Geordies vs Makems, the derby!

Venom

Too many falling in to the trap of confusing his running style with his attitude.

How should we interpret the times he does nothing and just stands around then?

His running style happens to be to never fucking sprint btw. Being tall doesn't mean you don't have to move your legs quickly to travel at speed. The lad is shit which could possibly be forgiven if he was all-out effort, but he barely even tries most of the time.

Good point, best example is Peter Crouch. He's even taller than Shola and still three times better as he's looking to get himself into positions and moves his legs.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carroll looks decent enough as a back up atm. Holds the ball up better than any of our other strikers and will hopefully only get better. He should be getting the chances Shola was given 7 years ago, I cant believe that mug is still making a living in the premiership. Ronaldo scored more goals in the last 15 months that Ameobi has in his entire career man!

We were awful today and really 2nd best all over the park, with a few exception,

Jonas was running all over the park and had a great game, but I wish he had the confidence to have a shot at goal. Enrique had a very good game along with Bassong and Taylor was ok and much better coming forward.

After that I struggle with, Ameobi, apart from the pen he was shit, and IMO never be any good, Butt is feeling the pace and gets worse each week, Duff was also crap and I fail to understand why he is on the teamsheet.

Finally the manager, Kinnear is just out of his depth, IMO clueless, and poor role model for some of our "special needs" players.

About time Kinnear worked out that having Gutierrez and Duff on the wrong flanks in the hope that they cut in and take shots on, doesn't work when neither of them want to cut inside and take shots on. Crosses from both flanks are generally poor because you've got two wingers trying to cross with the wrong foot.

Gutierrez doing his trickery down the right and actually being able to make crosses with the right foot has to be a better idea. How many did he scuff along the deck today - not his fault, the manager's.

just got back from the game.

sunderland had our bollocks in the first half, but we had the majority of play in the second and had plently of chances to score before / after the penalty. Once Cissee went off they had fuck all threat up front.

Bassong was man of the match, played his heart out and kept it calm at the back clearning up colo and taylors stupid mistakes. Jonas played well but so many times he played stupid passes to their players or hit the first man with a cross. Enrrique played the best i've seen him.

We got stuck in the head of steam after the game and we're locked in whilst all the commotion happend outside. had a perfect vantage point of the stuff going on at central station wiht the police and all the 'toon ultra's' (couldn't decide who i wanted to get hit first, all fair in a derby but i swear half the people on the 'front line'were about 15 years old!)

About time Kinnear worked out that having Gutierrez and Duff on the wrong flanks in the hope that they cut in and take shots on, doesn't work when neither of them want to cut inside and take shots on. Crosses from both flanks are generally poor because you've got two wingers trying to cross with the wrong foot.

Gutierrez doing his trickery down the right and actually being able to make crosses with the right foot has to be a better idea. How many did he scuff along the deck today - not his fault, the manager's.

B) Agree. And all I've got to say on top of that is Taylor is shit and Bassong is class. Great penalty by Shola as well btw <_<

Shola had his usual below potential showing, sure he took a good penalty but wor lass could have done as well. He's always lacked that "I'm gonna bury you" aggression you'd like to see in a striker.

I'm beginning to be tad disappointed with Carroll, his first touch control is poor, lets the ball bounce too far away from him. I can't say I've seen any real pace either, sometimes looks like a cart-horse. I don't see him taking on opponents in dribbling runs towards goal and I want to see that. Shola does albeit not too well most of the time. I want to see him do well cos he's a Gatesheed lad like me.

Colo's positional play is not the best and I have to fault him for the Mackems goal. He does a lot of things well but he's not the finished article of a stopper I'd like to see.

Bassong was on-song, again. I think he's going to be a jewel in the back 4.

Enrique was half-way decent today but I'd like to see one game where his passes didn't go to the other side as though it was planned that way.

Taylor had a good game at right back, maybe he should concentrate on that position cos I can't see him displacing Bassong.

Duff was his usual energetic run arond like hell self that was lacking in any purposeful finish to his endeavours.

