Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately Chelsea winning may have a knock on effect in terms of the relegation battle. Guess who'll be fielding a team of youngsters against Sunderland on the final day... :D

Having said that it may be we need to concentrate all our efforts on catching Hull who have a hard run in, they are basically in freefall. They're certainly catchable.

The man who brings me the clip of the Arsenal boy having a tantrum at the end earns themelf a score through paypal.

40 seconds in,

this youtube not reached the smoke yet?? :D

Edited by paddy

The man who brings me the clip of the Arsenal boy having a tantrum at the end earns themelf a score through paypal.

40 seconds in,

this youtube not reached the smoke yet?? :D

I need it without all the shit around it...can you edit it?

Unfortunately Chelsea winning may have a knock on effect in terms of the relegation battle. Guess who'll be fielding a team of youngsters against Sunderland on the final day... :D

Having said that it may be we need to concentrate all our efforts on catching Hull who have a hard run in, they are basically in freefall. They're certainly catchable.

Lets hope they're still there or thereabouts for the title.

We have to get something from the game tomorrow, Mackems won, Stoke won, Pompy won, we are in even deeper shit if we dont get something.

I think we are depending too much on the games against Pompy, Fulham and Boro. Its the games like tomorrow we need to be looking to get a bit of luck and sneaking the three points, results like that from now to the end of the season will keep us up, I cant see wins against Pompy, Fulham or Boro meaning safety is guaranteed.

I think if we don't win against Spurs, we've had it. Depressing.

We have to get something from the game tomorrow, Mackems won, Stoke won, Pompy won, we are in even deeper shit if we dont get something.

I think we are depending too much on the games against Pompy, Fulham and Boro. Its the games like tomorrow we need to be looking to get a bit of luck and sneaking the three points, results like that from now to the end of the season will keep us up, I cant see wins against Pompy, Fulham or Boro meaning safety is guaranteed.

i agree and yes its fucking depressing. the heart attack man, and his cronies have done this

i agree and yes its fucking depressing. the heart attack man, and his cronies have done this

In years to come we'll be a case study in how to fuck up your football club and get relegated. Just about everything that could go wrong has, from the manager leaving, key players getting injured, dressing room unrest, uncertainty over ownership, the whole shebang. It's split the club from top to bottom and the heart of it is incompetence, naievety, penny pinching and players and staff who don't give a shit so long as they get paid. Don't get me started :D

In years to come we'll be a case study in how to fuck up your football club and get relegated. Just about everything that could go wrong has, from the manager leaving, key players getting injured, dressing room unrest, uncertainty over ownership, the whole shebang. It's split the club from top to bottom and the heart of it is incompetence, naievety, penny pinching and players and staff who don't give a shit so long as they get paid. Don't get me started :D

It's quite fucking amazing really. Were you to actually try to sabotage the club I doubt you could do a better job.

The way I see it there is only 5 teams that could possibly go down.

Us, Boro, Hull, West Brom and Blackburn.

West Brom are effectively gone so it's 4 teams for 2 spots. If we lose to Spurs we're in the box seat for the second spot. If we win we're in with a decent chance of staying up. If we draw we'll still have some straws to clutch to. Game against Boro is mission fucking critical. NUFC are personally responsible for the fact that Hull aren't certs for relegation. Losing to them at St James' - fucking embarrassing (even given the circumstances surrounding the match).

Thankfully for us Villa's Champions League aspirations are well and truly over, so there should be a lot less for them to play for on the final day.

I totally agree and it's a good point. As much as Ashley carries the can, the players have been fucking woeful this year and have done nothing to earn their wages. "Servants" such as Shay Given and Kevin Keegan can all fuck off too if they think they're still held in the same high regard. They both could have made their feelings known without leaving us in the shit. No-one will forget how good Given was or the excitement of the Keegan years but they've soured their reputation.

I'm in total admiration of Shearer who's come back and put his neck on the block. He's put his money where his mouth is and he has earned himself some major brownie points in my eyes. I hope he manages to pull us out of trouble but even if he doesn't I hope he stays. He represents something which hasn't been seen since he left: love for the club before himself.

:icon_lol:

I totally agree and it's a good point. As much as Ashley carries the can, the players have been fucking woeful this year and have done nothing to earn their wages. "Servants" such as Shay Given and Kevin Keegan can all fuck off too if they think they're still held in the same high regard. They both could have made their feelings known without leaving us in the shit. No-one will forget how good Given was or the excitement of the Keegan years but they've soured their reputation.

I'm in total admiration of Shearer who's come back and put his neck on the block. He's put his money where his mouth is and he has earned himself some major brownie points in my eyes. I hope he manages to pull us out of trouble but even if he doesn't I hope he stays. He represents something which hasn't been seen since he left: love for the club before himself.

Keegan hasn't soured his reputation as far as I'm concerned.

In years to come we'll be a case study in how to fuck up your football club and get relegated. Just about everything that could go wrong has, from the manager leaving, key players getting injured, dressing room unrest, uncertainty over ownership, the whole shebang. It's split the club from top to bottom and the heart of it is incompetence, naievety, penny pinching and players and staff who don't give a shit so long as they get paid. Don't get me started :nufc:

:wacko:

Keegan hasn't soured his reputation as far as I'm concerned.

I imagine that's the majority view tbf.

40 seconds in,

this youtube not reached the smoke yet?? :nufc:

I need it without all the shit around it...can you edit it?

Leave it alone. He's a fuckin' kid ffs. :wacko:

And rightly so. :icon_lol:

A captain never leaves a sinking ship. :icon_lol:

We weren't sinking when he was in charge though. :icon_lol:

:nufc:

Ok...fair point.

A captain should never leave his ship when it's doing ok. :wacko:

Edited by Asprilla

Agree on the shearer point like - totally gone up in my estimation as a local legend - i never thought he would take us on in such a perilous state - total fuckin respect - speaking of which he has brought more respect and stature back to the club in a fortnight than the last three or four managers put together

Agree on the shearer point like - totally gone up in my estimation as a local legend - i never thought he would take us on in such a perilous state - total fuckin respect - speaking of which he has brought more respect and stature back to the club in a fortnight than the last three or four managers put together

One thing about Shearer is that he's not a "joke" type media figure. He won't be getting carried away and will keep his feet on the ground. It would be nice to think we could have a bit of stability and get talked about for being "good at football" for a bit. :nufc: