Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's on about Derby County in 07-08. They were bottom and he went there looking for a draw and we lost. It was their sole league win that season I think.

;)

I've just realised, even with 9 points off portsmouth still have more points now than derby did at the end of that season

Aye, we didn't just lose to the worst team that season. I think they're (statistically at the very least) the worst team in the history of the PL. The daftest thing about the tactics we employed under Allardyce was that the side we had was far better going forward than it was at defending anyway. Also, I remember going to Fulham away and it must be the most boring match I've ever attended. I can't think of one that was less interesting anyway.

Bloody freezing too. Ooh me tootsies. :doh::icon_lol:

Reading 1-0 up against W.Brom

Reading are a good side, going to be a tough game in hand!

Lets hope it stays that we and we do forest on monday!!

Its weekend like these where league champions do what needs to be done!

Reading 1-0 up against W.Brom

Reading are a good side, going to be a tough game in hand!

Lets hope it stays that we and we do forest on monday!!

Its weekend like these where league champions do what needs to be done!

Aye but by the time we play them I don't think they're going to have anything to play for and will have one eye on the next season and keeping players fit, either to sell or to build on.

Luton are 7-0 up on Hayes and Yeading

Apparently, Steven Spielberg rang the Yeading manager asking if he could borrow the players to use them as extras in his new Viking film he was shooting near, err, Hayes and Yeading beach, ;) , anyway, a few days later the Yeading Manager phones up Spielberg to ask how they got on, Spielberg replied, "Well they were canny enough at the pillaging...............

........But they were fucking shite at Luton!"

(Anyone seen my coat?)

:icon_lol:

Hull leading 2-0 at home to Fulham. If West Ham-Stoke finishes 0-0 they're just a point behind. Come on Dowie lad ;)

(Who would've thought almost a year on from last season's disaster that I'd be cheering Hull on to stay up?)

Fairy muff.

Chelsea have been winning me a little bit of money today. After the equaliser I popped £3 on them to be the next goal scorer and each time I've done that they've scored. ;)

just wish I had been doing that with Luton :icon_lol:

Discussed Liverpool's chances with a scouser I know the other day. After I told him I didn't think they'd make fourth, he replied with a quip I quite liked.

"Mate if it was anyone other than Spurs standing in our way I'd be worried. If it were Man City, Villa or even Everton above us we'd be fucked. But not Spurs. Failure is in their blood."

:D

The JPT final was a good watch.

Southampton always looked the better team and could have had a few more. 73'000 people there!

Madness! That's more than the Man Utd - Wigan leaguecup final!

"Mate if it was anyone other than Spurs standing in our way I'd be worried. If it were Man City, Villa or even Everton above us we'd be fucked. But not Spurs. Failure is in their blood."

By virtue of their games in hand Man City are potentially above Liverpool. Of all the teams mentioned the one I'd be least worried about are Villa. Tottenham may have a history of bottling it, but I think their current side is far and away the best Tottenham side of recent times. What will test them is the patch where they play three top teams in a row. I guess Liverpool are relying on that to be the stumbling block that allows them to surge to the top. In the meantime though Man City if they play to their abilities should be able to glide effortlessly by Liverpool into either 4th or 5th depending on how Tottenham does against the big boys.