Butt was disappointing, again. He's becoming hot & cold again, losing consistancy.

I had hoped that Nolan would have an impact on the game but he didn't. Very quiet in the first half but came on stronger in the second. I think he will become an asset for the Club.

Spiderman is beginning to look more like what he was in the beginning, cutting through the defence like a knife through melting butter. I wish he had taken the penalty and scored, I've got to see him put that fucking mask on.

Kinnear needs to give Loverman more playing time or we'll never see what he has to offer or whether he's any good for us.

A 7 for Shola? Are you mental?

We are the geordies, the geordie boot boys, for we are MENTAL for we are mad, we are the loyalist football supporters...The woooorld has eeeever had!

You not included? B)

Actually gemmil, 7 is about rite IMO if that makes me mental so be it, rather that than a miserable bastard. <_<

He wasnt outstanding, but he wasnt awful neither, showed some nice touches, linked up well at times and stayed calm and collected to score a quality penalty.

He was slow, and did canter about, but he's not played for 6 weeks remember?

Do you rate Shola as a decent player?!

Tbf he showed bollocks and converted the penalty, but apart from that he was useless. Fucking pathetic.

Iv not ONCE said he was a decent player, i like alot on here feel he is seriously inferior.

All i was merely stating was i dont think he was as bad as people are making out today. He hasnt played for 6 weeks and scored us a CRUCIAL goal for fuck sake!

We are the geordies, the geordie boot boys, for we are MENTAL for we are mad, we are the loyalist football supporters...The woooorld has eeeever had!

You not included? B)

Actually gemmil, 7 is about rite IMO if that makes me mental so be it, rather that than a miserable bastard. <_<

He wasnt outstanding, but he wasnt awful neither, showed some nice touches, linked up well at times and stayed calm and collected to score a quality penalty.

Tbf he showed bollocks and converted the penalty, but apart from that he was useless. Fucking pathetic.

Iv not ONCE said he was a decent player, i like alot on here feel he is seriously inferior.

All i was merely stating was i dont think he was as bad as people are making out today. He hasnt played for 6 weeks and scored us a CRUCIAL goal for fuck sake!

Was just a question mate, as you tend to defend a vast majority of our players.

Of course he scored us a crucial goal, of course I've got respect for his courage to take the pen, but once again: Apart from that he was an useless twit, not giving a fucking shit on moving, going for the ball or getting himself into positions. I can't understand how soon some people are content with performances from players who earn that amount of bloody money.

EDIT: Overall he IS garbage.

Edited by KingKev

I thought Carroll had a good game. He got stuck in; won a few headers; harried and chased back; did some neat touches at times.

Well done, kidda. :razz:

Aye, if he's gets in the weight room for a couple of seasons I could see him developing into a real Duncan Ferguson type of forward, the sort defenders hate playing against.

You not included? :razz:

Actually gemmil, 7 is about rite IMO if that makes me mental so be it, rather that than a miserable bastard. :icon_lol:

Just a question mate, as you tend to defend a vast majority of our players.

Of course he scored us a crucial goal, of course I've got respect for his courage to take the pen, but once again: Apart from that he was an useless twit, not giving a fucking shit on moving, going for the ball or getting himself into positions. I can't understand how soon some people are content with performances from players who earn that amount of bloody money.

IMHO Duff, Carroll, Butt and Nolan were worse.

People are giving Lovenkrands a pat on the back when in reality he did fuck all except put a bad cross in that happened to hit the bar.

Jonas was excellent and got in to some great positions, but once again contributed fuck all and his crossing and shooting is nothing short of pathetic.

Shola had a reasonable game, by no means his best by no means his worst - and because he runs like he doesn't care he gets pelters. At least he contributed something meaningful..

Actually gemmil, 7 is about rite IMO if that makes me mental so be it, rather that than a miserable bastard. :icon_lol:

People are giving Lovenkrands a pat on the back when in reality he did fuck all except put a bad cross in that happened to hit the bar.

Jonas was excellent and got in to some great positions, but once again contributed fuck all and his crossing and shooting is nothing short of pathetic.

