Kevin Nolan signs

Scottish Mag

There's alot of people assuming

A-He's gone

and

B-That he would be interested in going to Newcastle

If that's not the biggest indictment of our current stature you'll ever see I don't know what is. People actually considering a move from Bolton to Newcastle is a step down.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad indictment of the shit state we are in that I will be quite heartened if this comes off (mind you if they use the money to get Veloso (surely he wouldn't go there?) I will be pissed off).

A few years ago I did think he was a very good player but he'd fell back by SA's last season there but he's a battler and does got forward so I think in our current mess he would do ok. Interesting to see in that Bolton thread they seem to have a better oppion of him than I thought they had now.

Ashley will be clapping his hands if he can get Nolan and Ebondo for £3mil each and flog Given for nearer £10mil

That's the worst thing. Selling one of the best players in the league to fund the purchase of a player of Nolans standard!

In terms of what we've got in that position I think he adds a lot of strenght and will to be effective enough.

Guthrie = very standard

Barton = crocked

Geremi = shite

Butt = standard

Nolen = solid enough

Duff Zoggy Nolen Jonas

Edited by Geordie Boyo

I could cry. I know we are shit, and I know we should give up any hope of the top 6. But look at the names in our squadm we should be after people like Veloso, not giving Bolton the extra few million for them to buy him. For the sake of a million why oh why couldnt we just buy Bullard?

I could cry. I know we are shit, and I know we should give up any hope of the top 6. But look at the names in our squadm we should be after people like Veloso, not giving Bolton the extra few million for them to buy him. For the sake of a million why oh why couldnt we just buy Bullard?

Would definitely agree with this. Still can't beleive they will sign Veloso.

12 million, not going to happen

Would definitely agree with this. Still can't beleive they will sign Veloso.

Its only the last couple of years that people have really started showing an interest in Bullard for all we know that could have been his purple patch much like Nolans of a few years back.

I am not sayig he isn't better but 50k for a 30 year old who up until the last few years no one was bothered about could have been a risk too.

he's in the mood for lamping

and stamping

he'll be getting sent off in no tiiiime.

now where the fooks me coat

:rolleyes:

I would love it, love it if we started singing that.

Sort of player we need at the sort of price bracket we are looking at.

Id have been fuming at this same story not 12-18 months ago but now Id see it as good business. despite nolans stock going down, just not as much as ours.