame him for going now. The offer to go to City is there now, he's put up with us being shite for a canny few years, and he, like all of us, is fucking sick of NUFC at the minute. Unlike us, he has the option to do something about it.

I don't blame him for going now. The offer to go to City is there now, he's put up with us being shite for a canny few years, and he, like all of us, is fucking sick of NUFC at the minute. Unlike us, he has the option to do something about it.

I don't blame him for going either but he can still fuck off.

I don't blame him and wont hold it against him at all but always thought he would've left to go to one of the top 4, Arsenal being the most likely.

But City are supposedly on the up (although results dont support this!) and he's 32 so a nice big final contract for him might be a priority.