Shola had a reasonable game, by no means his best by no means his worst - and because he runs like he doesn't care he gets pelters. At least he contributed something meaningful..

Only agree on Butt here tbf. Nolan played a decent second half and because of the long balls from the back couldn't really impress. Duff played better than recently, but still at most average. At least some of his set-pieces were dangerous. And Carroll was moving, holding the ball up and got himself into positions, which Ameobi didn't do.

Only agree on Butt here tbf.

In which case give him the dogs abuse!!

As has been sad previously Shola has been out for weeks and he's been asked to play the 'little man' to Andy Carrolls 'big man', a role which clearly is not suited to him.

:razz: Agree. And all I've got to say on top of that is Taylor is shit and Bassong is class. Great penalty by Shola as well btw :icon_lol:

It does my head in when thick bastard managers play people out of position when there is no need. Duff can barely manage his own left wing position these days, but he certainly can never play right wing. So Kinnear essentially sent out two big men up front with no pace and allied that with 2 wingers on the wrong side to offer no corsses...genius!

Only agree on Butt here tbf.

In which case give him the dogs abuse!!

As has been sad previously Shola has been out for weeks and he's been asked to play the 'little man' to Andy Carrolls 'big man', a role which clearly is not suited to him.

Lets be honest here, "striker for newcastle" is not suited to him, to be fair though "striker for my local pub team" isn't suited to him either

Makem at work text me to say they were robbed. Did the telly show something different to what I saw at the match because we dominated them the second half (not saying we were good or out but definitely better then them).

How Bardsley stayed on the pitch is beyond me. Shocking refereeing.

Btw I thought Nolan looked decent. He looked pretty solid in the tackle, passed reasonably ok since there was no movement ahead of him and looked to get into the box which is something our midfielders usually struggle badly with.

Just got back.

I'm saddened and suppose angry at how many shit players were on show - if the EPL is the best in the league and two lower half teams show that amount of technique then fuck me all the other leagues must be unwatchable.

I would like to track down every teacher, coach and manager who has ever told Shola Ameobi he is a footballer and beat the fuckers up within an inch of their lives. The man is unacceptably abysmal.

The Guttierez fan boys can also kiss my arse - the complete lack of any final ball or cross brought back memories for me of Ian Stewart and Wayne Ferday - he is only save because he isn't the gutless shits that they were.

Speaking of which Damien Duff - why would he go down said a mate of mine - because he's a spineless cheating cunt was my reply.

Bassong, Taylor and Carroll for his effort I'd keep - the rest can just fuck off and die.

Edited by NJS

Yep, I am fucking disgusted with that wanker. He had a go at Enrique down in front of where I sit, and people went daft at him - total pisstake after the shift Enrique put in compared to him.

Yeah I was completely pissed off when I saw that (was evident on TV as well). Last thing we need is players getting angry at each other for stupid stuff (particularly Shola who has no right to be angry at anyone). Enrique tried his arse off all game, and linked up very well with Jonas. We need our team to work together, not get upset and stroppy if a pass goes astray. That kind of attitude will see us relegated.

Btw I thought Nolan looked decent. He looked pretty solid in the tackle, passed reasonably ok since there was no movement ahead of him and looked to get into the box which is something our midfielders usually struggle badly with.

Agree. Saw Nolan making some intelligent runs into the box to put himself in a scoring position, or in the position to pick up a parried shot (if anyone could actually put a shot on target). That's something you won't see Nicky Butt doing. He'd take the opportunity to have a break and ball watch. I think Nolan was a good purchase. He needs someone to play with in midfield. Could form a decent partnership with Barton, though we won't get a chance to see that for some time. LIkewise with Guthrie. I really hope that another central midfielder is signed, because NIcky Butt is just way too slow.

Taylor had a good game at right back

You fucking what? :razz::icon_lol:<_< I take it you mean apart from at least 3 fuck-ups that nearly lead directly to goals for Sunderland. Absolutely unbelievable comment that like.

To be fair, a 5 out of 10 would be generous even including the fact he scored the pen.