Other games

Park Life

Blackburn 1-1 Chelsea

After a dodgy start, Rovers really competed against an under par Chelsea team, and may even have won. There were 4 things to really note:

1. El Hadji Diouf scored after doing precisely fuck all up to then.

2. Chelsea have no full backs and therefore no width since Ivanovich was injured, joining Cole and Bosingwa.

3. Phil Jones had an immense debut and kept Anelka and Drogba in his pocket. Not bad for an 18 year old.

4. Robbie Savage was entertaining as a pundit. The perfect antidote to listening to Alan Green whiny bollocks at the Man Utd game.

How many times did Savage say "when I was here under Sparky..."? I was starting to think it was some sort of challenge for Sports Relief.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackburn 1-1 Chelsea

After a dodgy start, Rovers really competed against an under par Chelsea team, and may even have won. There were 4 things to really note:

2. Chelsea have no full backs and therefore no width since Ivanovich was injured, joining Cole and Bosingwa.

3. Phil Jones had an immense debut and kept Anelka and Drogba in his pocket. Not bad for an 18 year old.

4. Robbie Savage was entertaining as a pundit. The perfect antidote to listening to Alan Green whiny bollocks at the Man Utd game.

How many times did Savage say "when I was here under Sparky..."? I was starting to think it was some sort of challenge for Sports Relief.

True, and it probably was. He was very close to Hughes, which is probably why he fell out with Toshack.

Another win, 2-1 against Big Club (Birmingham). Sets us up nicely for Sunday.

Blackburn 1-1 Chelsea

True, and it probably was. He was very close to Hughes, which is probably why he fell out with Toshack.

How's Fat Sam doing?

Blackburn 1-1 Chelsea

How's Fat Sam doing?

We still have a section who hate him, say his football is awful, he is the worst manager ever etc., but the mjority say whilst the football is not exactly Barcelona, the results more than make up for it. That former group will never be happy, but never say who'd they'd replace him with, and just criticise.

Which team do you mean Barney?

We play Portsmouth on the 3rd, and then we finish with quite a few scary games in the run in.

Whilst I wish we could have Messi, Rooney etc. and play great football, but a club in our position can't really expect that in a million years and results are the most important thing.

Edited by Billy Castell

He's on about Derby County in 07-08. They were bottom and he went there looking for a draw and we lost. It was their sole league win that season I think.

;)

Edited by alex

Which team do you mean Barney?

We play Portsmouth on the 3rd, and then we finish with quite a few scary games in the run in.

Whilst I wish we could have Messi, Rooney etc. and play great football, but a club in our position can't really expect that in a million years and results are the most important thing.

Yeah, Alex is right.

That was the biggest problem-the absurd negative tactics whilst playing dross opposition.

He's on about Derby County in 07-08. They were bottom and he went there looking for a draw and we lost. It was their sole league win that season I think.

;)

I've just realised, even with 9 points off portsmouth still have more points now than derby did at the end of that season

;)

I've just realised, even with 9 points off portsmouth still have more points now than derby did at the end of that season

Aye, we didn't just lose to the worst team that season. I think they're (statistically at the very least) the worst team in the history of the PL. The daftest thing about the tactics we employed under Allardyce was that the side we had was far better going forward than it was at defending anyway. Also, I remember going to Fulham away and it must be the most boring match I've ever attended. I can't think of one that was less interesting anyway.

Has he tried to play for a point away from home to the worst team in the league yet?

If he's getting you wins and moving up the table though, then great.

Hughton will be looking for this fixture at Faaaaaaaaaantaaaaaaaaasticdaaaaaaaaaaaay@SJP (bit of Haircut 100 for you there) next season and marking it as a 'winnable game' then ;)

Has he tried to play for a point away from home to the worst team in the league yet?

If he's getting you wins and moving up the table though, then great.

Hughton will be looking for this fixture at Faaaaaaaaaantaaaaaaaaasticdaaaaaaaaaaaay@SJP (bit of Haircut 100 for you there) next season and marking it as a 'winnable game' then ;)

:icon_lol:

;)

He played for a fucking draw against them at SJP too :icon_lol:

;)

We even gave them a point at St James'. Disgraceful.

I still remember that away goal. It was from a long ball from their keeper that none of our defenders got to. Consequently it bounced and that bint of a forward Miller smashed the ball into the back of the net on the volley. Horrible horrible game.

I think it was Viduka who partially spared our blushes scoring the late equaliser (and possibly our first) in the return match which finished 2-2.